D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

trainplane3

no numbers?? booooo. boooo i say!
Like I said over on the FB group, I feel bad for those expecting them especially after I said they'd be numbered. It was totally intentioned to be numbered but reasons I can't speak to stopped it from happening.

But regardless, $10 more for a poster that is much larger with special inks is still a heck of a deal. And to add that there could be posters that some missed out on will now be able to get them easily (in litho or seri formats too). These should be sitting closer to $150. Some slight "collector-ness" out the window for ease of access to the fans. Personally, it's a trade that I'm willing to take.

FigmentFan82

No NDA, just not my piece to talk about. It might be kinda mucky but it hits a weird area I don't really want to touch also. I bet most would respond with "How's that the reason? Seriously? Lame". But it is what it is.
merci for the response. i work in a corporate environment and lame decisions run abound!

projectgamma

Like I said over on the FB group, I feel bad for those expecting them especially after I said they'd be numbered. It was totally intentioned to be numbered but reasons I can't speak to stopped it from happening.

But regardless, $10 more for a poster that is much larger with special inks is still a heck of a deal. And to add that there could be posters that some missed out on will now be able to get them easily (in litho or seri formats too). These should be sitting closer to $150. Some slight "collector-ness" out the window for ease of access to the fans. Personally, it's a trade that I'm willing to take.
For one that missed out on this and a couple of others, I am grateful for the second opportunity regardless even if it is not numbered.

runnsally

Just a guess, but perhaps the no-numbers has to do with how SD defines limited release vs limited edition with the former allowing them to print more down the line if they want.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Thanks but I mean the Matterhorn actually has a different design than it did last year. Look at the top third of the mountain.
You're right. They lopped off the top of the mountain. The left side is less jagged, too. Weird.
It looks like an error, like that one section got "stretched" horizontally. Very strange. Hope that doesn't happen with the others.
Shipped posters will be correct.

Mesa Azul

Hah! I am the one that caught it and triggered the change but the thanks goes to others making these things happen.

Some bad news to those of you expecting a number. While it was never mentioned on the Moana page it was intentioned to be a numbered release. Sadly due to things I can't get into, the entire series will be un-numbered.

It's a combo of future and what was popular.
The open release makes sense to not have a number. Let the numbered LEs be their own thing. Totally fine with these serigraphs being different. Also psyched the right Living Seas is coming!

FigmentFan82

The open release makes sense to not have a number. Let the numbered LEs be their own thing. Totally fine with these serigraphs being different. Also psyched the right Living Seas is coming!
numbered timed releases are a thing m any have done before. it's easily done. the decision not to number them for this series is pretty lame

Mesa Azul

I guess I just disagree. Unilateral numbered sets, don‘t really interest me. They’re not limited by number, only time, so why number them? Also, I’d imagine Disney would hate to see low numbered new attraction posters and high numbered classics. Probably sends a bad message on the popularity and direction of the park. Thats not to say I don’t get why you and others are let down these won’t be numbered... Guess I just am not.

trainplane3

I just like the art, so I don’t really care about the numbers. They are nice to have though, but far from make or break for me.
I'm in the same boat. If it comes with a number, I want it. No number, not a problem.
I rarely believe "numbered" items. You really can't prove that they didn't write that same number on other posters.
Felt the same way with this stuff. I know Cyclops is numbering them individually but other stuff does make you wonder.
I guess I just disagree. Unilateral numbered sets, don‘t really interest me. They’re not limited by number, only time, so why number them? Also, I’d imagine Disney would hate to see low numbered new attraction posters and high numbered classics. Probably sends a bad message on the popularity and direction of the park. Thats not to say I don’t get why you and others are let down these won’t be numbered... Guess I just am not.
It would be interesting to have specific numbers to see how much each poster sold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom