Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Electrical-Water-Pageant_Full_40168.jpg

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I love that they use old school C9’s.
I love this. It’s like they literally took old MK Xmas lights and threw them on a mesh screen on a barge with an outboard and called it a show. The same show that’s lasted almost 50 years already.

Meanwhile at Epcot harmonious....

Todays imagineers could learn something from the way things used to be done.

JoeCamel

I love this. It’s like they literally took old MK Xmas lights and threw them on a mesh screen on a barge with an outboard and called it a show. The same show that’s lasted almost 50 years already.

With the rise of screens people expect more. We like it the old way but progress is a cruel price

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
With the rise of screens people expect more. We like it the old way but progress is a cruel price
It’s not the technology, it’s how you use it and the humbleness that was part of what imagineering was. Bigger Brighter More IP and More technologies don’t make a better product.

The imagineers of the past had limitations and overcame them because they understood that story was important, not how big of an black metal taco you could build to stick in the middle of WS lagoon.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

the Early imagineers didn’t have the technology they do today but yet they could make shows so simple but keep the audience from start to finish with no footage or graphics. They were well put together along with the soundtracks. Also take notice how long these shows actually lasted and how short lived many replacements are. They could have went to the local hardware store on a 100 dollar budget and make a great attraction on the car ride back to the parks. They could have built Harmonious in 82 but they chose not to and may discover it was for a good reason. Reflections of earth was at least impressively crafted. They went from a barge that powered itself with continent shape screens on a giant gyroscope that happens to open and reveal a torch. These are just giant screens that stand still and are hooked up to an outside power source.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
the Early imagineers didn’t have the technology they do today but yet they could make shows so simple but keep the audience from start to finish with no footage or graphics. They were well put together along with the soundtracks. They could have built Harmonious in 82 but they chose not to and may discover it was for a good reason. Reflections of earth was at least impressively crafted. They went from a barge that powered itself with continent shape screens on a giant gyroscope that happens to open and reveal a torch. These are just giant screens that stand still and are hooked up to an outside power source.
Tell it

brb1006

It’s not the technology, it’s how you use it and the humbleness that was part of what imagineering was. Bigger Brighter More IP and More technologies don’t make a better product.

The imagineers of the past had limitations and overcame them because they understood that story was important, not how big of an black metal taco you could build to stick in the middle of WS lagoon.
You mean soon to be three metal tacos in the WS lagoon.

jrhwdw

I get the point, I do. But I don't think something like EWP would fly(no pun) in WSL after the Perfection of ROE.

celluloid

Very well said. And they thought about impact in a different way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom