News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

Movielover

Oh, They had worse.....
1b527-photo6.jpg
At least those are the "full dinosaurs"...

That raptor is just pathetic. It could "could" work on a theater stage where the performer in black disappears but in broad daylight, heck no. Uni figured it out way better!

Cmdr_Crimson

At least those are the "full dinosaurs"...

That raptor is just pathetic. It could "could" work on a theater stage where the performer in black disappears but in broad daylight, heck no. Uni figured it out way better!
It's surprising to see it was the same raptor costume repainted but, with a chest and leg covering until they updated it to the JW raptors..
70d29b4e52b8af630de2f53774cebdcc.jpg

CJR

Interesting. Certainly, some sort of show will eventually be presented in that amphitheater. They want the park open again at night at some point (perhaps 2022).

Keep in mind, the park was open at night this past fall, since it gets dark so early in the winter. I think it's unlikely we'll see anything this year, of course. Then again, it's something cheap they can do for the 50th if things are looking good for the fall.

dennis-in-ct

Are there any murmurs of a new show in the works for NEMO?
I read that the NEMO show is also permanently closed?

So sad for rivers of light. We thought it was Beautiful!

JohnD

Are there any murmurs of a new show in the works for NEMO?
I read that the NEMO show is also permanently closed?

So sad for rivers of light. We thought it was Beautiful!
Don’t know. It’s a great show. It’s closed mostly because of the configuration of the theater doesn’t allow for social distancing. (FOTLK is more open and will open in a reconfigured status over the summer). Let’s hope that, after vaccine rollout reaching acceptable levels, it can re-open.

fbp

This is the first I'm seeing of RoL being closed permanently and I'm sad. I thought the show was amazing the first time I saw it. The next time I saw it many elements were cut (dancers, pre show entertainment, lighting) and it wasn't nearly as much fun.

Perhaps there is still a glimmer of hope it will come back, or at least that something will. The amphitheater is already there.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Don’t know. It’s a great show. It’s closed mostly because of the configuration of the theater doesn’t allow for social distancing. (FOTLK is more open and will open in a reconfigured status over the summer). Let’s hope that, after vaccine rollout reaching acceptable levels, it can re-open.
I, too, hope Nemo reopens. Disney misses the mark on a lot of shows (for me, at least) so Nemo isn't one that needs to go away... It's not a show that can be classified as "dated" for a very long time given how it was designed.

Christhegr8

I like the theme of Dinoland, as if it were a traveling carnival and this ride did fit perfectly within that theme. I’m prob one of the few people who like the ride, but I am with the idea of taking it away but I think they should try an entirely new idea for dinoland. As if they need another major time consuming project. It would great if it could all be like the ride Dinosaur except not just the ride, the whole area with new rides

Christhegr8

This is the first I'm seeing of RoL being closed permanently and I'm sad. I thought the show was amazing the first time I saw it. The next time I saw it many elements were cut (dancers, pre show entertainment, lighting) and it wasn't nearly as much fun.

Perhaps there is still a glimmer of hope it will come back, or at least that something will. The amphitheater is already there.
When they opened rivers of light I was excited. It’s a great setting for a show and when they started staying open at night it was a good addition in theory. But I was not blown away by it as many were. I feel it could’ve been bigger and better. I’m sure somewhere down the line they will create an epic show to replace it.

Christhegr8

Nobody likes change, especially WDW enthusiasts. I have been going for many years like everyone posting in here. When they started making bigger changes I was excited because even though I was attached to the rides I went on, I could see that a lot of characters and movies were not represented in the parks. I also felt that technology was being under used do to the age of the rides and areas. That being said I always feel that they could do more and these rides and shows along with others aren’t the most popular. I always thought Epcot was a lot of wasted space (mission space, the land, test track, Nemo) and they could do better and I am glad they are changing and adding new stuff. So I hope they add something to tomorrow land as stitch was a hole. I feel like they should’ve added wreck it Ralph or wall-e somehow. Sorry to ramble. Lastly the changes that I will be sad about are splash mountain and the rose garden path they took away at magic kingdom as I proposed to my wife down there.

Bocabear

Nobody likes change, especially WDW enthusiasts. I have been going for many years like everyone posting in here. When they started making bigger changes I was excited because even though I was attached to the rides I went on, I could see that a lot of characters and movies were not represented in the parks. I also felt that technology was being under used do to the age of the rides and areas. That being said I always feel that they could do more and these rides and shows along with others aren’t the most popular. I always thought Epcot was a lot of wasted space (mission space, the land, test track, Nemo) and they could do better and I am glad they are changing and adding new stuff. So I hope they add something to tomorrow land as stitch was a hole. I feel like they should’ve added wreck it Ralph or wall-e somehow. Sorry to ramble. Lastly the changes that I will be sad about are splash mountain and the rose garden path they took away at magic kingdom as I proposed to my wife down there.
I am not concerned with as much of the change as I am with the fact that things go away and are never replaced... and the quality of what they are being replaced with seems to be dwindling. They have let the parks languish for a long time...some more than others... Then when they do finally add attractions, in most cases they are still below the amount of attractions they once had...
And with the parks now becoming more and more crowded...and more attractions closed and fewer and sub-par replacements... It's becoming a bit of a mess

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They did a show featuring the live action version of Jungle Book that was performed for a short period of time so how bad could it be if they continued that tradition. I myself never saw it but I read that it got great reviews and that many liked it more than Rivers of Light.
Alive with Magic was panned.

There’d be a certain irony introducing a show about dragons into this park now wouldn’t there.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
They did a show featuring the live action version of Jungle Book that was performed for a short period of time so how bad could it be if they continued that tradition. I myself never saw it but I read that it got great reviews and that many liked it more than Rivers of Light.
You can relive it here

TTA94

Wild guess that a RoL replacement will be next on WDWs agenda after the Harmonious?

Needs to be what it should have been in the first place, which was a WoC type show. But I get it that would create challenges. Total guess but they would probably have to block off that section from the rest of the river and rebuild it. If that’s even possible.

Or just go the route that they should have done at Epcot with a bunch of flat barges with fountains all over them, mist screens, flame throwers, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom