News Evermore Orlando Resort - new billion-dollar, 10,000-room resort project is coming right next to Walt Disney World

the.dreamfinder

Uh okay, not the wisest of moves in the current climate.
If this was 2008, it would be brillant because you would be open when the economy is in a really good place.

Now, the existing Central Florida hospitality industry is just trying to survive after this. At least Disney shows no signs of cutting their rates, so that helps!

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Are lawyers in Utah typing up a cease and desist as we speak? I assumed this was a second Evermore property.
They have theme parks in Utah?

I’ll take bets: this is never gonna get off the ground

Or it's a strategic real estate ploy to force Disney to purchase land. :Tinfoil hat:
Perhaps I'm cynical but I don't think construction will happen. Doesn't make fiscal sense to build a hotel anytime soon. (Hear that Disney?) Long-term is still an unknown.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Or it's a strategic real estate ploy to force Disney to purchase land. :Tinfoil hat:
Perhaps I'm cynical but I don't think construction will happen. Doesn't make fiscal sense to build a hotel anytime soon. (Hear that Disney?) Long-term is still an unknown.

Meh...has nothing to do with Disney...

Standard Florida playbook. The developers i’d Guess are promised money and considerations from Florida and Orlando...that don’t exist...to try and con them into building.

Because they’re looking at a 5 year recession and they have zero means to deal with it other than sit there and pray for tourists.

Standard operation procedures.

GimpYancIent

Meh...has nothing to do with Disney...

Standard Florida playbook. The developers i’d Guess are promised money and considerations from Florida and Orlando...that don’t exist...to try and con them into building.

Because they’re looking at a 5 year recession and they have zero means to deal with it other than sit there and pray for tourists.

Standard operation procedures.
Just another projected resort venue with the "adjacent to the most magical place on earth" catch phrase in its advertising. There will be a niche clientele of course but over all not impressive. Nice concept art work though.

Nmoody1

I think when travel does reopen there will be a demand for higher quality property.

WDW now has a Four Seasons, JW Mariott and soon a Conrad - when exactly will this light a fire under Disney's butt and see them improve thier 'deluxe resorts to offer a truly deluxe experience. Currently I would take any of the above over any disney deluxe.

JoeCamel

I think when travel does reopen there will be a demand for higher quality property.

WDW now has a Four Seasons, JW Mariott and soon a Conrad - when exactly will this light a fire under Disney's butt and see them improve thier 'deluxe resorts to offer a truly deluxe experience. Currently I would take any of the above over any disney deluxe.
Problem to do real deluxes Disney would charge $2 -$3 thousand a night for 450 sq ft. Look at the poly bungalows, not deluxe but has the price of one.

Thelazer

Yes, I know there is a Margaritaville, what I'm saying is, they have a heck of a time right now trying to sell those (and the folks who did buy in are not getting the rental income they thought they would...)

So how this new thing is going to succeed... I don't know.

SpectroMagician

With Disney close to removing literally every benefit of booking at their hotel (no Magical Express, no EMH, fastpass may not return) options like this become much more attractive to people. Spend half the money for a better hotel that's right outside the gate.

As a DVC member I see the value of my membership continue to go down year after year.

DisneyDebRob

With Disney close to removing literally every benefit of booking at their hotel (no Magical Express, no EMH, fastpass may not return) options like this become much more attractive to people. Spend half the money for a better hotel that's right outside the gate.

As a DVC member I see the value of my membership continue to go down year after year.
Hey, we got a savings on this years dues! Unfortunately I don’t think it’s enough for a round trip from MCO to Disney property to pay for the now ME- less transportation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom