The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Get a Mac, I guess. 🤣
Do you know how many times over the years you MAC uses have screwed with non-mac users when it comes to design?

No...

Please don't.

I'll give you one recent example. I had to buy Helvetica Neue for a client a few weeks ago, because the original design was done on a Mac...

Should have been simple. I mean, it was an...oh wait, Adobe doesn't even sell it anymore.

Well, it was included the default fonts at the time for a Mac, but now it isn't. Strange....So, the designer, at the time, used it, because it was cool and stuff (it was also used for the iPhone 4).

Please, don't. Or, if you do, know why you do it.

tcool123

Team Soul's sumbission out of context:

20180326_025911.jpg
16089-Alolan-Muk.png

d197c7be8bfb94fa7079b4c5de9f6a0d.gif
Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield-Spiritomb.jpg

What could it be? 🧐
@Tegan pilots a chicken any guesses?

tcool123

And, hi @tcool123 . I got old, you got older.

(grabs his walker)
Lmfaoooo glad to have you back around. I think @Voxel still hangs around these parts, and MonorailRed is now @TheDesignPirate .

But yup I'm older now, wiser? Possibly, but definitely still at school working on my Bachelors in Hospitality Management.

(what's the challenge again?)
The challenge is to take a failed Eisner attraction and revitalize that concept.

Ohhhh....this is the "hype thread"...so, the **** talking chat thread.

Got it.

Ok.......
Yup it's the discussion thread, but with a new name and coat of paint.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Lmfaoooo glad to have you back around. I think @Voxel still hangs around these parts, and MonorailRed is now @TheDesignPirate .

But yup I'm older now, wiser? Possibly, but definitely still at school working on my Bachelors in Hospitality Management.

The challenge is to take a failed Eisner attraction and revitalize that concept.

Yup it's the discussion thread, but with a new name and coat of paint.
You do you son! Bachelors in Hospitality! Boy do I have stories about that to share with you!

Go get it! (then remember that the customer is always right, but often wrong)

As far as the challenge, interesting.

And the discussion thread....you saw me literally bully judges in them. I did that intentionally (and would again, because it worked). I hope things have settled down since then.

tcool123

And Twilight is here too.

Ok, fill me in, what has been going on?
Okay so Sorcerer's still going strong, still without JDM and with all new leadership.

This is the Avengers: Endgame of Imagineering competitions so various competitions are crossing over for each challenge. With every few challenges new hosts and judges swap in from the crossed over competition. Many of the first rounds are nonelmination allowing for new players to grow, and at the halfway point eliminations begin based on each player's now established track record. So far each team has won a challenge, and we are on challenge four.

You do you son! Bachelors in Hospitality! Boy do I have stories about that to share with you!

Go get it! (then remember that the customer is always right, but often wrong)
With a smile on my face I'll gladly serve the next customer (even if I wanna yell at them for being wrong) because I has my manners.

And the discussion thread....you saw me literally bully judges in them. I did that intentionally (and would again, because it worked). I hope things have settled down since then.
Funny you say that, a couple challenges ago there was a kerfuffle with a player about the legitimacy of their loss over another team's win. Nothing quite as explosive as the old seasons, but hey it happened. It was also in the main thread somewhere.

We worked a lot on that, I was special because I had a better youtube to upload it to for reviews.

Old internet.

View attachment 529804
Memories :inlove:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Okay so Sorcerer's still going strong, still without JDM and with all new leadership.

This is the Avengers: Endgame of Imagineering competitions so various competitions are crossing over for each challenge. With every few challenges new hosts and judges swap in from the crossed over competition. Many of the first rounds are nonelmination allowing for new players to grow, and at the halfway point eliminations begin based on each player's now established track record. So far each team has won a challenge, and we are on challenge four.

That is so cool. I really am glad it lasted beyond all that drama. The idea was solid. I do miss competing.

With a smile on my face I'll gladly serve the next customer (even if I wanna yell at them for being wrong) because I has my manners.

The ability to connect with someone, defuse them, and then push them into the right path is an incredible skill. It's more than being polite, it's manipulative. It's a skill that will never leave you! Piece of old man advice...always be wary of those who don't respect it.

Funny you say that, a couple challenges ago there was a kerfuffle with a player about the legitimacy of their loss over another team's win. Nothing quite as explosive as the old seasons, but hey it happened. It was also in the main thread somewhere.

I................caused a lot of the explosions. Sometimes intentionally, sometimes not.

Indeed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom