The DC Comics Film Thread

InnKpr

Put this man against Joaquin’s Joker and we got a match made in heaven.
After re-watching the trailer, you may be onto something. What if there is a surprise connection to last year's Joker movie, and Joaquin somehow gets thrown into all of this.

-Those appeared to be Joker henchmen receiving the Bat beat down in this trailer (observe their makeup).
-Batman says "I am vengeance". What is he avenging so furiously? Considering what happened to his parents at the end of Joker, at the hands of clown-faced henchmen, could there be a connection to his anger? Am I reading far too much into this?

Though if any of these connections are included in The Batman, I highly doubt they'd be shown in a trailer so obviously.

Mike S

After re-watching the trailer, you may be onto something. What if there is a surprise connection to last year's Joker movie, and Joaquin somehow gets thrown into all of this.

-Those appeared to be Joker henchmen receiving the Bat beat down in this trailer (observe their makeup).
-Batman says "I am vengeance". What is he avenging so furiously? Considering what happened to his parents at the end of Joker, at the hands of clown-faced henchmen, could there be a connection to his anger? Am I reading far too much into this?

Though if any of these connections are included in The Batman, I highly doubt they'd be shown in a trailer so obviously.
I was just going from the angle of how the tones of both stories seem to match up but those connections could mean something too.

sedati

Snyder cut is 4 hrs long ! But will be broken up into 4 1 hr "episodes" on HBOMax once it has all aired it will come to Digital/Physical

Looks pretentious on a level heretofore inconceivable. Also just looks bad. Bad greenscreen. Bad CGI. Bad character design. Bad color timing. Also a sequel to a terrible film.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
i agree. we were watching it last night, & what a letdown. it was just a mess. i think if it opened in theaters as originally planned, it would’ve flopped. i did like the post credits scene.
I may watch it again today just to see if maybe I missed anything that would make it a better movie.

Mike S

i agree. we were watching it last night, & what a letdown. it was just a mess. i think if it opened in theaters as originally planned, it would’ve flopped. i did like the post credits scene.
I watched Soul and News of the World instead.

Both great movies.

Sad to see DC’s curse continue. Hopefully The Batman is actually good.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I think DC needs to do something that the comic bookers wont like: get Zack Snyder the hell out of there...

The reason Nolan...and later MCU...has worked is because there is movie studio savvy/polish behind it. The idea/graphic guys alone give you nothing without being able to convert it to some mainstream appeal.

You end up with attack of the clones

mf1972

I watched Soul and News of the World instead.

Both great movies.

Sad to see DC’s curse continue. Hopefully The Batman is actually good.
i was thinking about the DC curse as we were watching WW lol. i’m curious if the snyder cut JL will be any better. i have some faith in the next batman movie. i’ve seen some of reeve’s movies & he seems to know what he’s doing.
i agree with your take on soul. watched it last night & it’s pretty good.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hardly. Matt Reeves writing and directing an R rated Batman film with Pattinson leading should yield fairly good, if not great, results.

I’m from Missouri.

And your measure for success is different than mine. I’m not looking to be challenged mentally - though I would take it IF it happens. I’m looking for something that holds through the test of time for enjoyment.

Trying to tell the audience what they’ve been “missing” in a Hollywood setting is a Hard-o move destined for failure

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom