News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

Does anyone know what happens if you try to get a group for not yourself, but another friend? Will the app know that you don't have a reservation and select just your friend?

TriSeb

I have been successful with my family because I was able to select all guests last summer. However, I practiced this morning for my niece (Using her Account) for her HS day tomorrow and was presented with a list of her whole family that isn't on this trip. I had to find her travel companion on the list which delayed my ability to get to the 'success' screen.

If I skip adding her travel companion to her party and let the default selection of just her so that I can quickly hit the Join button, are the GET still providing the courtesy to add another guest (just 1 additional in this case) to your party? Thanks for the response.

gorillaball

I have been successful with my family because I was able to select all guests last summer. However, I practiced this morning for my niece (Using her Account) for her HS day tomorrow and was presented with a list of her whole family that isn't on this trip. I had to find her travel companion on the list which delayed my ability to get to the 'success' screen.

If I skip adding her travel companion to her party and let the default selection of just her so that I can quickly hit the Join button, are the GET still providing the courtesy to add another guest (just 1 additional in this case) to your party? Thanks for the response.
I believe they are, but be safe and remove the others from her friends list, can always add them back later.

disneygeek90

It's working different than last summer. The app will automatically grab anyone that has a reservation (or is already in the park for 1pm) and select them for you. There is no problem with having other friends on your friend list that aren't going. Once you do it for real you'll see that it will only select those with a reservation. I just tap join boarding group as soon as possible without even verifying everyone is in and have had no issues.

TriSeb

It's working different than last summer...
Great. I remember reading that here but since MDE didn't do that this morning I wasn't sure. This would be a lot better than convincing her it's ok for to delete them all if she has magic bands tied to her husband, son, etc.,

Thank you very much for the confirmation.

disneygeek90

Has anyone had any luck asking for a LATER group, perhaps with the GET? I have a group going next month for my mom's birthday and one person (who is a first timer) won't be able to arrive until about 12:30. I'm wondering if I should just try and wait it out a few seconds at 7 and if it's called early try to talk to a team member, or if I go for the 1pm. The 1pm is obviously just scary because that's just the one chance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom