The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

kmbmw777

Question of the Day
Since we all have discussed our Pixar Rankings, who is your favorite Pixar character?​
My name is Doug. My favorite character is Dug.

8af11b1a04a315e3359ad53cfb4347ef.jpg
Same but with Kevin
799D17AB-C6DA-4048-8D3A-3C6ACD708DF5.jpeg

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Since the cross is still the same shape meant for the human form, I can only assume that Cars takes place in a post apocalyptic world where the cars have risen up against their human oppressors and taken their place on earth as the dominant life form of earth.
The Pixar Theory, anyone?

EDIT: Just caught up on the rest of the thread. Everyone else beat me to it.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I watch Cars 2 for the plot

The Plot:
View attachment 520865

(I’m also pretty sure that the movie features some of the most on-screen deaths in a Pixar film)
What is the word for a "furry, but for cars?"

Question of the Day
Since we all have discussed our Pixar Rankings, who is your favorite Pixar character?​

explore disney pixar GIF by Disney

Might not be the strongest movie over all by Pixar standards, but Flik will always be one of my favorite characters!

Little Late to the Party, But here's Pi's Pixar Rankings (Obviously very effected by personal nostalgia and experiences)!
  1. Up
  2. Incredibles
  3. Inside Out
  4. Ratatouille
  5. Toy Story
  6. Wall-e
  7. Toy Story 3
  8. Soul (Recency bias might have this higher than it should be, but aside from an abrupt ending I really liked it!)
  9. Coco
  10. Monsters University (I love this movie and I will fight you on this)
  11. Finding Nemo
  12. Toy Story 4 (Would be ranked higher, but I wasn't super happy about how a few characters were handled)
  13. Finding Dory
  14. Toy Story 2
  15. Monsters Inc
  16. Incredibles 2
  17. Cars
  18. Bug's Life
  19. Onward
  20. Brave (Merida is much better than the movie she is in)
  21. Cars 3
  22. Cars 2
  23. The Good Dinosaur (Technically it is better than Cars 2, but at least that one can be fun in a goofy way. Good Dino was just boring and forgettable)

NigelChanning

Since the Pixar Theory is becoming a popular discussion topic, feel free to allow me to enlighten you all...

The Theory begins with Brave (The Good Dinosaur isn’t relevant) as we see a witch possessing the ability to pass through magic doors and animals like Mor’du becoming intelligent through magic.

Meanwhile, technology begins to become aware as in the mid 50s to 60s, the Omni-droid attacks Metroville and catches the attention of Buy N Large.

On the other side of the world, Nemo and Friends manage to spook a greedy dentist and escape capture in a fish tank, a rat manages to become one of France’s finest chefs, and dog’s become capable of verbal interaction via Charles Muntz. Animals across the world are becoming more and more intelligent.

Years later, Andy Davis’s toys are, among many other childrens’ toys, harboring a deep emotion connection to their owner due to his emotional connection to them. A child’s emotions (seen in Inside Out) are capable of bringing toys to life. Inside Out also demonstrates the power of memory where that controls who lives and dies permanently in the Land of the Dead.

Even in Soul, the Jerry’s decide a human’s primary personality traits. Riley from Inside Out obviously got Joy as a major trait (Joy leads the other emotions).

In 2057, Buy N Large has polluted the Earth to the point where it’s uninhabitable and leaves small WALL-E robots to clean up while humans orbit space in the Axoim for a few hundred years. Eventually, a WALL-E falls in love with a robot named EVE and brings humans back to Earth where a single tree is planted.

While the humans were in space, cars ruled the Earth for many centuries due to a massive lack of human energy and begin their own timeline. Car versions of famous and inspiring people are believed to have existed as well.

The remaining Axiom ships that didn’t return to Earth landed on a mysterious planet where, after centuries and centuries, magic is discovered and practiced. Technology is re-discovered and magic fades away. Luckily, Ian and Barely Lightfoot (a product of some wierd evolution) use it to bring their dad back to life.

Remember that tree, which was planted at the end of WALL-E? That becomes the home of Flik and his ant colony as he recruits circus bugs to fight off the infamous grasshoppers.

Eventually, humans evolve into monsters and must use child energy to power their cities, homes, and places of work. Monsters Incorporated becomes the number one place for harvesting that energy via time travel. They travel to the 50s and 60s (when the Incredibles takes place) because crime was rampant and fear was at an all time high. Mike and Sully discover that laughter is more powerful than screams because, as seen in Inside Out, Joy overcomes Fear.

Boo from Monsters Inc. becomes obsessed with finding Sully again and uses magic doors to try and re-enter the monster world and forever traps herself in 10th Century Scotland as the Witch from Brave.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Since the Pixar Theory is becoming a popular discussion topic, feel free to allow me to enlighten you all...

The Theory begins with Brave (The Good Dinosaur isn’t relevant) as we see a witch possessing the ability to pass through magic doors and animals like Mor’du becoming intelligent through magic.

Meanwhile, technology begins to become aware as in the mid 50s to 60s, the Omni-droid attacks Metroville and catches the attention of Buy N Large.

On the other side of the world, Nemo and Friends manage to spook a greedy dentist and escape capture in a fish tank, a rat manages to become one of France’s finest chefs, and dog’s become capable of verbal interaction via Charles Muntz. Animals across the world are becoming more and more intelligent.

Years later, Andy Davis’s toys are, among many other childrens’ toys, harboring a deep emotion connection to their owner due to his emotional connection to them. A child’s emotions (seen in Inside Out) are capable of bringing toys to life. Inside Out also demonstrates the power of memory where that controls who live and dies permanently in the Land of the Dead.

In 2057, Buy N Large has polluted the Earth to the point where it’s uninhabitable and leaves small WALL-E robots to clean up while humans orbit space in the Axoim for a few hundred years. Eventually, a WALL-E falls in love with a robot named EVE and brings humans back to Earth where a single tree is planted.

While the humans were in space, cars ruled the Earth for many centuries due to a massive lack of human energy and begin their own timeline. Car versions of famous and inspiring people are believed to have existed as well.

The remaining Axiom ships that didn’t return to Earth landed on a mysterious planet where, after centuries and centuries, magic is discovered and practiced. Technology is re-discovered and magic fades away. Luckily, Ian and Barely Lightfoot use it to bring their dad back to life.

Remember that tree, which was planted at the end of WALL-E? That becomes the home of Flik and his ant colony as he recruits circus bugs to fight off the infamous grasshoppers.

Eventually, humans evolve into monsters and must use child energy to power their cities, homes, and places of work. Monsters Incorporated becomes the number one place for harvesting that energy via time travel. They travel to the 50s and 60s (when the Incredibles takes place) because crime was rampant and fear was at an all time high. Mike and Sully discover that laughter is more powerful than screams because, as seen in Inside Out, Joy overcomes Fear.

Boo from Monsters Inc. becomes obsessed with finding Sully again and uses magic doors to try and re-enter the monster world and forever traps herself in 10th Century Scotland as the Witch from Brave.
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Me by the 3rd line

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

Years later, Andy Davis’s toys are, among many other childrens’ toys, harboring a deep emotion connection to their owner due to his emotional connection to them. A child’s emotions (seen in Inside Out) are capable of bringing toys to life. Inside Out also demonstrates the power of memory where that controls who lives and dies permanently in the Land of the Dead.

The remaining Axiom ships that didn’t return to Earth landed on a mysterious planet where, after centuries and centuries, magic is discovered and practiced. Technology is re-discovered and magic fades away. Luckily, Ian and Barely Lightfoot (a product of some wierd evolution) use it to bring their dad back to life.

Honestly it’s kind of amazing how well this actually works. Maybe it’s just fun to convince ourselves that everything is connected this way.

spacemt354

Chili's
s11-jpg.520829

Today's spotlight goes to @Imagineer Brandon for Disneyland Texas - while there have been several nuanced approaches to custom Disneyland style parks this is one of the most unique I've read.
disneylandtexas-png.520277

Definitely go check it out here!

TwilightZone

Even in Soul, the Jerry’s decide a human’s primary personality traits. Riley from Inside Out obviously got Joy as a major trait (Joy leads the other emotions).

Boo the movie when

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
s11-jpg.520829

Today's spotlight goes to @Imagineer Brandon for Disneyland Texas - while there have been several nuanced approaches to custom Disneyland style parks this is one of the most unique I've read.
disneylandtexas-png.520277

Definitely go check it out here!

I appreciate Brandon’s use of the word “Kayfabe”

“it’s still real to me...”

NigelChanning

Also it will be interesting to see where turning red will land in the theory when it releases, considering its about a girl who can turn into a panda. Maybe she's the first "monster"?
That will most likely demonstrate more of the power of emotions. This will most likely be the last sighting of a “super” in the timeline. Sorta how Jack Jack’s emotions control when he becomes a little demon child

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom