Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Surferboy567

Anyone signed up for a virtual event. Reddit made me aware of a change in the dashboard for these races. Similar to the Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon, their is now a dedicated field for this event. Two buttons one for reviewing registration details, one for submitting results. You can check your runDisney accounts to see this change.
Same thing applies here, I am a challenge and 5K runner for Princess so not sure if that effects anything.

Surferboy567

It’s worth noting you CANNOT submit results for any of these races until race day. I think they are expecting them to be done on race day. This was always the plan for me personally, but it’s worth noting.

Surferboy567

Another medal spotlight has been posted this time for the Fairytale challenge medal! It seems the medal contains glitter or something resembling it (which was obvious from the pictures) in the center.

Surferboy567

They just sent an email to I assume everyone participating in Princess. Similar email to Marathon weekend asking to verify your mailing address along with some other tips.

Surferboy567

One month until Princess. They also posted a new in person (not concept art) of the half medal. It is such a nice medal. The stained glass really pops.

Surferboy567

I thought the Belle medal was kinda ugly but that's just me
The Belle herself isn’t my favorite the stained glass part however, more then makes up for it. Fan of how it reacts to the light.

My favorite medal out of the bunch is the Rapunzel 10K. I feel like the challenge medal will be a special one though since it’s my first challenge ever despite me thinking the design is just ok. The princess medals definitely have a nice design to them.

Surferboy567

Not sure how long it’s been up but anyone running in Princess should have their toolkits in their profiles as well as the bibs that were released a little while ago.

Surferboy567

Anyone running princess, your profiles have likely been updated with a spot to submit your results. It currently says I have 26 days to submit my results for the 5K and Challenge. Challengers, their are separate spots to record the 10K and the Half.

Surferboy567

They posted a video to their YouTube channel about Princess, I wouldn’t call it a virtual start but it is more of a way to mark the beginning of the weekend. They usually post these early so I imagine that is why they posted it now.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
That makes sense, since their is no virtual expo. Not sure why they would of counted it though.
I get the feeling that they set auto tweets and such months in advance and probably scheduled this one back when it was still planned to be a live event and just never bothered to change it. That would also explain why they always send tweets promoting registering for the races weeks or months after the one they are promoting has actually sold out!

Surferboy567

I get the feeling that they set auto tweets and such months in advance and probably scheduled this one back when it was still planned to be a live event and just never bothered to change it. That would also explain why they always send tweets promoting registering for the races weeks or months after the one they are promoting has actually sold out!
They probably definitely do schedule them like this. I do think they changed it because in the actual tweet the graphics specifically say “Virtual” instead of just Princess.

Of course, they could of just changed the graphic and forgot to change the date they scheduled it for release.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom