Rumor Muppets to Take Over The Hall of Presidents

JohnD

Well, it looks like the cat is about to be unleashed. The Muppets will be taking over The Hall of Presidents. From what I understand, the Muppets will have mostly a narrative role in the show, with the basic principle of the show remaining in tact. The Muppets just posted a cryptic message on Twitter, and I have a strong hunch that is what this is about. I’ve also been told by multiple sources that something is happening here, so I fully expect it. We should get an official announcement from the company in the next day or two.

Because of the nature of this news, I will ask that this thread remain in news and rumors at least for 24 hours. I will also ask that no one make this political. This is about the new show with The Muppets, nothing more.

If nothing comes of it in the next 2 days, please feel free to move it to the political section.

Muppets to Take Over The Hall of Presidents "The Muppet Show" coming to Disney+.

Fixed it for you.

doctornick

I haven't been to WDW since 2015, but on all 3 visits I've made to the HOP it's been busier than I've seen of any of the non-live (both animatronic and 3D) theater shows at Disneyland.

Enchanted Tiki Room at DL is the only show in that category that consistently has an audience of more than 5-10 people, but even then every time I've gone to the HOP, the amount of people in there wouldn't fit in the preshow and main show areas of Tiki Room.

I think that has a lot to do with the guest makeup at DLR (i.e. a lot of frequent AP types).

One of the things that I have found interesting about the "Disneyland has so many more RIDZ than Magic Kingdom" arguments is how MK has quite a bit more shows - in addition to HoP, there's Tiki Birds, CBJ, CoP, Laugh floor, and Philharmagic. Similar shows when they appear at DL fall out of favor quickly which seems to be to reflect how they may be less appealing to frequent guests and compared to the more infrequent or first time guests that make up a lot of WDW's clientele.

doctornick

Agreed. That’s the Jim Henson company.

Right, I know Jim Henson Company makes Earth to Ned. That's my point - whomever working for the company who is making Earth to Ned are folks I would trust to make a quality Muppets product.

There was a comment that nobody post-Jim Henson has been able to make The Muppets work (I'm not sure I fully agree, but there's certainly been some bombs) but I think Earth to Ned shows that the company has the talent there to make the Muppets work.

Animaniac93-98

Checked the official calendar again; says nothing about HoP on Wednesday or Thursday, but now lists the Liberty Square Market as closed for refurbishment (that's the former extended queue for HoP that just got its seating area redone recently).

EDIT: says that for today too. Probably unrelated

lazyboy97o

Right, I know Jim Henson Company makes Earth to Ned. That's my point - whomever working for the company who is making Earth to Ned are folks I would trust to make a quality Muppets product.

There was a comment that nobody post-Jim Henson has been able to make The Muppets work (I'm not sure I fully agree, but there's certainly been some bombs) but I think Earth to Ned shows that the company has the talent there to make the Muppets work.
But Disney would have to be willing to outsource the Muppets back to the Jim Henson Company.

Unbanshee

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom