Flamingo Crossing Retail Center

DCBaker

Premium Member
Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 4.42.09 PM.png

"Walt Disney World is adding even more retail and dining options to its much-anticipated Flamingo Crossings Town Center project in west Orange County.

The theme park revealed nine more tenants lined up for the 200,000-square-foot retail hub. The center is already expected to be anchored by a Target store, as well as various nearby hotels to accommodate travelers of all types. The theme park giant also shared new renderings.

Here are the new tenants announced:
  • Wendy’s
  • Five Below
  • Domino’s
  • Ellie Lou’s Brews & BBQ
  • Firehouse Sub
  • Persimmon Hollow Brewing Co.
  • Pieology Pizzeria
  • Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ
  • UPS store
"These brands will join a stellar lineup of previously announced shops and restaurants including Target, which will serve as the primary anchor, PDQ, Five Guys, Ben & Jerry’s and Dunkin’. Walgreens is also currently under construction on an outparcel," said Disney, via a release."

ptaylor

Premium Member
View attachment 518807

"Walt Disney World is adding even more retail and dining options to its much-anticipated Flamingo Crossings Town Center project in west Orange County.

The theme park revealed nine more tenants lined up for the 200,000-square-foot retail hub. The center is already expected to be anchored by a Target store, as well as various nearby hotels to accommodate travelers of all types. The theme park giant also shared new renderings.

• Wendy’s
  • Five Below
  • Domino’s
  • Firehouse Sub
  • Pieology Pizzeria
  • Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ
  • UPS store
"These brands will join a stellar lineup of previously announced shops and restaurants including Target, which will serve as the primary anchor, PDQ, Five Guys, Ben & Jerry’s and Dunkin’. Walgreens is also currently under construction on an outparcel," said Disney, via a release."

Wow this is a lack luster line-up. I appreciate at this point they are desperate for any tenants, but this is disappointing.

JoeCamel

View attachment 518807

• Wendy’s
  • Five Below
  • Domino’s
  • Firehouse Sub
  • Pieology Pizzeria
  • Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ
  • UPS store

Did they bother hopping over to 192? Yeah, I thought not.......

maxairmike

Wow this is a lack luster line-up. I appreciate at this point they are desperate for any tenants, but this is disappointing.

It's just Crossroads West with hotels, and that's all it was ever going to be, even without the CP housing. Don't know why anyone expected anything else since it's outside the "gates." Within a few years of full commercial buildout (maybe even before) it will be de-annexed from RCID and the land ownership group (Flamingo Crossings LLC or something like that) will likely either be "spun off" and no longer be a part of Disney ownership or the land and development sold off completely. Disney owned and developed Crossroads as well and people don't complain about that because it hasn't been owned by Disney in years and no one remembers that it was Disney who developed it to sell off in the first place.

techgeek

It’s not for you...it’s an internment camp for college and international program.

A bad idea that somehow didn’t get axed.

I mean, some of this is a little upscale for your typical CP crowd... but yet not really upscale enough to make it any sort of destination in and of itself, especially when all the same stuff is right there 192.

It’s definitely still kind of a head-scratcher, but I guess once Target signed on everyone figured the math works somehow.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I mean, some of this is a little upscale for your typical CP crowd... but yet not really upscale enough to make it any sort of destination in and of itself, especially when all the same stuff is right there 192.

It’s definitely still kind of a head-scratcher, but I guess once Target signed on everyone figured the math works somehow.

It’s just an attempt to collect some fees that normally bleed off the property and provide housing for their indentured servitude.

I’m usually cynical...but this isn’t it. It is what it is.

GymLeaderPhil

I’m happy that those in the College Program won’t be spread out all over the already congested roadways. It’s a good use of the Flamingo Crossings land to have them directly adjacent while also throwing in some convenient retail/dining options for them.

It’s also a big plus that those staying on property have a more grocery option than venturing off onto the potentially seedy areas of 535/192.

There’s also a great collection of upcoming local Orlando options thrown in here, not just chains. I’m great for what it is.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m happy that those in the College Program won’t be spread out all over the already congested roadways. It’s a good use of the Flamingo Crossings land to have them directly adjacent while also throwing in some convenient retail/dining options for them.

It’s also a big plus that those staying on property have a more grocery option than venturing off onto the potentially seedy areas of 535/192.

There’s also a great collection of upcoming local Orlando options thrown in here, not just chains. I’m great for what it is.

I don’t like the development...but I agree with you that there are some advantages.

I don’t consider 192/535 “seedy” however. It’s just how Florida is when it’s all minimum wage service/tourism jobs. It is what it is.

Better keep that Walgreens well stocked...is all i’m Saying. 😉

GymLeaderPhil

I don’t like the development...but I agree with you that there are some advantages.

I don’t consider 192/535 “seedy” however. It’s just how Florida is when it’s all minimum wage service/tourism jobs. It is what it is.

Better keep that Walgreens well stocked...is all i’m Saying. 😉
There are definitely upstanding/reputable businesses along the tourist corridors. The timeshare touting ticket resellers, overpriced gasoline, and huge tacky generic standalone gift shops are mostly what I’m angling at. Definitely not at the level of north International Drive, but there are pockets of sleazy operations trying to scam travelers.

Disney would much rather control a gentrified version of it rather than have potentially profit-sucking neighbors devalue people’s thoughts on visiting Orlando. Here’s hoping this goes better than Crossroads!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There are definitely upstanding/reputable businesses along the tourist corridors. The timeshare touting ticket resellers, overpriced gasoline, and huge tacky generic standalone gift shops are mostly what I’m angling at. Definitely not at the level of north International Drive, but there are pockets of sleazy operations trying to scam travelers.

Disney would much rather control a gentrified version of it rather than have potentially profit-sucking neighbors devalue people’s thoughts on visiting Orlando. Here’s hoping this goes better than Crossroads!

I think that’s to be expected when $0.90 on your dollar comes from travel.

Crossroads was ok back in the day when Tiger Woods was hanging out behind Perkins...I saw Shaq there once.

But the prices were always redonkulous.

There was an Irish bar there...Grady o’sheas?? I think.

Good times had by all

Tom Morrow

It seems to me like the goal was to create this little retail village primarily for the College Program that was supposed to be filling up those buildings. As it always has been, the CP kids who don't bring their own car have a very limited experience in Orlando vs. those who do. This would give them a much better setup within walking distance than the existing CP housing locations do.

At the same time, this area is so isolated from other stuff. I mean yes 192 is a mile south, but still, a CP spent living here would be quite different than the old locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom