The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

zombiebbq

We’ll never know now...but I think people would have been very disappointed “for the 50th”

They just don’t do those long exclusive park promos now. Not in Florida.

Guardians, rat, tron...those were to address them falling behind after near 20 years of abandoning the proven plan to reinvest. So were avatar and abramsland and toy story. A theme park should receive a significant rehab or addition every 3 years on average (meaning on average one a year in Orlando)...the Iger record is not even close. They did well the last 8 years or so...but that was catch up for that and the previous 12.

I agree. I think they would have cheaped out even without Covid as an excuse. but we'll never know now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, we'll never know, but it's safe to say that it was probably more than what we're getting. My comments about the new rides was to say that the 50th celebration might be small and disappointing but at least we do have additional attractions coming. They could have cancelled a lot more than they did because of Covid. It gives us something to look forward to which helps.

Actually they really couldn’t have cancelled anything under construction...it was all moving and the contracts were executed.

What died were the ambiguous “hints” they always give at D23...there’s always a things hinted - not defined that fall into the “keep them coming by thinking we’re gonna do more”

Those went the way of the dodo

disneycp

I have to wear a mask every single day. It’s itchy, makes my face all oilly, and it generally sucks. But it’s needed right now, for the safety of myself and others. Also, the event will go until May 2023, and by the back end of this timeframe, the world will hopefully be back to normal. Just be patient.

“by the backend of over 3 years from when the pandemic started, the world will hopefully be back to normal so just be patient!” Yikes

LittleMerman

Actually they really couldn’t have cancelled anything under construction...it was all moving and the contracts were executed.

What died were the ambiguous “hints” they always give at D23...there’s always a things hinted - not defined that fall into the “keep them coming by thinking we’re gonna do more”

Those went the way of the dodo
1613762571280.png

JIMINYCR

I like the look of the addition of Gold to the castle. I liked it when they had it years ago and always thought they should have left it permanently. It adds regality to the castle.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

jrhwdw

I’m going to assume the castle decorations are HEA friendly? Unfortunately not the castle Dreamlights, RIP.
And Minnie's Fireworks friendly? Don't know why I thought of that this morning.

I HOPE they thought about not distorting the Show Projections or we're in for a very quiet 18 months.....(meaning they can't do shows with projections because the decor will make them un visible)

We have to hope that we have good 50th news coming!

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom