The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys - Hype Thread

NigelChanning

I just finished Soul and I LOVED IT!

Everything about the film from the themes and the tone to the characters and jokes (this movie is surprisingly hilarious) made me fall in love with Pixar all over again! I’m even sad that there’s no more Wonders of Life pavilion at EPCOT as Soul would’ve been a perfect IP choice.

Because everybody else is sharing their rankings, I’ll do it as well!

1. Monsters Inc.
2. Ratatouille
3. Coco
4. Toy Story
5. Soul
6. Toy Story 2
7. The Incredibles
8. Finding Nemo
9. Monsters University
10. Onward
11. Up
12. Toy Story 4
13. Toy Story 3
14. Wall-E
15. Cars
16. Inside Out
17. Finding Dory
18. Cars 3
19. Incredibles 2
20. A Bug’s Life
21. Cars 2
22. The Good Dinosaur
23. Brave

spacemt354

Chili's
Getting on the rank train!

1. Up
2. Ratatouille
3. Monsters Inc
4. Soul
5. Toy Story 2
6. Coco
7. Toy Story
8. Inside Out
9. A Bug's Life
10. Finding Nemo
11. The Incredibles
12. Toy Story 3
13. WALL-E
14. Toy Story 4
15. Cars
16. Incredibles 2
17. Monsters University
18. Onward
19. Cars 3
20. Cars 2
21. Brave
22. Finding Dory
23. The Good Dinosaur

kmbmw777

My Pixar ranking:
B1179B75-6E74-44BB-AF0B-EE2C8C9F5DB9.jpeg

1FD6A02C-DEA3-4144-80A9-9B80C50781D5.jpeg

PerGron

True that both are totally awful, but Cars 2 is just a little bit more garbage than TGD.
No no... that spot is reserved for The Good Dinosaur.
I think the Good Dinosaur is kind of okay. The animation alone is some of Pixar’s absolute best and while the story is familiar and kind of unoriginal, I don’t totally hate it.

spacemt354

Chili's
True. But we don’t actually see them die. That would make a really depressing movie...
I was expecting to see the Great Beyond at some point in the movie and I was kinda happy at the end we didn't, because it leaves so much up to interpretation.

I've always been fascinated with different interpretations of the afterlife and my gut feeling is we either reincarnate or our soul moves on to become one with the universe. So when Joe was watching the souls go into the Great Beyond I noticed how their faces changed into a ball of pure light, and I thought it was interesting (and my favorite scene of the movie) when Joe is playing the piano and it pans out from his apartment to NYC to Earth and then the Milky Way - throughout the whole progression you see 'lights' which to me represent people's sparks first in the apartments, then skyscrapers, then in the US, etc continually spanning out into infinity. The spark to me had less to do with your purpose in life but your purpose for living!

It's such a deep message and I'm glad none of this was spoiled in trailers

NigelChanning

I was expecting to see the Great Beyond at some point in the movie and I was kinda happy at the end we didn't, because it leaves so much up to interpretation.

I've always been fascinated with different interpretations of the afterlife and my gut feeling is we either reincarnate or our soul moves on to become one with the universe. So when Joe was watching the souls go into the Great Beyond I noticed how their faces changed into a ball of pure light, and I thought it was interesting (and my favorite scene of the movie) when Joe is playing the piano and it pans out from his apartment to NYC to Earth and then the Milky Way - throughout the whole progression you see 'lights' which to me represent people's sparks first in the apartments, then skyscrapers, then in the US, etc continually spanning out into infinity. The spark to me had less to do with your purpose in life but your purpose for living!

It's such a deep message and I'm glad none of this was spoiled in trailers
I would also like to comment about my spoiler-y opinions on the film but I don’t know how to use the spoiler setting on the forum. Does anybody mind showing me?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom