D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

trainplane3

Is that Land March 1-15 then Nemo 15-30? Does that mean the new neighborhood will be on April 1?
Both on 3/15 apparently.
Land.JPG

seas.JPG

If they are truly limiting it to 16 prints for the serigraph series then it seems like we'll see 1 per month for the 1st two of the quarter with 2 on the final month of the quarter. Maybe the first two are for ones with higher anticipated demand while the last two have lower anticipated demand and they are thinking Cyclops can handle the workload of both posters?

We know from 2020 they can handle at least @ 1200 each monthly drop. We also know the team is willing to attempt to change the plan mid run due to the qty changes last year.

It'll be interesting to see the numbering on each of them when they finally ship. What will also be interesting will be the less popular prints will have lower run numbers possibly making them harder to find in the future for any completists that missed the drop.

I've got one additional theory on the release schedule I'll save for another post...
When Moana released in 2020, it was the one that stayed around the longest of that wave. Living Seas was gone hours before Moana was.

I think Soarin' will do much better then Moana because the attraction is iconic and it also exists. The Land will probably do just as well and possibly better. Nemo...uuuhh...eh.

I'd want to say the the concern on doing everything for a date limited run is the fact it's unpredictable and not many are made prior to the order page going up (note the 5 to 6 week shipment time for Moana and Soarin'). Example, Moana sells 150 so it seems like they can increase the posters per month. Then Soarin' itself sells 600+. Then you have The Land selling 800+ with the addition of Nemo selling 200+. All with more inks and more QA during the printing process.

They can do it but they also only have so much time.

Surferboy567

Both on 3/15 apparently.
View attachment 532360
View attachment 532361

When Moana released in 2020, it was the one that stayed around the longest of that wave. Living Seas was gone hours before Moana was.

I think Soarin' will do much better then Moana because the attraction is iconic and it also exists. The Land will probably do just as well and possibly better. Nemo...uuuhh...eh.

I'd want to say the the concern on doing everything for a date limited run is the fact it's unpredictable and not many are made prior to the order page going up (note the 5 to 6 week shipment time for Moana and Soarin'). Example, Moana sells 150 so it seems like they can increase the posters per month. Then Soarin' itself sells 600+. Then you have The Land selling 800+ with the addition of Nemo selling 200+. All with more inks and more QA during the printing process.

They can do it but they also only have so much time.
Very interesting...looks like the new neighborhood starts on April 1.

...really hoping it’s world discovery. If the follow the blog post then that will be next.

I also think Soarin’ will do quite well...the Land may do well it is always the most popular litho. I like the colors on Nemo but probably won’t do as well.

projectgamma

Very interesting...looks like the new neighborhood starts on April 1.

...really hoping it’s world discovery. If the follow the blog post then that will be next.

I also think Soarin’ will do quite well...the Land may do well it is always the most popular litho. I like the colors on Nemo but probably won’t do as well.
I can understand 50% of the choices for this neighborhood being selected, soaring and the land. The rest makes me worried what shopdisney is going to select for the upcoming neighborhoods.

Surferboy567

I can understand 50% of the choices for this neighborhood being selected, soaring and the land. The rest makes me worried what shopdisney is going to select for the upcoming neighborhoods.
If we are going by Neighborhoods:

Discovery:

(Past)
Horizons
Wonders of Life
World of Motion
Universe of Energy

(Present)
Test Track
Mission Space

(Future)
Space 220
Guardians
Play

Out of these the ones I am personally going after for sure is: Test Track & Mission Space. I may however also grab a Guardians and possibly Wonders of Life.

The question then becomes what does Disney chose to make a serigraph out of these. If we use the 3 prints a neighborhood pattern. I think the most likely ones are Guardians & Test Track. As for the third one their are so many good choices but if they are pushing for new or current experiences Mission Space could be made. If Horizons doesn’t get chosen though...I am pretty sure lots of EPCOT fans will be angry.

World Celebration:

(Past)
On the brink of a new Age (will this get reprinted?)
Communicore
Millennium Celebration (will this get reprinted?)
Imagination (I hope this goes in Future eventually)

(Future)
Spaceship Earth (will this get reprinted?)

Out of these I am personally going after: Imagination I may however go for Millennium or Spaceship Earth.

Similar to the questions posed in Discovery what will Disney choose? They have to choose Imagination right? If they, don’t this thread will probably blow up. Since the selection of this neighborhood is so small the only other ones I can see them making is Spaceship Earth & Communicore.

World Showcase:

(Past)
Maelstrom
Illuminations

(Present)
UK
Norway
Morocco
Mexico
Japan
Italy
Germany
France
China
Canada
Gran Fiesta Tour
Frozen Ever After

(Future)
Harmonious
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure

Out of these I am personally going after: Maybe none. I may however go for Remy.

What will Disney choose? Their is no way with it so close they don’t choose Remy. As for the other two I don’t think any of the countries will be chosen. With them out of the way it leaves Harm, Fiesta, Frozen, Illuminations, Maelstrom. It honestly could go any of the ways here.

I think I got them all listed, what does everyone else think?

EDIT: Oh, and of now I am focusing on the lithos but that may change. Trying to limit myself on these to only the ones I really want.

projectgamma

If we are going by Neighborhoods:

Discovery:

(Past)
Horizons
Wonders of Life
World of Motion
Universe of Energy

(Present)
Test Track
Mission Space

(Future)
Space 220
Guardians
Play

Out of these the ones I am personally going after for sure is: Test Track & Mission Space. I may however also grab a Guardians and possibly Wonders of Life.

The question then becomes what does Disney chose to make a serigraph out of these. If we use the 3 prints a neighborhood pattern. I think the most likely ones are Guardians & Test Track. As for the third one their are so many good choices but if they are pushing for new or current experiences Mission Space could be made. If Horizons doesn’t get chosen though...I am pretty sure lots of EPCOT fans will be angry.

World Celebration:

(Past)
On the brink of a new Age (will this get reprinted?)
Communicore
Millennium Celebration (will this get reprinted?)
Imagination (I hope this goes in Future eventually)

(Future)
Spaceship Earth (will this get reprinted?)

Out of these I am personally going after: Imagination I may however go for Millennium or Spaceship Earth.

Similar to the questions posed in Discovery what will Disney choose? They have to choose Imagination right? If they, don’t this thread will probably blow up. Since the selection of this neighborhood is so small the only other ones I can see them making is Spaceship Earth & Communicore.

World Showcase:

(Past)
Maelstrom
Illuminations

(Present)
UK
Norway
Morocco

Mexico
Japan
Italy
Germany
France
China
Canada
Gran Fiesta Tour
Frozen Ever After

(Future)
Harmonious
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure

Out of these I am personally going after: Maybe none. I may however go for Remy.

What will Disney choose? Their is no way with it so close they don’t choose Remy. As for the other two I don’t think any of the countries will be chosen. With them out of the way it leaves Harm, Fiesta, Frozen, Illuminations, Maelstrom. It honestly could go any of the ways here.

I think I got them all listed, what does everyone else think?

EDIT: Oh, and of now I am focusing on the lithos but that may change. Trying to limit myself on these to only the ones I really want.
If this wave is indication of the future releases, I can only see them focusing on future projects and current attractions. I thought for sure they were going to do a rerelease of the living seas. Instead they did the seas with nemo and friends. I see higher demand for the living seas than both the Moana attraction and the seas with Nemo and friends especially since it sold faster in the first run. The way people feel for imagination, is how I feel/felt for the living seas.

My theory for Discovery is:

Test Track
Mission Space
Space 220
Guardians

As for the others, I have no idea but to only think of the current future attractions. From a marketing perspective it would make sense.

trainplane3

If this wave is indication of the future releases, I can only see them focusing on future projects and current attractions. I thought for sure they were going to do a rerelease of the living seas. Instead they did the seas with nemo and friends. I see higher demand for the living seas than both the Moana attraction and the seas with Nemo and friends especially since it sold faster in the first run. The way people feel for imagination, is how I feel/felt for the living seas.

Test Track
Mission Space
Space 220
Guardians

As for the others, I have no idea but to only think of the current future attractions. From a marketing perspective it would make sense.
There's a potential oopsie that happened with the March preview. It sounds like it'll be corrected soon unless they're just going to ride out the oopsie instead, which I hope isn't the case.

projectgamma

There's a potential oopsie that happened with the March preview. It sounds like it'll be corrected soon unless they're just going to ride out the oopsie instead, which I hope isn't the case.
we'll see. It could go either way with shopdisney. At least it is a preview. The preview is not showing under epcot merchandise like last time. Thanks for the advance notice @trainplane3

trainplane3

we'll see. It could go either way with shopdisney. At least it is a preview. The preview is not showing under epcot merchandise like last time. Thanks for the advance notice @trainplane3
Should be here but I think it only displays on a desktop and not mobile:

projectgamma

Should be here but I think it only displays on a desktop and not mobile:
I am on mobile and just saw the preview of both posters for the 15th.
Can concur. It shows up there. I guess they have not updated it on all sections. I just it is just a preview error that gets corrected.

runnsally

I hope the oopsie is one of the serigraphs they are currently previewing for the next release.

Last edited:

projectgamma

Update: The oopsie has been corrected. Looks like it has been corrected. The Living Seas and the The Land both available next month on 3/15. Cyclops will be busy!!!
1613506513944.png

trainplane3

trainplane3

Hah! I am the one that caught it and triggered the change but the thanks goes to others making these things happen.

Some bad news to those of you expecting a number. While it was never mentioned on the Moana page it was intentioned to be a numbered release. Sadly due to things I can't get into, the entire series will be un-numbered.

Test Track
Mission Space
Space 220
Guardians

It's a combo of future and what was popular.

Surferboy567

Hah! I am the one that caught it and triggered the change but the thanks goes to others making these things happen.

Some bad news to those of you expecting a number. While it was never mentioned on the Moana page it was intentioned to be a numbered release. Sadly due to things I can't get into, the entire series will be un-numbered.

It's a combo of future and what was popular.
Thats’s awesome. Very happy for those who wanted a Living Seas serigraph!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom