Pandora at night

Tamandua

Original Poster
I'm going to Animal Kingdom in about 2 weeks, and I haven't been there since 2010. I've heard that the pandora area is amazing at night, but do you get to see it at night with the park closing at 5?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Sunset here is around 6 though AK does get dark quick because of all the vegetation. If you really want to catch a glimpse of it, the parks are open till 6 on the weekends.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
We're going Saturday February 6 and it closes at 5 😕.
I am sorry the weekend before it is 6. We are going on this week and we considered trying it on the weekend to get the possible darker effect, but we just couldn't justify the crowds vs empty for maybe 15 minutes of sort of dark. Not that it is really that busy on the weekends but the weekdays are empty. Some good advice from what we have seen on weekend days is get there early! You can do a lot in the first 2 hours before the crowds swell.

JIMINYCR

I hope you get to go back another time when there are evening hours. The way the area is lit up and the colors that are displayed really makes the land more spectacular. When they first opened and I saw photos and videos I wasnt impressed, but when I was able to see it in person I was amazed at the difference. As other parks do, the night time atmosphere brings on a different feel to your surroundings and changes everything.

DCLcruiser

It's amazing at night. Def worth going back after the pandemic.

IMG_0517.jpeg

IMG_0493.jpeg

LittleMerman

To me, AK is not worth going to right now. It closes early and without the three big shows (Nemo, Lion King, Rivers of Light) there's really not that much to do. Personally I only enjoy 8 of the available attractions (including two animal walk-throughs).

Pepper's Ghost

This is really disappointing to hear. Luckily I have no immediate plans to return, but I'm a fan of Avatar, and have seen some amazing pics of the Pandora land. I've been hopeful to return some time around September-ish this year. I'll be scrapping those plans if I'm still un-immunized by then, but if I am and AK is still closing at 5p or 6p, that would suck.

I don't understand the early closing time. I may have missed/ignored some long discussion in another thread, but what does that gain exactly? I understand no shows or whatever, but why close rides and the park early? Is the virus more contagious in the evening or something? I'm assuming it's just a cost-cutting measure.

Trackmaster

Its just an unfortunate reality that DAK is the "animal park" so its always going to be the park that they lean more towards opening earlier and closing earlier so people can see the animals playing, eating, and romping around. It used to pretty much be a 9-5 park strictly, but with Pandora, they expanded the hours. Check the calendar, they have extended the hours for DAK on some weekends, so you'll definitely want to plan your visits to DAK around night time availability. Don't forget, Expedition Everest is so much better at night than during the day too.

JIMINYCR

This is really disappointing to hear. Luckily I have no immediate plans to return, but I'm a fan of Avatar, and have seen some amazing pics of the Pandora land. I've been hopeful to return some time around September-ish this year. I'll be scrapping those plans if I'm still un-immunized by then, but if I am and AK is still closing at 5p or 6p, that would suck.

I don't understand the early closing time. I may have missed/ignored some long discussion in another thread, but what does that gain exactly? I understand no shows or whatever, but why close rides and the park early? Is the virus more contagious in the evening or something? I'm assuming it's just a cost-cutting measure.
Yes a cost savings measure. With limited numbers of guests allowed to reserve park days, Disney closing early saves on CM being paid for working hours, operating costs running attractions etc.

Trackmaster

Yes a cost savings measure. With limited numbers of guests allowed to reserve park days, Disney closing early saves on CM being paid for working hours, operating costs running attractions etc.

More like austerity measures. I also wouldn't be surprised if these austerity measures were debt covenants too at this point.

rat face

I have heard that a restaurant or two take reservations up to or just after closing. Maybe have dinner in the park and see if you can check out the lighting after you eat. That's what I'll try in mid May when I go if the park is not open after dark at that point.

rreading

I have heard that a restaurant or two take reservations up to or just after closing. Maybe have dinner in the park and see if you can check out the lighting after you eat. That's what I'll try in mid May when I go if the park is not open after dark at that point.
Tusker house would be the only one that could egress through Pandora and then it would depend on whether they closed the path that way at closing.

Tiffins is great but Pandora is not on the way out from there.

If you get food at the counter service in pandora perhaps they would let you stay a while.

Anyone know?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom