The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

Suchomimus

So far, I've got The Dark Crystal: Bestiary and Super Mario 3D All Stars for my Switch. There are also some more presents that I have yet to open when my mother gets back, so I'll change my answer when she gets back.
Kept forgetting to finish the list. I got a Bachman N-Scale Chesapeake and Ohio 4-6-0, a Steam Engine model kit (it billows steam, moves wheels, and even has a whistle), a copy of Railway Empire on Switch, a Cuphead download, a Nintendo Switch SDXC chip (more storage), a new razor kit, a wooden board with a tyrannosaurus skull and my name cut into it, three books about the Great Western Railway, and The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook.

ThemeParkPriest

Question of the Day
While this year may not have been great, I’m sure we all had some good moments. What was your best memory from 2020?
Although I wish there wasn’t a need, I’m on a Covid team of priests that give last rites to people (mostly people with Covid but others who are on lockdown). I’ve done more than 50 now (I have another one scheduled tomorrow for 8 am Central Time), but I am grateful I can give dying people and their loved ones some peace during these difficult times. Also, I don’t think any of us have caught Covid ourselves, so we are being watched over!

D Hulk

Original Poster
Electronic Pinball Is Still Pinball!
And pinball minigames for video games?
One Of My Favorite Pinball Tables Is Free DLC For Sonic Generations!
The pinball crowd I’ve run with wouldn’t consider these true pinball games, but even so I’m glad you’re able to enjoy a version of the game! 👍
It’s OC Pinball in Laguna Hills, on the top floor of the former Macy’s attached to (what used to be?) the Laguna Hills Mall. Here’s what it looked like months ago:

Since it’s a showroom for a pinball seller they change out their machines regularly to show off new pinballs from Stern or Jersey Jack or newly refurbished ones.

Haven’t seen any pre-90’s machines, the oldest one I’ve seen there is Creature From the Black Lagoon from ‘92. Sorry, @D Hulk.

Dang, I was just in the Laguna area yesterday seeing family! It’s an inconvenience for me, over an hour away. (Pre-COVID, my spot was Walt’s in Eagle Rock.) Will have to make a trip there one of these days.

You might enjoy looking into Captain’s Auction Warehouse in Anaheim. They’re an arcade machine auction company, so there’s always cool pins passing through (in addition to so many other toys).

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Although I wish there wasn’t a need, I’m on a Covid team of priests that give last rites to people (mostly people with Covid but others who are on lockdown). I’ve done more than 50 now (I have another one scheduled tomorrow for 8 am Central Time), but I am grateful I can give dying people and their loved ones some peace during these difficult times. Also, I don’t think any of us have caught Covid ourselves, so we are being watched over!
It’s terrible that you’ve been needed so much. But I’m thankful you’re able to be there. Hopefully we get to the other side of this soon.

Orange Cat

The pinball crowd I’ve run with wouldn’t consider these true pinball games, but even so I’m glad you’re able to enjoy a version of the game! 👍
I Actually Like “Real” Pinball Machines Much More Than Virtual Or Electronic Pinball, But I Usually Don’t Have Access To Them, In Fact, I’ve Only Ever Played One “Real“ Machine, But It Was The Best Pinball Experience Of My Life!

Orange Cat

What ever happened to videogame adaptations of movies?
I’m Pretty Sure There Actually Still Quite Common But The Fascination Over Them Being Really Bad & Occasionally Actually Kinda Fun Just Became Boring, & On A Somewhat Related Note, The Last One I‘ve Heard About Was A Hotel Transylvania 3 Pikmin Clone (That Nintendo Stole An Idea From For Pikmin 3 Deluxe).

Evilgidgit

It's quite moving and interesting to hear these Covid stories coming out. My Covid experience, being the UK, has just been "stay indoors forever". I don't really go out much on my own anyway, unless it is to go for a walk. The benefits of not having a social life! During the big springtime lockdown, my nan lived alone without a haircut and turned into Madam Mim. XD

Sharon&Susan

I remember playing a pinball minigame on Madagascar 2 for Nintendo DS. What ever happened to videogame adaptations of movies?
I think the problem is that video games have just gotten more and more expensive starting with the advent of the HD development. It's harder to risk money on a mid-low budget licensed game that will probably receive very little hype and it's success is determined by where the franchise is at when the game comes out.

Some companies like Activision just stopped, others like Disney Interactive or THQ either got dissolved or went bankrupt.

I don't think it helped that Nintendo, who's consoles have always received tons of licensed games, was in a bit of a funk at the start of the 8th generation. 3DS bombed initially and Western developers never got fully comfortable with it and the Wii U was the Wii U.

JokersWild

We talking pinball?

I used to love the pinball machines that Hershey Park has. They have a bunch of older ones. The last time I was there I played Hercules for the first time, and it was pretty cool/ super weird.

In terms of COVID, I haven’t felt terribly affected here. The Japanese are very good at ignoring problems so everything has remained open and the only real difference in the culture is that everyone wears a mask when they’re outside. Things have been getting worse here, but I don’t expect anyone to do anything about it.

Sharon&Susan

@b-wolf95
1609206817955.png
1609206836077.png

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I think the problem is that video games have just gotten more and more expensive starting with the advent of the HD development. It's harder to risk money on a mid-low budget licensed game that will probably receive very little hype and it's success is determined by where the franchise is at when the game comes out.

Some companies like Activision just stopped, others like Disney Interactive or THQ either got dissolved or went bankrupt.

I don't think it helped that Nintendo, who's consoles have always received tons of licensed games, was in a bit of a funk at the start of the 8th generation. 3DS bombed initially and Western developers never got fully comfortable with it and the Wii U was the Wii U.
I just saw on Timehop that I got my 3DS nine years ago. And I still play that thing more than any other system I own. I hope Nintendo makes another dedicated handheld one day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom