The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

MickeyMousketeer

The Legend of Jafar
ci3omn56ojq01.png

Located in Shanghai Disneyland's Adventure Isle, The Legend of Jafar is a trackless dark ride that retells the story of Aladdin through Jafar's eyes. Entering through the Cave of Wonders facade, guests will enjoy an experience with dazzling animatronics and projection, taking guests right through Prince Ali's parade with floats dancing around, being thrown about in the Cave of Wonders, and a finale that will have guests spinning (literally) as around them, a Jafar animatronic will turn into the 50-foot tall genie Jafar animatronic that'll hiss and shoot fire (not literally of course) at the guest's ride vehicles.​

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
The Sorcerer's Warmups

In the continuation of daily warmups from a now rotating amount of hosts I'm back with the I lost count amount of warmups. Even if you're not participating in the Sorcerer's Apprentice feel free to pitch your own ideas for the prompts. Now without further ado get ready for the next warmup prompt :D

Shanghai Yu Disneyland

View attachment 523682

While most attractions celebrate all that is good and pure, this next prompt is sure to be a departure. The villains are fed up with being cast aside, and have taken a stance at Shanghai Disneyland. They demand a new attraction based on either one of them or a bunch of them. They don't care who they just villain representation. So feel free to dive into the wide catalogue of villains spanning from Disney's first Pete to the most recent of the Soulless blobs in Pixar's Soul.

Add in a new Villain/Villains themed attraction to Shanghai Disneyland.

Imagineers during this practice prompt you may use one to two sentences, and one image. Good luck and remember KISS: Keep it simple, silly :D
2E21D83D-51C9-4C23-AFA8-7190E1263181.jpeg

Thanos Infinity Coaster

An indoor launch coaster sending guests through corkscrews, barrel rolls, helixes, and overbanked turns as they try and elude the wrath of the Mad Titan!

ThemeParkPriest

The Sorcerer's Warmups

In the continuation of daily warmups from a now rotating amount of hosts I'm back with the I lost count amount of warmups. Even if you're not participating in the Sorcerer's Apprentice feel free to pitch your own ideas for the prompts. Now without further ado get ready for the next warmup prompt :D

Shanghai Yu Disneyland

View attachment 523682

While most attractions celebrate all that is good and pure, this next prompt is sure to be a departure. The villains are fed up with being cast aside, and have taken a stance at Shanghai Disneyland. They demand a new attraction based on either one of them or a bunch of them. They don't care who they just villain representation. So feel free to dive into the wide catalogue of villains spanning from Disney's first Pete to the most recent of the Soulless blobs in Pixar's Soul.

Add in a new Villain/Villains themed attraction to Shanghai Disneyland.

Imagineers during this practice prompt you may use one to two sentences, and one image. Good luck and remember KISS: Keep it simple, silly :D
Maleficient’s Fantasmic Battle
1610507224471.jpeg

Located in Adventure Isle, Maleficent who was one of the first villains to be the feature of a movie, now gets her own ride. This dark ride coaster is not your “Seven Dwarfs Mine Train” but includes Fantasmic-inspired special effects when she changes into a dragon.

ThemeParkPriest

Question of the Day
Well magical express is done in a year. I know they have a train going to Springs, but what would you have as alternate transportation from the Airport to resorts for WDW guests?​
As I mentioned once before on here, my background is transportation planning (I worked for a transit agency). I’ve never taken Magical Express myself. But until the high speed rail connection to Disney Springs is on-line, I would propose a contracted shuttle service from the airport to Disney Springs. From the Springs, the luggage could be boarded on separate vehicles (like the Minnie vans), whereas the guests can take buses to their resorts or first go dining/shopping. I know it’s not ideal to have the transfer at the Springs, but there is a lot higher cost to provide direct travel from the airport to each resort (which is maybe why they are dropping the Express).
Or alternatively, build a peoplemover line from the airport to WDW and then to each of the resorts.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The Sorcerer's Warmups
The Penultimate Prompt

enhance

Another unused stanza from Season 5, this time we are traveling to New Orleans Square! Originally this prompt was going to be about adding a new attraction to the land, but with PatF already on the way real life has made that slightly redundant. Plus, these warm ups have been pretty ride heavy. So while it might make the name a bit of a misnomer lets do something a bit different.

One of the most distinct features of New Orleans Square is its small scale, intricately themed shops.

For this prompt, design a small, intricately themed shop for any theme park land!

As always, since this is just a warm-up, you may use 1-2 sentences and one image in your proposal. Enjoy!​

Sharon&Susan

The Sorcerer's Warmups
The Penultimate Prompt

enhance

Another unused stanza from Season 5, this time we are traveling to New Orleans Square! Originally this prompt was going to be about adding a new attraction to the land, but with PatF already on the way real life has made that slightly redundant. Plus, these warm ups have been pretty ride heavy. So while it might make the name a bit of a misnomer lets do something a bit different.

One of the most distinct features of New Orleans Square is its small scale, intricately themed shops.

For this prompt, design a small, intricately themed shop for any theme park land!

As always, since this is just a warm-up, you may use 1-2 sentences and one image in your proposal. Enjoy!​

LEGENDS OF LIBERTY
LegofLib.jpg
Located near the spot of the former Fantasyland Skyway station at Disneyland serving as a transition between Fantasyland and Frontierland, Legends of Liberty serves as a reminder of America's own fantasies of its many tall tales and sells a variety of American themed goods. The shop is inside a small circus tent (complimenting the nearby Dumbo and Casey Jr. and giving Disneyland it's own Dumbo mini-land) the posters outside may seem reminiscent of old time freak show, but their intent instead is to honor the heroes of American legends like Paul Bunyan and Johnny Appleseed that are the quintessence folk tales of the United States.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
The Sorcerer's Warmups
The Penultimate Prompt

enhance

We’ll take a cue from the Wedway Peoplemover and open up “Tomorrowland Metro Retro Historical Society” inside the Tomorrowland Light and Power Co (the Space Mountain gift shop). This area will sell not only Space Mountain merch, but all sorts of nifty retro-style soft goods, toys etc representing classic Tomorrowland, including: Circle Vision, Mission to Mars, and Dreamflight!

C103A5A5-38E8-4BC7-B388-54C8F1B3351A.jpeg

TwilightZone

The Sorcerer's Warmups
The Penultimate Prompt

enhance

The Dream Port
iu
In the new gift shop for Imagination, guests enter a loving recreation of Dreamfinder's Dreamport from the original attraction, filled with many imaginative things Dreamfinder found on his journey (including tie ins from the comic and S.E.A). Guests can buy many imaginative and sciencey toys, such as a static electricity ball toy, Legos, puzzles, and candy making kits, as well as the obvious Dreamfinder and Figment merch and the Dreamfinder comics.

pavilions are kinda like lands right?

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
The Sorcerer's Warmups
The Penultimate Prompt

enhance

Good grief, I missed two prompts in a row. How long is the turnaround for each prompt anyway? 8 hours?

Visions Extraordinaires
(Extraordinary Visions)

KVDS-20170505-213336-NIKON-D5-1200x800.jpg

Replacing the current Light Speed Photography kiosk at the exit of Space Mountain (currently Hyperspace Mountain) in Discoveryland, Visions Extraordinaires will continue the Victorian "gentleman's club" architecture found in the Baltimore Gun Club lounge section of the queue, including its starry ceiling, some renderings of the "space capsules" (ride vehicles) that have shot guests either to the Moon, a supernova, or a galaxy far, far away, and even several portraits of the Club's members (one member, in particular, might seem familiar to Disney fans, given his personal attachment on the project). In this new shop, guests exiting the attraction may purchase their on-ride photo, as well as some Space Mountain and Discoveryland-themed apparel and souvenirs (e.g.: a model of the Columbiad cannon, or even Nine-Eye from the defunct opening-day attraction Le Visionarium).​

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Question of the Day
What’s the best meal you’ve had on a theme park property?​
Will the McDonalds we snuck into the Disneyland property, despite having a no-outside-food-and-beverages-allowed policy, count? We've only eaten in Tomorrowland/Discoveryland anyway so my experience circle of Disney restaurants is quite small.

Brer Panther

Country Bear General Store
1610543366604.png
Located at the exit to Country Bear Jamboree in Frontierland, this charming gift shop is run by the Country Bears themselves - so, naturally, it's a bit of a mess. Country Bear merchandise of all kinds can be found here, from t-shirts to plushes to musical instruments, and adding to the fun are a mounted fish, a bighorned ram trophy head, and a caged rattlesnake who strike up conversations with the guests, similar to Max, Buff and Melvin.

DashHaber

The Sorcerer's Warmups
The Penultimate Prompt

enhance

Dr. Facilier's Shadow Emporium

3b2e9e63e60fa8a18c9bd5fecdbecb49.jpg

To go along with Splash Mountain being rethemed to The Princess and the Frog, Magic Kingdom's Frontierland will see a new store turn up that's a creepy and mysterious nook run by the Shadow Man, Dr. Facilier. From macabre collectibles like tarot cards and paperweight skulls to merchandise and apparel inspired by Disney's famous array of villains, you are certain to find something that's perfect for you and your friends on the other side.​

Orange Cat

Question of the Day
What’s the best meal you’ve had on a theme park property?​
Okay, So Hear Me Out On This One, Despite Writing All About Restaurants, I Don’t Really Remember Any Proper “Meals” I‘ve Had In The Parks, & Since I Think Saying Dole Whips Would Be Cheating, I Have A Bit Of An Unorthodox Answer, The Panda Express At Knott’s Berry Farm. Despite Certainly Being Exactly The Same As Regular Panda Express, Eating This Fast Food Restaurant Inside A Theme Park Makes It Taste So Much Better! Besides, It Is Technically Different As You Can Get Some Boysenberry Juice There.

D Hulk

Original Poster
Does beer count as a meal?

Because then I can cite the time I had pints with a former Imagineer at the Grand Californian bar. He’d worked on DisneySea’s Mysterious Island attractions - mostly artwork and place making for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. We mostly traded travel & camping tales; I actually neglected to ask Imagineering questions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom