News Walt Disney World leadership reshuffle sees changes at the top of three of the parks

KBLovedDisney

I go off to rewatch Mandalorian and this happens...

I’d be happy to be executive consultant.
giphy.gif

nickys

Premium Member
I’d be fired on the spot.
Surely the Exceutive Consultant can “just say no”?

And you can just argue that you thought the Beer Garden Developer was meant to build something over it.

There, problem solved. Any other questions for the interview panel before we confirm your role? 😉

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
@marni1971 taking over as VP of Epcot would mean only one thing...

Coffee kiosks everywhere 😂

But, if I must be serious for a moment - Isn’t this akin to shuffling the chairs on the deck of the Titanic? Hmm... maybe not the best ship to use in this analogy. Or is it? 🤔

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I'd shut down all the rides. Every one of them. Turn them into a bar. Except The Land. I'd make that a distillery. Close all the restaurants too. Need more bar space. I'd have carts selling overpriced hot dogs and some Mickey pretzels. Then I'd jack up the drink prices. Market it as an "Adventure Park".

I would also position two large signs at each exit (FW and IG) that lit up in bright neon lights that the guests would read as they stumbled out of the park that said "Free Beer Tomorrow".

So yeah, pretty much a Food and Wine Saturday Night - year round. We're close. Hopefully somebody can fix it.

Mr Mindcrime

Seriously....what do the job responsibilities and authority look like for a VP-Pick Your Park? The VP wouldn't have authority to to add a new $300M attraction. In fact I'd assume the final sign off on a new big attraction comes only from the Bob's. So other than park cleanliness, lower level maintenance, and cast member morale and issues, what does a Park VP actually do and other than that, how can they affect the success or failure of the park?

TrojanUSC

Seriously....what do the job responsibilities and authority look like for a VP-Pick Your Park? The VP wouldn't have authority to to add a new $300M attraction. In fact I'd assume the final sign off on a new big attraction comes only from the Bob's. So other than park cleanliness, lower level maintenance, and cast member morale and issues, what does a Park VP actually do and other than that, how can they affect the success or failure of the park?

Lots of operational and budget responsibilities. It's a lot more than a figurehead and while they may not be picking out which rides get built, there's a decent amount of latitude in how they can manage a park. Phil Holmes, for example, was famous for gutting streetmosphere and replacing it with Hoola Hoops and bubble machines.

Mr Mindcrime

Lots of operational and budget responsibilities. It's a lot more than a figurehead and while they may not be picking out which rides get built, there's a decent amount of latitude in how they can manage a park. Phil Holmes, for example, was famous for gutting streetmosphere and replacing it with Hoola Hoops and bubble machines.
Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom