News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It was an exaggeration to make a point... And it makes a very good point.
I've never gotten the impressing those posting telephotos were engaging in mere hyperbole. It's just as easy to take a non-telephoto photo and to show problems with sightlines.

Also, no one who has posted a telephoto and I pointed out its exaggeration has come back with "I'm just exaggerating it to make a point!"

aliceismad

It's certainly not cohesive with Swolphin at all. At least Gran Destino tower includes elements that work with Coronado Springs' architecture, and Riviera is "themed" even if the theme is weak and clashes with Caribbean Beach.

mgf

The hotel is in an interesting spot. It's about 1 mile from Hollywood studios and 0.8 miles from the Skyliner at the international gateway.

To be honest - the S&D are juuuust at the edge of what I would consider coinvent access for a Cat 6 hotel that bills its location as an amenity (vs an out of the way spa resort or something). That added distance from Reserve, which requires crossing streets and parking lots, is asking a lot. It just isn't the kind of convenience I would expect -- especially with the end of the Disney branded transportation. I wonder if they have a plan?

Otherwise the location is just plain bad.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
To be honest - the S&D are juuuust at the edge of what I would consider coinvent access for a Cat 6 hotel that bills its location as an amenity (vs an out of the way spa resort or something). That added distance from Reserve, which requires crossing streets and parking lots, is asking a lot. It just isn't the kind of convenience I would expect -- especially with the end of the Disney branded transportation. I wonder if they have a plan?

Otherwise the location is just plain bad.
Couple with the fact they apparently scrapped a plan to build a pedestrian bridge to go over the Epcot Blvd. I am still not sure how that road will function if there are constantly people walking back and forth.

Bocabear

Couple with the fact they apparently scrapped a plan to build a pedestrian bridge to go over the Epcot Blvd. I am still not sure how that road will function if there are constantly people walking back and forth.
I brought that up early on and everyone insisted there was no traffic whatsoever...lol

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I brought that up early on and everyone insisted there was no traffic whatsoever...lol
It's going to be a mess, especially when the conferences/business travelers return. While I am sure the hotel itself will be nice and serve its purpose, the transportation/to and from will not be pretty.

Epcotfan21

So guests staying at the Reserve will have access to amenities at the S & D, but will S & D guests have access to the Reserve amenities too?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
We are bug Marriott people and have stayed on points at swan and dolphin. This hotel as a cat 6 makes no sense. Do
People know the four seasons is available for $550-$600 a night? It makes the GF look like a best western. I don’t get paying these prices anymore. Four seasons for me!
For reference, the prices are aligned with the Swan and the Dolphin based off a few weekend dates we were looking at in the Fall. Currently in October they range from 360 to 390, of course they are priced high now because of the unknowns come Fall in regards to COVID but they typically come down a bit. Points are exactly the same for all three properties. I guess I am not seeing how this is priced high?

Chomama

For reference, the prices are aligned with the Swan and the Dolphin based off a few weekend dates we were looking at in the Fall. Currently in October they range from 360 to 390, of course they are priced high now because of the unknowns come Fall in regards to COVID but they typically come down a bit. Points are exactly the same for all three properties. I guess I am not seeing how this is priced high?
It is high compared to what you get at other resorts is all I meant. I would gladly pay another $150 and stay somewhere really nice. When swan was $200 a night it was a great value

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom