News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

durangojim

I'm probably as big a SW fan as they come, and I'm in the demographic who could and would spend stupid amounts of money for a unique experience. When this was first announced I was really looking forward to it, but the more photos I see, the more and more disappointed, for lack of a better term, I'm feeling. All the promo's have primarily been showing young kid type of activities which has caused me to feel like this almost seems like a glorified kids' club that we'd find on one of the Disney Cruises. The main difference between this and a Disney Cruise, even a 3 night one that stops at Castaway Cay (I guess the equivalent is Batuu), is that there are pools, a much large space, balconies, and sunshine. My kids are teens and the likelihood that they'd want to stay in two smallish appearing bunks and have a bunch of pretty young looking kids running around where they can't even go to a pool is pretty slim. I'm hoping Disney puts out more info soon showing the scope of what they're trying to accomplish and that it is completely amazing, but for now it looks like we won't be making the trip. And that's ok, the $10K I'll save will let us stay in a 2 bedroom DVC for 11 or 12 days.

BaconPancakes

I haven’t kept up with this thread at all but I have this sinking suspicion that this will be a shell of what they originally planned on doing. You’ll probably see all of the big name vloggers filming it all the first couple of weeks hyping it up, and then after a few months it’ll be a flop. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong...

UNCgolf

That is an interesting point that I hadn't actually considered. The whole scenario of them just converting it into a regular hotel if the concept doesn't work out is far easier said than done, maybe not even worth it.

I feel exactly the same! I have my doubts the concept will work, but it is small so maybe the niche it's aiming to hit is big enough. In short, who knows!

I think because it's so small they're more likely to just demolish it (if it's a failure, that is) and use that space for something else than they are to bother with attempting to convert it to a regular hotel.

BaconPancakes

Weren’t they hyping this as an adult Star Wars geek’s wet dream where they’d be living the movies and cosplaying every aspect? Not surprised in the least to hear Disney is now dumbing it down to target it to mainly small children who will be playing “dress up” with kiddie style activities. I miss when Disney was meant to be enjoyed by all ages and not just targeted to small children.

rat face

I don't even like Star Wars (any of the 57 films, cartoons The Mandalorian etc...). But i'm really looking forward to this. Is it going to cost a lot?, yep. but If you can swing it and like immersive entertainment then this should be fun. I don't think I will do it more than once but that holds true for lots of things in life.

Patcheslee

I'm probably as big a SW fan as they come, and I'm in the demographic who could and would spend stupid amounts of money for a unique experience. When this was first announced I was really looking forward to it, but the more photos I see, the more and more disappointed, for lack of a better term, I'm feeling. All the promo's have primarily been showing young kid type of activities which has caused me to feel like this almost seems like a glorified kids' club that we'd find on one of the Disney Cruises. The main difference between this and a Disney Cruise, even a 3 night one that stops at Castaway Cay (I guess the equivalent is Batuu), is that there are pools, a much large space, balconies, and sunshine. My kids are teens and the likelihood that they'd want to stay in two smallish appearing bunks and have a bunch of pretty young looking kids running around where they can't even go to a pool is pretty slim. I'm hoping Disney puts out more info soon showing the scope of what they're trying to accomplish and that it is completely amazing, but for now it looks like we won't be making the trip. And that's ok, the $10K I'll save will let us stay in a 2 bedroom DVC for 11 or 12 days.
I've got a tween that's excited by what's been shown but if they limit the engineering room like they do on a Disney cruise it will be a negative, and part of the reason we haven't done a Disney cruise yet. She wants the kids stuff still cause it looks like fun. It will definitely come down to what they will truly offer by the time we can go, and if some of it ends up being an upcharge.
Slightly surprised they don't have an atrium type pool, the design isn't exactly new.

Incomudro

I agree with you on this.
I've got twin sons who will turn 19 on January 27th.
A few years ago, this experience would have been a huge hit for them and the family.
Now?
Maybe one of them would be into it.
So, yes - I agree that it ages out pretty quickly the way it is designed.

Incomudro

Weren’t they hyping this as an adult Star Wars geek’s wet dream where they’d be living the movies and cosplaying every aspect? Not surprised in the least to hear Disney is now dumbing it down to target it to mainly small children who will be playing “dress up” with kiddie style activities. I miss when Disney was meant to be enjoyed by all ages and not just targeted to small children.
Not that I remember, no.
I don't remember Disney presenting it as adult focused at all.
I do remember quite a few adults hoping that this thing was going to be more adult oriented and catered towards them.
But it's Disney, and Star Wars.
How can the little kids be excluded?

BaconPancakes

Not that I remember, no.
I don't remember Disney presenting it as adult focused at all.
I do remember quite a few adults hoping that this thing was going to be more adult oriented and catered towards them.
But it's Disney, and Star Wars.
How can the little kids be excluded?
I never said little kids would be excluded, it seemed in the original press release that this would be focused on all ages, including hardcore adult SW geeks. Either way it’s not for me at all. I enjoy the movies and the mandolorian casually, but I have no desire to pay thousands of dollars to stay in a glorified hotel playing dress up for 3 days.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm probably as big a SW fan as they come,...

Hold my beer, I spent the last five years building this.... :)

Finished1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom