• Jungle Cruise

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • The Haunted Mansion

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Frozen Singalong Celebration

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
By all means, if I've missed something... Streetmosphere, ride, ect. Let me know! The poll includes options that are still open today. But feel free to give a shout out to past attractions!

Also, this should honestly be a fun thread. Everyone's idea of comedy is different... How you respond to people's opinions on this topic may determine how likable of a person you are, TBH. :) (A message for the snippy forum users)

Have fun!

Magic Kingdom
The Country Bear Jamboree (Plus Christmas & Vacation Hoedown) | 1971-
Jungle Cruise (Plus Jingle Cruise) | 1971-
The Haunted Mansion | 1971-
Carousel of Progress | 1975-

Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management) | 1998-2011
Stitch's Great Escape | 2001-2018

Mickey's PhilharMagic | 2003-
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor | 2007-

The Muppets Present... Great Moments in History | 2016-2020

EPCOT
Kitchen Kabaret | 1982-1994

The Bird & the Robot | 1982-1996
World of Motion | 1982-1996
Cranium Command | 1989-2007
The Anacomical Players | 1989-????
Food Rocks | 1994-2004
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience | 1994-2010
Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable | 1995-2018

Turtle Talk with Crush | 2004-
O' Canada (Starring Martin Short) | 2007-2019
Muppet Mobile Lab | 2007-2008, 2016
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The 3 Caballeros | 2007-

Hollywood Studios
Citizens of Hollywood | 1989-2020(?)
Superstar Television | 1989-1998

Muppet*Vision 3D | 1991-
For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration | 2014-
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway | 2020-

Animal Kingdom

Flights of Wonder | 1998-2017
It's Tough to be a Bug! | 1998-

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

For the historical list, World of Motion, Cranium Command, and Superstar TV get my votes. Probably one of the reasons I was never that fond of Horizons was because it had none of the silliness of World of Motion next door.
WoM was a great and wildly imaginative show. Every scene was comical but was able to really interestingly show the progression of transportation. It think that like Pirates and Haunted Mansion, it would still be popular today. GM made a lot of stupid decisions in that era where they changed everything but with no foresight at all. The original Test Track was certainly different, and popular, but didn't have the staying power the WoM had and would still have I know that the two must do things for me in EPCOT was WoM and the beginning of Imagination. What was not to like about them. Cranium Command was good, but the preshow was the highlight in my mind, General Knowledge was very funny. Superstar TV was also a good one, but you know it was a costly show to produce a zillion times a day.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
If we were looking at all time, I don't think any of them could top World of Motion. Honey I shrunk the Audience was worth a few chuckles especially when they released the lab rats. Oh, and Cranium Command was a hoot as well.
How could I remember Bird & Robot but not WoM... Huh.

UNCgolf

Carousel of Progress should probably be an option.

It's full of jokes, regardless of whether someone finds any of them funny. I don't think it's laugh out loud funny, but I do think it's funnier than the Jungle Cruise even with the best possible skipper -- I've never once been on the Jungle Cruise and done anything other than roll my eyes at it.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster

It's full of jokes, regardless of whether someone finds any of them funny. I don't think it's laugh out loud funny, but I do think it's funnier than the Jungle Cruise even with the best possible skipper -- I've never once been on the Jungle Cruise and done anything other than roll my eyes at it.
I’d say it’s only an option to be added if someone thinks it’s funnier than all the other attractions listed. (Although the poll choices are full).

Goofyernmost

I will agree that CoP did have a lot of humor, but it was topical humor connected more with the era they were representing then anything a current audience would easily understand. Still entertaining and who can leave without humming the song. Jungle Cruise continues on because of tradition. It has been around a long time and even the jokes that were corny enough to make into liquor were the things that made the ride, things like the backside of water and so on.

Goofyernmost

I’d say it’s only an option to be added if someone thinks it’s funnier than all the other attractions listed. (Although the poll choices are full).
Don't be to upset about the addition of other things. As for myself I answered your poll with Muppet Vision. I just added others that sadly are no longer there for us to judge, but would have been some real contenders.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Don't be to upset about the addition of other things. As for myself I answered your poll with Muppet Vision. I just added others that sadly are no longer there for us to judge, but would have been some real contenders.
I'm not upset about adding anything. I'm adding options that are legit known for their humor, or if a user finds an uncommon attraction hilarious. But if I add any attraction that has just a little joke or two here and there, the list could get too long.

If there's enough people who would classify COP as a comedy attraction, I seriously don't mind.

EDIT: all that aside, I should stick with my original post and just add whatever so that I'm not a hypocrite.

Goofyernmost

I'm not upset about adding anything. I'm adding options that are legit known for their humor, or if a user finds an uncommon attraction hilarious. But if I add any attraction that has just a little joke or two here and there, the list could get too long.

If there's enough people who would classify COP as a comedy attraction, I seriously don't mind.

EDIT: all that aside, I should stick with my original post and just add whatever so that I'm not a hypocrite.
Sorry I guess I didn't word things right. I only brought it up because I miss all those great things the once existed. CoP still does and it is cute but hardly a laugh out loud show. I didn't list CoP as better then what I had picked from your list. Your list is fine and from that list I voted for Muppets. Just reminiscing a little.

Heppenheimer

I will agree that CoP did have a lot of humor, but it was topical humor connected more with the era they were representing then anything a current audience would easily understand. Still entertaining and who can leave without humming the song. Jungle Cruise continues on because of tradition. It has been around a long time and even the jokes that were corny enough to make into liquor were the things that made the ride, things like the backside of water and so on.
I don't remember if it's in the current show, but what I found to be the funniest exchange from Carousel of Progress is this one. The son is looking at stereoscope images of a World's Fair and asks:

Son: "What's the hoochie-coochie?"

Father: "Um... get back to your homework, son."

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Sorry I guess I didn't word things right. I only brought it up because I miss all those great things the once existed. CoP still does and it is cute but hardly a laugh out loud show. I didn't list CoP as better then what I had picked from your list. Your list is fine and from that list I voted for Muppets. Just reminiscing a little.
Humor is very subjective. No arguments here! It does have a few chuckles... when you can hear the audio. 😂

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I voted for Muppets, which I would possibly argue is two of the funniest attractions in WDW (the preshow and actual show being two different attractions IMHO). Although, I remember laughing out loud at the puns of Food Rocks (as a musician who has played in more than his fair share of cover bands).

Goofyernmost

I don't remember if it's in the current show, but what I found to be the funniest exchange from Carousel of Progress is this one. The son is looking at stereoscope images of a World's Fair and asks:

Son: "What's the hoochie-coochie?"

Father: "Um... get back to your homework, son."
I don't know if that was in the NY Worlds Fair show, but it was in the first incarnation of CoP in WDW.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I voted for Muppets, which I would possibly argue is two of the funniest attractions in WDW (the preshow and actual show being two different attractions IMHO). Although, I remember laughing out loud at the puns of Food Rocks (as a musician who has played in more than his fair share of cover bands).
Food Rocks always holds a special place in my heart. My (now 72 year old) dad absolutely loved that show. When I was little, like 7 years old, dad and I would watch it about 3 or 4 times in a row! It was corny AF, but man was it a good time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom