Trip Report You've Got a Friend in Me

Hello friends!! Welcome & I'm happy to have you here for another TR!! This trip was filled with so much fun & friendship in so many different ways that when I think back on it I can't help but smile!! So many happy times & I look forward to sharing them with you all, my friends!!

WHEN: Tuesday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 3rd

WHO: Myself-Patti, JSR, E & J
IMG_8388.JPG

In case you forgot what we look like here's one minus masks!! :hilarious:
IMG_6081.JPEG

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa
IMG_8473.jpeg

So, I had made mention in my last TR that we were booked to stay at The Polynesian this trip. About a month or so before the trip we got the email that the regular rooms(which we were booked in) were not going to be open then. They offered to move us to The Grand Floridian. None of us were really feeling it so we explored our options. E & I really enjoyed our stay at Saratoga Springs in August(I think a lot has to do with it having that Riverside "feel" to it) so we decided to go with a treehouse villa. A big plus ended up being that it cost us all waaaay less than what the Poly/GF was going to. I was disappointed but felt better after some friends, @Darstarr & @Tuvalu, told me I was probably better off waiting to experience the resort until the remodel was done anyways!!

I drove to their house & got there at 9:15. My sister wanted to leave for the airport no later than 9:30. Notice that there are 3 suitcases but 4 people?? Someone wasn't done packing & E was not happy!! The stroller went with us but it went unused most of the time so E decided that this was going to be the last trip for it.
IMG_7581.JPEG

The reason for the packing delay? J snuck outside & excitedly told me a secret. His dad was packing our friend, PCB!!🤣
IMG_7582.JPEG

Notice the scab on his face--the poor kid took a fall at school a few days before.

Remember E sending me this after our last trip? Well, we didn't have to get it!!
IMG_7524.JPEG

We got to the airport & unloaded the luggage. E went to park the car & we went to wait for her inside. It was then that J realized his mask was with his mom. I told him I had a bunch in my bag & for him to temporarily use one of them. It was a little big on him....
IMG_7583.JPEG

We checked in quickly & headed to the main terminal. J was happy to have his shark mask back!! One of our other sisters made that for him & he really likes it!!
IMG_7584.JPEG

The airport was a ghost town as it was in August.
IMG_7585.JPEG

J's favorite store was still closed😞
IMG_7586.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

Next up was the world famous Jungle Cruise!!
IMG_7808.JPEG

IMG_7809.JPEG

Let's face it....this is everyone's favorite part!!
IMG_7810.JPEG

The water was starting to be drained. Keep this pic in mind. 5 days later we were back at MK & there was a lot less water in there but I was amazed at how long it takes to drain it!!
IMG_7811.JPEG

IMG_7812.JPEG

And what I was really hoping I would see this trip!! Score!!
All I have to say is, "Boo To You"!!
IMG_7813.JPEG

IMG_7814.JPEG

Of course not the same but it brought back memories of MNSSHP that I went to with my niece, H a few years ago. That parade was the best EVER!! I'm singing the song while I'm typing this!!
IMG_7816.JPEG

I was in my glory!!
IMG_7818.JPEG

These guys joined in on the fun!!
IMG_7821.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

Since we were in the area I suggested something that we haven't done in forever(in hindsight I probably should have kept it that way).
IMG_7822.JPEG

IMG_7823.JPEG

While we waited another cavalcade came by!!
IMG_7826.JPEG

Time for the show!!
IMG_7827.JPEG

IMG_7828.JPEG

IMG_7829.JPEG

IMG_7830.JPEG

IMG_7831.JPEG

Let's just say the family wasn't too thrilled with this!! It will be awhile before we repeat it!!

MickeyCB

something that we haven't done in forever(in hindsight I probably should have kept it that way).
A couple of years ago Gary and I were by ourselves at MK and neither of us had visited the bears, and I said, "why don't we go check it out and then we can let the kids know if they should take the time to see it".
Holy Moly! I told the kids we took one for the team!

Loco_driver

I suggested something that we haven't done in forever(in hindsight I probably should have kept it that way).

A couple of years ago Gary and I were by ourselves at MK and neither of us had visited the bears, and I said, "why don't we go check it out and then we can let the kids know if they should take the time to see it".
Threes Company What GIF

Zipadeelady

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

And what I was really hoping I would see this trip!! Score!!
All I have to say is, "Boo To You"!!
View attachment 517961

View attachment 517962

Of course not the same but it brought back memories of MNSSHP that I went to with my niece, H a few years ago. That parade was the best EVER!! I'm singing the song while I'm typing this!!
I bet I'm not the only one singing it while reading :hilarious: I love Boo To You!!

Songbird76

Gosh--something needs to!! I was very disappointed so I went back to my one I've been using(non-Disney) until....yesterday. A clip broke off of it & I about freaked. My key fell off & I panicked(I have a master key for work so imagine having to change all the locks b/c I lost my key😰).

Uh-oh...
Can you see them now? Sorry, I haven't been around much to answer/update here.
I'm not tech savvy either--I'm right there with you girl!!

In all fairness:cautious: though, remember last trip when they brought her a second one b/c the waitress thought it looked too small?
I got to agree though, $19 is a bit much!!

Now it's really getting bad.....
She ordered it 2 meals in a row though...she must like it!! 🤣 Also, thank goodness for TiW(for now)....

Depressing, I say.....
I know it's totally outdated(in such a short amount of time) but there is still some comfort & fun watching such "a classic"!!

Haha!! I love that!!
You're very observant my friend....
So, JSR is very tall(6' 4"). E is extremely tiny(4' 11"). Unfortunately, I'm only tiny in the height department(5' 2").
R also looks like a giant next to me(he's 6' 2"). J is definitely going to take after his dad when it comes to height!!

Thank you so much & I'm glad you're here!! I need to catch up myself with this!!

I haven't yet(b/c I was irritated with the first one) but after what happened yesterday with my one from Staples I think I'll give it a go!!

The kid LOVES olives!! On Thanksgiving one of my duties was to bring the olives & of course I forgot them🤦‍♀️I knew it would disappoint him more than anyone else. I went home & got a jar of green & black each. I got back to my sisters & E told him that I got the olives. His response, "No thanks. I've had enough turkey". He actually loved the turkey. He came back asking for seconds!!

Oh yeah!!:)
I think I'm missing something....what's wrong with pepperoni on the pizza?

I hope the new lanyard worked out...loosing your key would be bad!!

I'm with J....I LOVE olives. I've never had green ones on pizza though....only black, which I hated as a kid, but I love them now.

Swissmiss

Premium Member

I'm with J....I LOVE olives. I've never had green ones on pizza though....only black, which I hated as a kid, but I love them now.

Funny about the olives - I used to hate them too, but would make myself try them from time to time “to confirm” that I didn’t like them ... and then I started to really like them 😉

PolynesianPrincess

Loving this TR so far!! The treehouse villas remind me of going to camp during the summer when I was younger (I'm from Maine) They look so super peaceful!

We haven't done Country Bears in a few years but we always enjoy it. I think it's one of those things you either like or don't like. There really doesn't seem to be an in between!

Boo To You is my favorite!! We were there in Sept / Oct and the cavalcades were pretty cute!!

Songbird76

Funny about the olives - I used to hate them too, but would make myself try them from time to time “to confirm” that I didn’t like them ... and then I started to really like them 😉
I loved the green ones as a kid....I used to put them on my hamburgers and such, but wouldn't touch the black ones. They even smelled awful to me. Then when I was a teen, I ended up loving them...I don't even know how I discovered I liked them. But there are a lot of things I hated as a kid that I love now...pepperoni, zucchini, au gratin potatoes, nacho cheese...I heard somewhere that your tastebuds change every 7 years or something, so some things you liked before don't taste as good, and things you hated, you now like. There are foods that were my favorites that now I'm like....ugh, no thank you. And while I've always loved veggies, my favorites have changed. When I was little, spinach was my favorite...couldn't get enough of the stuff. Then I went on a pea kick when I was around 10 or so....now I'm not a fan of peas at all. In high school I was a broccoli fiend. Now I don't have a real favorite....there are a few I DON'T like, but there have never been many of those.

Our autism coach also told us that it takes 10 times before you really know whether or not you like something. Your brain has to adjust. So you have to taste something several times before you know you don't like something. My son is a really picky eater, and her suggestion was to make a chart where he got a sticker for every time he tried something, and then after 10 times, he could decide whether or not he liked it. So maybe that's why you like olives now? It just took a while for your brain to process it?

Songbird76

Nothing wrong, I had just pointed out that it cost $21 (not $19) since it had pepperoni :D
Oh....that makes more sense. I read it wrong. I was thinking you were shocked that she ordered pepperoni on the pizza and then @riverside said E had ordered it twice, so she must like it....so I thought....what's wrong with it that it's surprising that she ordered it twice? But from a price aspect, I get that....it's not like it's some special thing, like a delicacy.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah--it's something that only needs to be revisited once every 10 years......or maybe longer than that!!
Sorry--I know you like them!!
Love that you threw your relation in here!!;)
I bet I'm not the only one singing it while reading :hilarious: I love Boo To You!!
I'm sure you're right!! That song is too darn catchy & fun!!

Yeah--I don't think the company would be too happy with me.

I love olives also but have only ever had black ones on pizza also.
That's great!!
Loving this TR so far!! The treehouse villas remind me of going to camp during the summer when I was younger (I'm from Maine) They look so super peaceful!

We haven't done Country Bears in a few years but we always enjoy it. I think it's one of those things you either like or don't like. There really doesn't seem to be an in between!

Boo To You is my favorite!! We were there in Sept / Oct and the cavalcades were pretty cute!!
Thank you!! They were really nice & makes for a totally different experience than staying in a "hotel" type room. I'm really glad we tried them!!

I agree with you(regarding the in between) but I'd definitely say we're in the "don't like" camp!!

So much fun!! I hope you had a great trip!!
Yes, I can the pictures now.
Thank you so much.
from one technology-challenged person to another:)
Actually, I didn't make any changes so I'm not sure what happened there!!🤷‍♀️
Nothing wrong, I had just pointed out that it cost $21 (not $19) since it had pepperoni :D

Oh....that makes more sense. I read it wrong. I was thinking you were shocked that she ordered pepperoni on the pizza and then @riverside said E had ordered it twice, so she must like it....so I thought....what's wrong with it that it's surprising that she ordered it twice? But from a price aspect, I get that....it's not like it's some special thing, like a delicacy.
Let's face it whether it be $19 or $21 it's still a lot for a "personal" size pizza!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

After lunch J was excited to show his dad how he is not afraid of the wildest ride in the wilderness!!
IMG_7832.JPEG

IMG_7834.JPEG

We ran into another cavalcade after that. I really do enjoy them.
IMG_7835.JPEG

IMG_7836.JPEG

IMG_7837.JPEG

IMG_7838.JPEG

Short & sweet--perfect!! Get to see the characters but don't have tons of people crowded around & don't have to wait ahead of time for them like the parades.
IMG_7839.JPEG

We headed back to Main Street & ran into Peter Pan hanging out at Crystal Palace.
IMG_7840.JPEG

It was cute!! Making the best of a crappy situation.....
IMG_7841.JPEG

And of course, everyone's favorite Halloween decoration!!
IMG_7842.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

We started working our way out of MK.
IMG_7843.JPEG

Crowds were really low.
IMG_7844.JPEG

Ran into the same cavalcade again.
IMG_7845.JPEG

We looked around in The Emporium for a bit. I thought these ears were cute!!
IMG_7846.JPEG

A few more somewhat empty castle shots.
IMG_7847.JPEG

IMG_7848.JPEG

Everyone else was still in the store & I sat on a bench waiting for them.
IMG_7849.JPEG

I may have ate a few of the jelly beans I bought for J!!
IMG_7850.JPEG

IMG_7851.JPEG

While sitting there I observed this. My, oh my!! Can you imagine walking around all day in that? That's not the most puzzling part to me though. How the heck do you manage the rides??
IMG_7853.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

In our own monorail car some took a mask break while someone struck that pose again!!
IMG_7854.JPEG

So, originally our reservation for Tony's was for dinner but we switched it to lunch b/c E wanted to go to the Tambu Lounge. Come to think of it, we did the same thing on the prior trip. Notice a pattern here?
IMG_7855.JPEG

Unfortunately though all the tables were taken & there was a couple that we kept thinking was going to leave. Every time we thought that though they would order another drink & let me tell you they weren't the fastest drinkers!! We were sitting in the waiting area & a CM did come over & wait on us there but it wasn't as comfortable as sitting at a regular table.
IMG_7856.JPEG

For the life of me I can't remember what I had.
IMG_7858.JPEG

It was also hard to talk b/c we were pretty far apart.
IMG_7859.JPEG

J loves the umbrellas!!
IMG_7860.JPEG

We decided to get a few things from Captain Cooks so I went downstairs to pick them up.
IMG_7861.JPEG

The sign lies--it's not open.
IMG_7862.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

I had to wait outside until our order was ready. You couldn't go inside until it was.
IMG_7863.PNG

While I was downstairs a group of people got up so they were able to get a table. E had ordered the sushi & wings from Tambu Lounge. I had got a kid's meal for J & the nachos for us to share.
IMG_7864.JPEG

Let me tell you--I would fly down there just to have them then leave!! They are that good!!
IMG_7865.JPEG

Our server was super nice. He said something really funny then--hence why I took the picture. I just can't remember what it was!! Me & my poor notetaking!!
IMG_7866.JPEG

J did a good job with his dinner so he was able to have some of his cookie.
IMG_7867.JPEG

After eating we checked out the gift shops. Guess what worked for me??
IMG_7868.JPEG

This looks so sad without water.
IMG_7869.JPEG

A little Poly construction.
IMG_7870.JPEG

Back at MK we saw 2 buses that we hadn't seen before!!
IMG_7871.JPEG

IMG_7872.JPEG

slipperalwaysfits

We ran into another cavalcade after that. I really do enjoy them
Get to see the characters but don't have tons of people crowded around
They are pretty sweet. It is nice not to have to wait and fight for a spot to see the characters!

So, originally our reservation for Tony's was for dinner but we switched it to lunch b/c E wanted to go to the Tambu Lounge. Come to think of it, we did the same thing on the prior trip. Notice a pattern here?
YAY Tambu Lounge! I will take a Raspberry mojito there any day!
Let me tell you--I would fly down there just to have them then leave!! They are that good!!
I know the feeling! I would fly down there just to have dinner or/and drinks at certain restaurants!
J did a good job with his dinner so he was able to have some of his cookie.
That cookie IS HUGE!! Haven't seen that decoration before...awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom