Rumor Muppets to Take Over The Hall of Presidents

britain

While I love the Muppets, and I enjoy the show outside, I have concerns.

IP invasion

Sophistication (not sure this is quite the right word). HOP and American Adventure, are "grown up" shows. IMO, we do kids a disservice when we assume that they are incapable of appreciating a more serious, solemn grown-up type entertainment. The more you remove these experiences, it invites the question to the remaining of "why are these things even here?" Which eventually leads to removal and a loss of the depth and richness of the Disney experience. Muppets, I love them, but they bring an inherent silliness and lack of seriousness. To complement a multi-faceted experience is one thing, but as the entire presentation...

In my opinion, the superior American Adventure renders the Hall of Presidents unnecessary.

A little bit like how Spaceship Earth and horizons and world of motion are/were all great, but they were all sort of doing the same thing.

Marden

Presidential Encounter

The administration that never was is here! Guests enter the Convention Center for a demonstration of new Presidential cloning technology from an alien corporation called XS-Tech. Company reps have come from their planet to market this new "product" and are anxious to demonstrate it.

But an attempt to clone Teddy Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln and Rutherford B. Hayes individually fails, and the catastrophic presidential amalgamation that results is a close encounter guests are not soon to forget!

Shouldigo12

I'm for any change to the current show. It looks like this may be an unpopular opinion, but it was the most boring thing I did at WDW. I'd like to see some kind of revamp.

Skywise

Presidential Encounter

The administration that never was is here! Guests enter the Convention Center for a demonstration of new Presidential cloning technology from an alien corporation called XS-Tech. Company reps have come from their planet to market this new "product" and are anxious to demonstrate it.

But an attempt to clone Teddy Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln and Rutherford B. Hayes individually fails, and the catastrophic presidential amalgamation that results is a close encounter guests are not soon to forget!
Complete with Stitch breaking in and burping in your face.

WEDfan9798

As a Muppets fan, I will always be excited when there is discussion of expanding their parks presence.

As a WDW fan, it's always very difficult to lose an original, opening day attraction (even if it has been modified like this one has).

As an American, I am sad that society has practically necessitated this kind of change.
I agree. It's sad.

flutas

There were never any droids for people to abuse.

There actually were droids, they just never got past testing them in-park.

Granted, they are more like remote control droids rather than the autonomous ones that Disney announced...

WEDfan9798

While I love the Muppets, and I enjoy the show outside, I have concerns.

IP invasion

Sophistication (not sure this is quite the right word). HOP and American Adventure, are "grown up" shows. IMO, we do kids a disservice when we assume that they are incapable of appreciating a more serious, solemn grown-up type entertainment. The more you remove these experiences, it invites the question to the remaining of "why are these things even here?" Which eventually leads to removal and a loss of the depth and richness of the Disney experience. Muppets, I love them, but they bring an inherent silliness and lack of seriousness. To complement a multi-faceted experience is one thing, but as the entire presentation...
Agreed. Then it becomes one dimensional and un-Disney.

seabreezept813

We enjoy HoP, but only do it every few trips. The roll call is the best part. This is one of the recent rumors where instead of feeling fury I’m just like meh.. maybe it will work. I’d rather see them do something different than toss an attraction with classic AAs. I don’t think adding the muppets would make us visit it more though, simply because MK already has so much we want to jam in.. in a different park we’d make more time for it.

yensidtlaw1969

Submitted without comment:

Hall_of_Presidents_on_Election_Day_(30561289940) Spirit Halloween.jpg

ncc1701a

I would like the Muppets to be part of the pre-show. I like the roll call in part to judge do the figures match the President they represent. As for the speeches I was never a fan of the current President speaking, even if I voted for him. Stick with Lincoln and maybe the 2 Roosevelts ( since that would cover both Parties)& a good short film.

No Name

The Muppets aren’t all that popular, yet some folks at Disney refuse to accept it and keep trying to make them a thing. Also, the HoP is a boring attraction. It’s definitionally boring. I like it, but I would never lie and say it’s a good attraction with a promising future.

So I’m not opposed to a change to the attraction, but the past decade suggests the real focus may not be on improving the the HoP but on keeping the the Muppets franchise from completely becoming irrelevant, which is concerning.

Animaniac93-98

The Muppets aren’t all that popular, yet some folks at Disney refuse to accept it and keep trying to make them a thing.

Sunk Cost Fallacy. They spent so many years trying to get the rights, and then so much money on reboots that they never want to give up.

Which is why I think Disney was likely irked when Netflix's Dark Crystal show was being praised as the best thing from the Jim Henson brand in years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom