SPOILERS: WandaVision Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

MarvelCharacterNerd

Yes, totally something we didn't know we needed.
"Fine. I'll go out with you. But I'm ordering the lobster."

I live for Kat Dennings. :D Plus that was straight outta 2 Broke Girls. :D

When the strong man was beating on the truck as they were driving away. And Vision yells sorry I can't hear you. Totally hilarious.
Gave me absolute fits of the giggles. :D

And the stare into the camera. That was everything.

1613963462282.png

#amdone #mynewreactiontoeverything

Plus him sitting in the director's chair chatting into the camera, realizing what he was doing and pulling off his mic and tossing it. :D Glorious.

If I had to guess, and I really don't know a ton about Agatha, I don't see her really being THE villain. She was mainly an allie to the fantastic 4 and Wanda. So I could see her being manipulated by the real bad guy. And in the end she ends up helping Wanda when the true villain appears.
That's what I'm waiting for, too. Because if it 'only' was Agatha all along, I think that would be a letdown. She's like the mid-credits point, waiting for the real tag scene. lol

waltography

Has anyone seen this. Was reluctant to post it until now.
You should probably add a little more context to that spoiler (e.g. "on-set photos") in case people don't want that part of the show spoiled!

But I agree - I think there's more to Dottie than meets the eye.
Especially since Episode 2 I've long thought that if Agnes was Agatha, then some of the side players may be part of her coven of some sort which would lead to a three-front war by Episode 9 (Agatha & friends, Wanda & friends, SWORD).
Obviously all speculation, but it's odd she's only reappeared now so I do wonder where they'll take her character.

Phicinfan

Yes, totally something we didn't know we needed. When the strong man was beating on the truck as they were driving away. And Vision yells sorry I can't hear you. Totally hilarious.

If I had to guess, and I really don't know a ton about Agatha, I don't see her really being THE villain. She was mainly an allie to the fantastic 4 and Wanda. So I could see her being manipulated by the real bad guy. And in the end she ends up helping Wanda when the true villain appears.
In the past(per comics) Agatha has been under the control of Mephisto and others. I agree I don't think she is the end villian here, in house of M story line, Wanda's kids were formed by shards of Mephisto's "soul." This could be leading there...

Per that, rumors now flying(sorry Mr. Penguin ;) ) You tube rumors saying Mephisto will be played by Al Pacino and he will be the big cameo in the end. I love Pacino, and there has been record of him talking to Feige earlier. Pacino was awesome as the devil in Devil's Advocate.

Ripken10

In the past(per comics) Agatha has been under the control of Mephisto and others. I agree I don't think she is the end villian here, in house of M story line, Wanda's kids were formed by shards of Mephisto's "soul." This could be leading there...

Per that, rumors now flying(sorry Mr. Penguin ;) ) You tube rumors saying Mephisto will be played by Al Pacino and he will be the big cameo in the end. I love Pacino, and there has been record of him talking to Feige earlier. Pacino was awesome as the devil in Devil's Advocate.
Something one of the videos Mister Penguin posted pointed out one interesting thing that always makes me doubt about Mephisto. China is a huge market Disney is pushing. If Disney introduces Mephisto here, it is very likely China would not allow any movies/shows that uses him to air in their country. The devil is a big no-go in China. That's why I tend to think that Marvel may be just throwing these devil references everywhere as a fun throw off, nod to the comics. I also think they have to be careful introducing too much too quick (only two episodes left where they also need to wrap up what they have) for the more casual fans. Marvel has done an awesome job (IMO) of creating content that is entertaining to both casual fans and comic book hardcore fans. That's a hard job, and the one I am most impressed with as I was Marvel compared to DC

The idea that supposedly the actress that plays Dottie had to be approved by Feige (while he didn't do the same for other characters) makes me think there has to be more to Dottie than she has done so far (one of the many theories out there so far).

Mister Penguin - you have ruined me. I sit here and watch all those easter egg videos now, and when someone says something that is so dead wrong because what I have learned from these videos I feel like a snob "that person has no idea what they are talking about". I turned off one I found at one point after maybe 30 seconds because he spit off 3 things that were completely wrong...but I only knew it was wrong because I watched other videos.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Mister Penguin - you have ruined me. I sit here and watch all those easter egg videos now, and when someone says something that is so dead wrong because what I have learned from these videos I feel like a snob "that person has no idea what they are talking about". I turned off one I found at one point after maybe 30 seconds because he spit off 3 things that were completely wrong...but I only knew it was wrong because I watched other videos.
Heh.

And I'm only posting the ones that make sense to me, even though their speculation winds up not panning out. There are a lot more that I don't post and given up on because they present their theories as if they know it's right. And others, as you've discovered, are just crazy.

Let's face it. It seems that they loaded WandaVision with as many Easter Eggs, allusions, references, and fake-outs, as they could such that it leaves us always confused and in the dark.

Which is genius. It makes it both predictable and unpredictable. It leaves us as off-balanced as the characters are.

It would be a mistake to think of WandaVision as like it was a detective show where we can figure out whodunit. It has the trappings of a whodunit, but it's really a psychological adventure where we constantly don't know what's going to happen next.

Ripken10

Heh.

And I'm only posting the ones that make sense to me, even though their speculation winds up not panning out. There are a lot more that I don't post and given up on because they present their theories as if they know it's right. And others, as you've discovered, are just crazy.

Let's face it. It seems that they loaded WandaVision with as many Easter Eggs, allusions, references, and fake-outs, as they could such that it leaves us always confused and in the dark.

Which is genius. It makes it both predictable and unpredictable. It leaves us as off-balanced as the characters are.

It would be a mistake to think of WandaVision as like it was a detective show where we can figure out whodunit. It has the trappings of a whodunit, but it's really a psychological adventure where we constantly don't know what's going to happen next.
Totally agree with you. I watch so many of the videos now, but I have found I turn them off faster now when I realize what they are.

I have one that is definitely my first watch now. One of the ones you always post, and he even admits that at this point he is probably over analyzing things because there just is so much (I think of when he zeroed in on a small image on the back of a cereal box at one point).

I do think it is what makes this show genius, especially with its one episode a week run. Sure I would love to watch the next episode right away, but this show is being talked about a ton, and it's bringing in more viewers because of that.

This is good fun. I really didn't think I would like this one as much as the Falcon and Winter Soldier. It actually has me worried I will be disappointed in that one now.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Something one of the videos Mister Penguin posted pointed out one interesting thing that always makes me doubt about Mephisto. China is a huge market Disney is pushing. If Disney introduces Mephisto here, it is very likely China would not allow any movies/shows that uses him to air in their country. The devil is a big no-go in China. That's why I tend to think that Marvel may be just throwing these devil references everywhere as a fun throw off, nod to the comics. I also think they have to be careful introducing too much too quick (only two episodes left where they also need to wrap up what they have) for the more casual fans. Marvel has done an awesome job (IMO) of creating content that is entertaining to both casual fans and comic book hardcore fans. That's a hard job, and the one I am most impressed with as I was Marvel compared to DC

The idea that supposedly the actress that plays Dottie had to be approved by Feige (while he didn't do the same for other characters) makes me think there has to be more to Dottie than she has done so far (one of the many theories out there so far).

Just a point to be aware of, D+ is currently not available in mainland China. And I don't expect the Chinese government to approve D+ expansion to the mainland anytime soon. So I don't think Marvel is going to leave out Mephisto just for that reason. In addition China is against anything that is of foreign occult, witches are already skirting the line if not down right jumping on it or over it. So I think the show has already gone into areas that mainland China would not approve. So I doubt, and this is just my feeling, Feige would leave one of Marvel's big bads on the side line. If anything they will modify him just like they did Thanos. In the comics Thanos literally does everything for Death, because he wants to date her, yes in the comics death is represented as a female. In China this wouldn't be accepted so they changed his reason for the snap to one of resource scarcity. And I expect something similar here if they do introduce Mephisto, and I expect they will.

Anyways, just my two cents.

UNCgolf

Just a point to be aware of, D+ is currently not available in mainland China. And I don't expect the Chinese government to approve D+ expansion to the mainland anytime soon. So I don't think Marvel is going to leave out Mephisto just for that reason. In addition China is against anything that is of foreign occult, witches are already skirting the line if not down right jumping on it or over it. So I think the show has already gone into areas that mainland China would not approve. So I doubt, and this is just my feeling, Feige would leave one of Marvel's big bads on the side line. If anything they will modify him just like they did Thanos. In the comics Thanos literally does everything for Death, because he wants to date her, yes in the comics death is represented as a female. In China this wouldn't be accepted so they changed his reason for the snap to one of resource scarcity. And I expect something similar here if they do introduce Mephisto, and I expect they will.

Anyways, just my two cents.

The bigger issue with China wouldn't be D+, but the upcoming Doctor Strange movie. If Mephisto ends up being the one pulling the strings in WandaVision then he will likely be the main villain (or at least one of them) in the Doctor Strange movie too.

I agree that they might be able to get around the Chinese restrictions, though.

Ripken10

The bigger issue with China wouldn't be D+, but the upcoming Doctor Strange movie. If Mephisto ends up being the one pulling the strings in WandaVision then he will likely be the main villain (or at least one of them) in the Doctor Strange movie too.

This is what they were pointing to. Wandavision is likely building to people we would see (most likely not only in Doctor Strange, but definitely Doctor Strange). The point they made was it seems unlikely they would introduce a villain that wouldn't be available in there 2nd biggest market (and it's not even close). The point they also made was that the Chinese restrictions are very strict when it comes to the devil. They made it sound like it was the one line they won't cross (although if anybody could, Marvel has been given the most leeway...they pointed to how Back to the future is not allowed in China due to time travel, but they allowed End Game...Note - devil is a lot more taboo then time travel in China).

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Which is why I think it requires a tweek to Mephisto, but again that is just my opinion.

This is what they were pointing to. Wandavision is likely building to people we would see (most likely not only in Doctor Strange, but definitely Doctor Strange). The point they made was it seems unlikely they would introduce a villain that wouldn't be available in there 2nd biggest market (and it's not even close). The point they also made was that the Chinese restrictions are very strict when it comes to the devil. They made it sound like it was the one line they won't cross (although if anybody could, Marvel has been given the most leeway...they pointed to how Back to the future is not allowed in China due to time travel, but they allowed End Game...Note - devil is a lot more taboo then time travel in China).
Except you're already introducing characters that would be no-no in China. Agatha now being confirmed an actual witch, and likely getting a backstory in this weeks episode including potential Salem Witch Trials references, would already be a no-no in China.

So we'll have to wait and see, but my bet is they still reference Mephisto.

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

Mid credits scene in this week's episode.
For Ep. 1-6 I have fast forwarded through the credits just in case... then for Ep.7, I turned it off at the end. Of course, there's a credit scene! :banghead:

Did anyone notice that Monica's eyes turned
purple (Agatha) when she turned around after Pietro caught her looking inside the storm cellar? Not her usual Spectrum blue.

Ripken10

Which is why I think it requires a tweek to Mephisto, but again that is just my opinion.

Except you're already introducing characters that would be no-no in China. Agatha now being confirmed an actual witch, and likely getting a backstory in this weeks episode including potential Salem Witch Trials references, would already be a no-no in China.

So we'll have to wait and see, but my bet is they still reference Mephisto.
Witches don't seem to be banned in film as often in china. Not that it is the say all be all, but a quick good search lands a lot of movies with witches in China, but I really struggled finding ones on the devil.

I am by far from an expert on this, but I do think this will be a factor in whether Mephisto becomes the big bad. I think they will leave it at mild references. But we will see. With only 2 episodes left, I think they have a lot on their plate to put in that Mephisto would be rushed if they put him in.

I am still watching Dottie, as well as if there is more to the story about Pietro/Peter. Definitely seems like more to explore with that, but not sure how much we will get in just 2 episodes. Maybe just a tease for more later.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Witches don't seem to be banned in film as often in china. Not that it is the say all be all, but a quick good search lands a lot of movies with witches in China, but I really struggled finding ones on the devil.

I am by far from an expert on this, but I do think this will be a factor in whether Mephisto becomes the big bad. I think they will leave it at mild references. But we will see. With only 2 episodes left, I think they have a lot on their plate to put in that Mephisto would be rushed if they put him in.

I am still watching Dottie, as well as if there is more to the story about Pietro/Peter. Definitely seems like more to explore with that, but not sure how much we will get in just 2 episodes. Maybe just a tease for more later.
As has been mentioned by another poster I don't think there is any hard rules on this stuff. It appears that its on a case-by-case basis. As I can say there have been occult films released in China in years past including a film literally called "The Devil" released in the 80s. Den of Nerds had a good write-up on some old Chinese films that dealt with the occult back in 2016.

Anyways if the 6 hour runtime for the series is true we have about 2.5 hrs left for the two episodes. My thought is 30ish minute Ep8 and a 2 hr Ep9. Which leaves plenty of time to introduce Mephisto (or whomever the big bad is) and have a final battle before the cliffhanger that will lead into Dr Strange 2.

mary2013

Some bits of observation/speculation/theories (had to research some Marvel stuff):

4. Monica's friend was a fake-out. That was disappointing to say the least.
So I haven't seen all the videos linked, but did anyone think Monica's friend was the Skrull from Captain Marvel and Spiderman FFH? The way she talked about her loyalty made me think that right away? Just me?

erasure fan1

So I haven't seen all the videos linked, but did anyone think Monica's friend was the Skrull from Captain Marvel and Spiderman FFH? The way she talked about her loyalty made me think that right away? Just me?
I never thought the friend was him, but I did/do hope he shows up. Of course I'm always hoping for a Talos appearance, he was awesome.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

A few vloggers brought up Skrulls.

But then again, anyone can be a Skrull.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom