News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

tparris

Soft opening of the ride? No
Soft opening of the area*? Maybe
*Up to the restrooms and *maybe* Creperie window
Any knowledge of a current timeframe for the ride opening/soft opening? Apologies if this has already been said recently, I haven’t been following this thread much.

Pardonmyfrench

Ooooh pretty shiny new toys! Can't wait. Epcot's front of the park is pretty bad right now (construction, walls, and occasionally a swamp gas smell) so bringing anything new and shiny to the Worlds is awesome.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Say what you will about the ride itself, this will fit nicely into Epcot. I’m excited to eventually experience this for myself.

The ride itself, still looks fun it’s not groundbreaking but it will make a nice addition. Epcot could really use any new attraction.

Still in the wrong park, even if Rat “fits” the France pavilion.

As I have said from the beginning, this will draw a lot of people, since families can do it, and has some re-rideability.

yensidtlaw1969

Another question, was the blank wall an issue before? Hasn’t that building has always been there?
It wasn't attractive before, but it was hidden in the most tucked-away, rarely-visited corner of the Pavilion and obscured by trees from the International Gateway.

Now it's the entryway to what will undoubtedly be the most sought-after attraction in World Showcase, if not the whole park.

View from the Gateway prior to the Skyliner and Ratatouille expansion:
1610561081827.png

EDITED to Add: Apparently there used to be a Tree tucked in that corner, too, blocking the bare wall from even the France-side pathways. That tree is now gone and more needed than ever:

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 1.15.26 PM.png

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Objectively its the perfect park for an attraction that takes place in France. People here are constantly clamoring for the WS pavillions to have ride attractions. Well we've got one now, so Mexico and Norway finally have some company.

*CoughJapanCough*

Rat would have been a perfect addition to a Pixar Place land at DHS. Heck, import Crush’s Coaster as well and have a decently fleshed out land at DHS that would have eaten a lot of people in a park desperate for the capacity.

FigmentFan82

*CoughJapanCough*

Rat would have been a perfect addition to a Pixar Place land at DHS. Heck, import Crush’s Coaster as well and have a decently fleshed out land at DHS that would have eaten a lot of people in a park desperate for the capacity.
The oft wished for Fuji coaster would be wonderful in Japan.

Pixar Place isn't a land, it's a glorified cookie shop, and there isn't any space for Rat in there. And DHS's Pixar IP is focused on Toy Story (again with the mild Incredibles themeing at Pixar Place more like an afterthought to seel num num cookies. Also is the Lightning McQueen expereince still a thing?)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It wasn't attractive before, but it was hidden in the most tucked-away, rarely-visited corner of the Pavilion and obscured by trees from the International Gateway.

Now it's the entryway to what will undoubtedly be the most sought-after attraction in World Showcase, if not the whole park.

View attachment 523925

EDITED to Add: Apparently there used to be a Tree tucked in that corner, too, blocking the bare wall from even the France-side pathways. That tree is now gone and more needed than ever:

View attachment 523926
Here’s a photo I took a few years ago for no reason:

2F3E1F2A-25E4-44F1-9E26-D678B1D74BD2.png

castlecake2.0

View attachment 523925

View attachment 523926
Dont get me started on awkward floating chimney lol

when the Main Street bypass was created and required tree removal they eventually added some theming to a bare wall on the side of the Plaza Restaurant, maybe this will happen here too once they see how bad it looks. I’ll be happy to remind them at guest relations anytime I visit the park.

yensidtlaw1969

Objectively its the perfect park for an attraction that takes place in France. People here are constantly clamoring for the WS pavillions to have ride attractions. Well we've got one now, so Mexico and Norway finally have some company.
It's fair enough to say that it's tonally an odd fit. Even if the France Pavilion is a bit more on the Romantic side than the Authentic side, there's never really been an element of caricature to it, which Ratatouille certainly introduces. Aesthetically, Remy's Paris and EPCOT's Paris are really not the same Paris.

Not to mention that the Cartoon Properties existing in the Mexico and Norway rides are basically just as tonally inconsistent with their respective Pavilions. That's fair to say regardless of how you feel about "toons" being introduced to EPCOT at large.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom