Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

EricsBiscuit

I honestly have no idea what you are going on about and I am not sure you do either. You claimed there was something wrong about a masonry structure using shingles on its roof. The roof of the Magic Kingdom manor is shingled with ornamental ironwork just like you see in the ride. Are you saying the type of shingles don't match what is seen out front? Now you're talking about a ceiling, when an attic by definition is the space between a ceiling and roof. It's a haunted house where rooms stretch. The geometry not lining up is completely in line with the lore and places like the Winchester Mystery House.
You’re completely misunderstanding what I’m saying. When when you exit the attic scene, you’re going down, on you’re right is a roof, this roof does not match the roof of the mansion. Not the end of the world. Just an observation. No need to be so condescending all the time haha. Cheer up! Maybe you can’t if you live in a locked down state. In which case, come to WDW!

lazyboy97o

You’re completely misunderstanding what I’m saying. When when you exit the attic scene, you’re going down, on you’re right is a roof, this roof does not match the roof of the mansion. Not the end of the world. Just an observation. No need to be so condescending all the time haha. Cheer up! Maybe you can’t if you live in a locked down state. In which case, come to WDW!
How can I understand when you keep changing what you are describing? Your original complaint was that a shingle roof made no sense with masonry. Now is it that the shingles don't match?

Bocabear

How can I understand when you keep changing what you are describing? Your original complaint was that a shingle roof made no sense with masonry. Now is it that the shingles don't match?
Architecturally the dormer does not match the exterior style of the house...It appears to be a direct lift from the Disneyland mansion at the dormer has a peaked roof and aged clapboard siding... not brick with slate tile the way the house appears from the exterior... Unless they have changed it recently, it has always been that way...

lazyboy97o

Architecturally the dormer does not match the exterior style of the house...It appears to be a direct lift from the Disneyland mansion at the dormer has a peaked roof and aged clapboard siding... not brick with slate tile the way the house appears from the exterior... Unless they have changed it recently, it has always been that way...
It doesn't match the exterior of Disneyland either, which has no dormers.

Bocabear

It doesn't match the exterior of Disneyland either, which has no dormers.
so....do it wrong twice? For WDW's mansion it is the wrong building material to make sense...if it had been brick like the façade it would be fine... Disneyland's doesn't stand out because it at least matches the mansion's building materials... not like you needed an explanation...you know what we are talking about.

lazyboy97o

so....do it wrong twice? For WDW's mansion it is the wrong building material to make sense...if it had been brick like the façade it would be fine... Disneyland's doesn't stand out because it at least matches the mansion's building materials... not like you needed an explanation...you know what we are talking about.
It would only be wrong if there was some desire to align to the exterior. At no point does The Haunted Mansion bother or attempt to align its interior experience with its exterior appearance. The dormer is not there as an expression of the exterior architecture, it is there to avoid the sort of warehouse like flatness that is a problem in too many recent attractions like Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. It's filler. Your attention is supposed to be on the graveyard to your left, not the right, but since you're orientation does not match that focus its something there that isn't just nothing but also not of much interest.

VicariousCorpse

It would only be wrong if there was some desire to align to the exterior. At no point does The Haunted Mansion bother or attempt to align its interior experience with its exterior appearance. The dormer is not there as an expression of the exterior architecture, it is there to avoid the sort of warehouse like flatness that is a problem in too many recent attractions like Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. It's filler. Your attention is supposed to be on the graveyard to your left, not the right, but since you're orientation does not match that focus its something there that isn't just nothing but also not of much interest.
I understand your point but it does at least twice. The room above the stretching room gallery is seen from the outside along with the conservatory.

Bocabear

well I know why they would have put a dormer there, but wouldn't it have made more sense if they were doing it to have matched it to the actual story line they are telling through the architecture of the building?
And WHY don't they bother to align the architecture...they have obviously made efforts with an external conservatory...
Yes it is a trifling detail and at that moment on the ride you are not focused on the graveyard as your car has turned to face the house as it descends...not the graveyard...

DCBaker

Premium Member
hollywood-studios-runaway-railway-plexiglass-test-nov032020-4.jpg

Magic Feather

View attachment 510264
Just as I reported a week or so ago. This should be live by end of week.

Also, this will make MMRR’s queue haul serious butt. Currently, a “full” queue for MMRR (full of the huge extended queue that was set up in the hub) is only around 90 minutes actual wait.

Jones14

Any chance the preshow returns as a result? Or will the faster queue just incentivize ops to leave it off for even longer?

Magic Feather

Any chance the preshow returns as a result? Or will the faster queue just incentivize ops to leave it off for even longer?
The second one. Preshow would have barely worked with original reduced capacity. Now it’s almost a non starter, even if they decided to install a bunch of plexiglass cubicles.

Surferboy567

In honor of Mickey’s birthday today has anyone gotten a chance to watch the new Mickey Mouse shorts on Disney +? I just did, and wanted to see what everyone thinks!

Couple of observations:

- The new Minnie voice actress may take some getting used to, this (I think) is the first time I am hearing her. It could be just the short they decided to go with since it’s a rancher themed voice everyone’s voice seems weird, so I need more shorts to really gauge how Minnie’s new voice sounds.

- The second short I really liked the references to tommorowland and great big beautiful tomorrow were well done. I also really liked the Bambi scene.

gerarar

Premium Member
Does anyone have any video with audio of what Mickey says at 0:57?

I remember this being a whole thing on Twitter back when the ride opened in March!

Found it! Mickey says “Oh gosh, it looks like we’re experiencing a brief delay” while slightly concerned. I love the expressions on the AA!

However, we don’t have Minnie’s dialogue, but it may have to do something along the lines of that there’s a backup in the barn according to this:

brb1006

In honor of Mickey’s birthday today has anyone gotten a chance to watch the new Mickey Mouse shorts on Disney +? I just did, and wanted to see what everyone thinks!

Couple of observations:

- The new Minnie voice actress may take some getting used to, this (I think) is the first time I am hearing her. It could be just the short they decided to go with since it’s a rancher themed voice everyone’s voice seems weird, so I need more shorts to really gauge how Minnie’s new voice sounds.

- The second short I really liked the references to tommorowland and great big beautiful tomorrow were well done. I also really liked the Bambi scene.
Actually Kaitlyn Robrock (Minnie's current voice actor) started voicing her midway through "Mickey Mouse: Mixed Up Adventures" beginning with the 19th episode.

Surferboy567

I remember this being a whole thing on Twitter back when the ride opened in March!

Found it! Mickey says “Oh gosh, it looks like we’re experiencing a brief delay” while slightly concerned. I love the expressions on the AA!

However, we don’t have Minnie’s dialogue, but it may have to do something along the lines of that there’s a backup in the barn according to this:

This ride keeps getting better and better with all the little details!

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Actually Kaitlyn Robrock (Minnie's current voice actor) started voicing her midway through "Mickey Mouse: Mixed Up Adventures" beginning with the 19th episode.
Didn’t see those, this seems like a good time though to mention I saw last week’s shorts and we finally get a good listen to Kaitlyn’s Minnie voice and it sounds good. It will take some getting used to but she sounds great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom