Kevin Rafferty out in April 2021

rreading

Turnover is always to be expected, while unfortunate. My concern would be that the turnover at this point in our climate could make it difficult for the new imagineers to learn from the older ones if there's too much current attrition. Hope that those retiring continue to pop in and check on the young ones

bcoachable

Turnover is always to be expected, while unfortunate. My concern would be that the turnover at this point in our climate could make it difficult for the new imagineers to learn from the older ones if there's too much current attrition. Hope that those retiring continue to pop in and check on the young ones
My take on this is Imagineering as it was is toast. The model going forward is a few project managers in house who outsource projects to design firms (Or whatever job specific company can get x done).
A front will continue to sell Imagineering to the public for perception, but it ain’t gonna be the same “Hey fans! Here is super star imagineer Joe Rhode” ever again.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

My take on this is Imagineering as it was is toast. The model going forward is a few project managers in house who outsource projects to design firms (Or whatever job specific company can get x done).
A front will continue to sell Imagineering to the public for perception, but it ain’t gonna be the same “Hey fans! Here is super star imagineer Joe Rhode” ever again.

Those are great theories...

But the reality is they know that there will be no cap ex money for 5+ years and they’ll just sit around spinning wheels...and many underlings will be let go.

Jack Welch time

Last edited:

Smooth

Not to worry. Disney has a great new group of Imagineers coming on board.
1610570037967.png

Parker in NYC

Those are great theories...

But the reality is they know that there will be no cap ex money for 5+ years and they’ll just sit around spinning wheels...and many underlines will be let go.

Jack Welch time
But DME is toast and resort rates will go up even further, we're saved!

Yeah, probably not. I KNOW, I know. Just trying to be optimistic for once in the last ye-... my life.

TrainsOfDisney

42 years in Disney and if all at WDI is a miracle with all the regular WDI layoffs.
He started at Disneyland, when he moved to WDI he took a pay cut from hourly at Disneyland in food service.

He was a part of the big layoff after Epcot opened but was hired back. Thankfully.

Pick up his book “Magic Journey” if you haven’t already - great read.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom