News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

ToTBellHop

I heard WDW bathroom soap is edible
I recommend it as a topping for any Plaza Ice Cream Parlor sundae.

1611507310743.jpeg

cjkeating

Wait until you see the year long refurbishment of Buzz Lightyear in DLP.

I'm not a Buzz fan but the preview video they showed did look good. I'm more interested in the Orbitron refurbishment that is next after Buzz as it is pretty bashed up and should look shiny and new (a la Dumbo) when complete... also the new Town Square gazebo should be great.

And my fingers are crossed the castle paint scheme is tasteful, I do trust DLP when it comes to refurbishments but I just fear someone in Burbank has asked them to paint it WDW salmon. 😂

yensidtlaw1969

I want to say there were plans, possibly so far as a change of theme. But I can’t find material to verify that at the moment.
The way excitement went up and then immediately down after reading "change of theme" . .

I can't imagine these days Disney would be looking to retheme Buzz out of an effort to strengthen the thematic vibe of Tomorrowland. It would have to be more about simply paying lip service to another, merely-different, Tomorrowland-adjacent property. Right?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I want to say there were plans, possibly so far as a change of theme. But I can’t find material to verify that at the moment.
My hope is that the reskin it to Stitch or somehow find a way to convert it to the new Buzz movie to further distance it from the Toy Story IP, keeping that theme and character in TSL.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Any updates coming to Florida?

At a minimum I wish they would refresh the cars and add the removable guns

Those cars look ROUGH. Some of the worst show I’ve probably seen at Disney to be honest.

The way excitement went up and then immediately down after reading "change of theme" . .

I can't imagine these days Disney would be looking to retheme Buzz out of an effort to strengthen the thematic vibe of Tomorrowland. It would have to be more about simply paying lip service to another, merely-different, Tomorrowland-adjacent property. Right?

They’ve look terrible for years… I almost wish they would go back to the plain blue they were for the attractions in that spot before “Buzz.”

My hope is that the reskin it to Stitch or somehow find a way to convert it to the new Buzz movie to further distance it from the Toy Story IP, keeping that theme and character in TSL.

My bad. I found my materials. The reskin was proposed for Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom