NBC Sports Network to cease operations

Slpy3270

Original Poster

Well, can't say I'm surprised by this. Between FS1 launching the following year and both ESPN and Fox Sports getting all the best sports rights (NBCSN has only Nascar and NHL), not to mention NBC streaming sports either for free or through Peacock, the writing was on the wall.

Oh, and NBC's NHL contract expires this year, so my guess is they're done with them.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No

Well, can't say I'm surprised by this. Between FS1 launching the following year and both ESPN and Fox Sports getting all the best sports rights (NBCSN has only Nascar and NHL), not to mention NBC streaming sports either for free or through Peacock, the writing was on the wall.

Oh, and NBC's NHL contract expires this year, so my guess is they're done with them.

Well.... that is what happens because 'Doc' Emrick retired. Greatest play by play I have ever heard. Didn't pay him much attention until I was watching a hockey game one Saturday many years ago and about half way through realized HE was the only one talking. I then started listening to him..... he NEVER repeated a Verb, adverb, adj., etc. while describing the action on the ice. He really was Doctor of the English language and lived up to the nickname. Just Amazing.

Buck Wheelie

The last few years I've enjoyed watching Tour De France on NBCSN. I hope that will still be available to watch somewhere. Only other thing I watch on there is Nascar or Indycar racing.

LSLS

God i hope they end up back at espn and bring back Gary Thorne. Dude is the voice of hockey. Plus, we get the most epic theme song in the history of sports back.

LSLS

Well.... that is what happens because 'Doc' Emrick retired. Greatest play by play I have ever heard. Didn't pay him much attention until I was watching a hockey game one Saturday many years ago and about half way through realized HE was the only one talking. I then started listening to him..... he NEVER repeated a Verb, adverb, adj., etc. while describing the action on the ice. He really was Doctor of the English language and lived up to the nickname. Just Amazing.
Doc was good, but you could tell his time was up these playoffs. Seemed to really be struggling. I do think he's hurt by the complete trash of analysts they stuck him with. And he's still no Gary thorne.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom