Trip Report The (second) ONE with enhanced cleaning and (a little less) Physical Distancing. Sept 2020

How is everyone doing out there???

A little background on this trip. This trip was origionally booked as a Food and Wine/Birthday girls getaway with two of my friends. We booked The Poly at 7 months Thursday through Sunday. (One friend’s bday was Thurs, the other was Sunday! Sooooo perfect!!!)
Buuuuut, they are both teachers and were not allowed to go. (Read that again. Not Allowed☹️)
I had the reservation and I wanted to go. My friend, R and I had a trip in April we had canceled. We had rescheduled for October to do a Halloween party (Nope!) and a DVC moonlight madness (Nope again). Then, she lost her job😞 so she came back to work with me. Her Mom, Gpa and Uncle own the business.
“Hey R, want to go to Disney in September instead?”
“Yeah!”
“Should we add a night? I still have 18 points I can use.”
“Yeah”
“Do you think we can get the extra day off?”
She looks at me. I look at her. 😂😂😂
I mean, her Mom makes the schedule.

She booked her flight, bought her park tickets, made her park reservations and we were set.

Tuesday night, September 15th I caught the sunset and headed to bed for an early start the next morning.
0BA1156A-7A84-4688-9F0D-B1776EB0203D.jpeg

Wednesday, September 16 came early. R’s Gma was flying back to Ft Lauderdale an hour before our flight. So we all went together to help her out.

31465BB3-A810-47F5-9B2B-18869C01FCB2.jpeg

C2184A11-9C53-4234-BC1B-024AA92F5AD8.jpeg

We were not sitting together because our flights were booked seperately. I asked to move us together but I asked on the late side and it was a no go. It was fine. We watched movies. I love Jet Blue TV’s!
854A582D-036B-414E-87E3-C5A310C080A9.jpeg

2262DED4-42E8-4DDC-B7CC-C649DE8943D3.jpeg

Yay! The sign said 45 minute wait. The woman who checked us in pointed out the sign and said it “could” take 45 minutes.
EA7403DA-8F58-4B46-912D-ED39F571F321.jpeg

Overheard on the ME: “Mom, I dont want to go to the Magic Kingdom!”
“Where do you want to go?”
“Legoland!!”
Haha😂
Lets check the weather...
F4FB6121-A09D-4A53-88B9-5948D0D1A4A7.png

Notice my phone is only at 44%🤦🏼‍♀️
DECEBFC3-39D3-42ED-9FDF-13A3A9C21B1E.jpeg

Back of the bus. Not a 45 minute wait but about 20.
D633874A-1BD9-4877-93E2-1CE9628007CF.jpeg

Too far in the back of the bus to get THE SIGN. How about the side of the road? Almost as good???

For the record, we went to Wilderness Lodge, BLT, the Contemporary and then The Polynesian.

We finally made it and were ready to let the fun begin!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
is-not-pear-tree-i-wuz-waitin-for-the-partridge

That drink looks deliciously fancy!! What's in that one, and why don't you live on the West Coast so I could help you partake in these lovely drinks?
Looks fancy but it is pretty easy.
Pear vodka, lemon juice and simple syrup shaken with ice then strained into a flute half way. Topped with Prosecco. Delish!!!
(I would nix the rosemary sprig next time. It kept going up my nose. Is this what a covid test feels like😂? Instead I would infuse the rosemary in the simple syrup. Just a tad.)
And I was born and raised west coast....so cal, so there is that😎 Partake in the drink and report back here.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So yesssss, it’s before 5pm BUT, it is a snow day❄️ soooooo.......
FF166F1E-B191-41CD-91FD-7C2978E02511.jpeg

This is called a purple haze. It looked much nicer on the internet! It’s so-so. Been there done that. (I actually topped with Prosecco to liven it up, and make it more respectable for this early hour😎)

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
@Darstarr have you tried the color changing gin Empress? I haven’t been able to locate it in Ohio but it would make for some fun cocktails.
No, never heard of it. I am a beer woman by nature. All this experimenting has been fun but I have learned a lot. For example, yesterday’s Mr Grinch was so good but a little juice heavy and I paid the price in the middle of the night☺️

giphy.gif

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Tonight I wanted something red. This is a pomegranate mojito of sorts. I have taken great liberty with the term “mojito”. My mint is under 6 inches of snow but lavender was popping up (although the flower is pretty dead looking) so I used lavender. Also, I only had bacardi limon so instead of lime I used lemon.
What we have here is a lavender lemon pomegranate mojito!
E99EA438-1970-494E-B490-768A16EA6513.jpeg
It’s good. Definitely signature. But is it Christmas Signature Drink worthy??? I don’t think so.

And on a Disney note...I think I am coming for you @ajrwdwgirl
Flights booked✔️
Deciding where to stay....

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Tonight I wanted something red. This is a pomegranate mojito of sorts. I have taken great liberty with the term “mojito”. My mint is under 6 inches of snow but lavender was popping up (although the flower is pretty dead looking) so I used lavender. Also, I only had bacardi limon so instead of lime I used lemon.
What we have here is a lavender lemon pomegranate mojito!
View attachment 519781It’s good. Definitely signature. But is it Christmas Signature Drink worthy??? I don’t think so.

And on a Disney note...I think I am coming for you @ajrwdwgirl
Flights booked✔️
Deciding where to stay....

Yeah! I'm staying at the Pop.
mug beers GIF

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Coloring changing?!? Gin?!? I’m sold. Hopefully I can find some by the summer (my gin season).

Summer is usually my gin season as well, but the other evening I opened the fridge and saw that there was still a bottle of gin with enough for one G&T but not enough for two ... and since I’m moving in a few weeks it’d be silly to move the bottle with so little in it. That was one strong G&T 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom