News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've also heard it can't handle the demand. I haven't been there. I don't know if this is true. I think I heard it on the Disney Dish.

Of course, that might be because of COVID and not being able to put multiple families in at the same time but I suspect that, at this point, it'll be a great number of years before they start mixing parties again on the skyliner.
Disney Dish is not reliable.

Just about all COVID protocols should be gone by the end of the Summer, latest, if the next two vaccines get approved.

drizgirl

I've also heard it can't handle the demand. I haven't been there. I don't know if this is true. I think I heard it on the Disney Dish.

Of course, that might be because of COVID and not being able to put multiple families in at the same time but I suspect that, at this point, it'll be a great number of years before they start mixing parties again on the skyliner.
Not shocking. Cars were initially estimated to be capable of having 8-10 people each. Now they are going with a fraction of that.

pdude81

Even at one family per car it clears out the line much faster than buses would. And with reduced bus capacity to go along with reduced gondola capacity, that shouldn't be any different. It's just that now people have to space out on the lines instead of being on top of each other. Those lines must get crazy at night

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It probably wouldn't be if they hadn't hiked the prices on those skyliner resorts.

Um...so you have a maintenance straddling the cables with duct tape and chewing gum ready Incase they see a tear???

Machines require maintenance.
So let it be written...so let it be done.

As far as the prices go...it was always going to be ripoff there. You missed me warning that from day one. Back when I had a cut fastball.

I know Caribbean and pop like the back of my hand...every inch. They are what they are.

The lifts make them more accessible...but they weren’t worth the prices they started charging about 8 years ago and never will be. Don’t even get me started on the time share.

They’re not worth it because the customers allowed them to be so. That’s about it.

gerarar

Premium Member
My family and I love the Skyliner!

One ride that pops up in my mind is our night ride from EPCOT after Epcot Forever to HS the day after Christmas. We waited probably about 10-15 mins in line, but it was always moving.
Once in the cabin, it was nice seeing WDW from the air with all the different lighting everywhere at the resorts you pass. Didn't look as busy during the day, but nice and peaceful.

Always looking forward to our next trip and riding this transportation again between parks.

Disone

Except for when parks were emptying at night, almost all my trips in a gondola were by myself or with a friend and with no other passengers.

And with parks at a capped capacity, I can't see how the system can't keep up with one household per vehicle.
I just spend the night in a Tower Studio at the Rivera. OMG, those rooms are TINY, but also perfect for one. I digress.....

The Skyliner is handling demand just fine. If Disney Dish said it can't handle demand, then they are not stating a very objective opinion.

No major lines yesterday but ART/POP line was off for the day. This morning the line to the studios at the main hub.... going in reverse flow of the line, starting from the station it queued in the station then:
Went down the ramp to nowhere on the ART/POP side, then....​
Back up the ramp and down on the ramp on the Caribbean's side to the Coffee stand, then....​
Hooked a turn towards what was suppose to be the internal bus loop station for the Caribbean, then....​
Finally the line started just past this point with CM holding a "25 minutes from here" sign.​

The line clocked in at just over 15 minutes but really, even if it had been 25 minutes.... so what? Busses run every 15 to 20 minutes as well. What part of this was "Not keeping up with demand?" Answer: No part. It was just their unrealistic expectation that if it ever had a line, then clearly it failed.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

My family and I love the Skyliner!

One ride that pops up in my mind is our night ride from EPCOT after Epcot Forever to HS the day after Christmas. We waited probably about 10-15 mins in line, but it was always moving.
Once in the cabin, it was nice seeing WDW from the air with all the different lighting everywhere at the resorts you pass. Didn't look as busy during the day, but nice and peaceful.

Always looking forward to our next trip and riding this transportation again between parks.
I am holding on to the hope the Skyliner is extended out to MK. I thought the whole idea of transportation such as the Skyliner was to reduce road congestion and carbon foot print.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom