QS at Either Park or City Walk?

Pooh'sBuddy

Original Poster
Hi! We've never been to Universal. Please help me out! What quick service places would you recommend, or in the alternative, which should we avoid? The hubby's trip will be made with a stop at Crusty Burger. Thank you very much!

JoeCamel

If you like chicken and ribs then Thunder Falls is good, Fast Food Blvd has some variety and both HP places have good food. I like to take advantage of citywalk being so close and Mythos in IoA as they can both be fast. Think about a walk from one park to the other with a stop at Hard Rock cafe or maybe the bar at Toothsome where you might have immediate seating. Not suitable for kids tho, if a family then you will need to see the hostess/host for seating. It can be fun to pop out into the real world, make a stop then dive back into the other park.

Rob562

Hi! We've never been to Universal. Please help me out! What quick service places would you recommend, or in the alternative, which should we avoid? The hubby's trip will be made with a stop at Crusty Burger. Thank you very much!

I agree the Potter places are a good option (though avoid the pasties at places that offer them. They're more crust than filling). That's where we tend to eat in the parks. We'll share a chicken platter with an extra side of potatoes at Three Broomsticks, and at Leaky Cauldron our go-to's are fish & chips and the bangers & mash.

Today Cafe at the Studios has some great sandwiches.

Red Oven Pizza is our go-to counter service in City Walk.

Avoid Circus McGurkus in Seuss and pretty much everything in Marvel Superhero Island.

-Rob

Tom Morrow

I don't think any of the fast food options at Universal are particularly good. The presentation at the two Potter restaurants is nice and the food LOOKS great, but taste and quality wise, it borders on cafeteria food. However, Mythos is great, and there are several good options in CityWalk. I usually prefer to just get snacks and treats in the park and eat a meal in CityWalk later.

Pooh'sBuddy

Original Poster
I don't think any of the fast food options at Universal are particularly good. The presentation at the two Potter restaurants is nice and the food LOOKS great, but taste and quality wise, it borders on cafeteria food. However, Mythos is great, and there are several good options in CityWalk. I usually prefer to just get snacks and treats in the park and eat a meal in CityWalk later.
So, the time to walk back out of the Parks and back in is worth it? Again, I have no clue the amount of walking that will be. Also, I'm clueless as to what Uni's wait times are nowadays. I guess it would be optimal if we happen to be near the entrances.

Again, thank you, all. You've given me some great intel.

Tom Morrow

So, the time to walk back out of the Parks and back in is worth it? Again, I have no clue the amount of walking that will be. Also, I'm clueless as to what Uni's wait times are nowadays. I guess it would be optimal if we happen to be near the entrances.

It's a short walk, but I suppose that would depend on how busy the parks are on that day and how much you're accomplishing. If it's a busier day then you probably would want to save CityWalk for after the parks close and just eat something in the parks.

trr1

try getting the uni app it shows the wait times and you can get an idea before visiting

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member

Mythos isn't much more expensive than qs same goes for Margaritaville and the volcano burps.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I haven't liked what they did with the portions and prices but I like the food

I think that's pretty much the story at most parks. Disney and others. FWIW I think the Gyro at FireEaters is better than the Gyro (was) at Tangerine in Morocco. I do like the abundance of Foot Long Dogs and Corndogs at Uni. Then there's always the Jacket Potato.

Club Cooloholic

Whatever you do, avoid the kebab place in IOA. Awful. I like the food at Bumble Bee Mans taco truck, which works well while your hubby grabs a Krusty Burger. I also think they have pretty good cakes and sweets at the cafes and stands around the parks.
I also second that the gyros are pretty decent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom