WDW while pregnant during covid! Help

xostarlene

Hi! I'm new here but I was wondering if anyone had any stories of recent trips they may have taken while pregnant or know of someone who was.

We recently found out we are expecting and have a trip planned for the first week of November. By that point I'll be about 16-17 weeks and I know the thrill/fast-paced attractions are a big no but there's still so much I can do to enjoy the trip! Covid is really my only concern. I feel like mentally I need the trip but I'm looking for a little reassurance. We'll be coming in from out of state on a 3 hour flight at most.

Are there any expecting moms who have been during this time? Have you felt safe? I know the parks appear to be doing literally everything they can to keep things clean and running safely which is comforting. Thank you in advance! 🥰

RememberWhen

First, congratulations!!
I haven’t been recently during covid, but have been while pregnant with both my kids. A friend said their OB told them that being pregnant wasn’t higher risk, but that the symptoms could be more severe if she did catch it while pregnant. So she’s not high-risk, per se.
If it was me, I would ask my Dr/midwife/health person. Then I would weigh what I really want and what makes sense and make a decision. While it seems like Disney is doing all the right things, crowds are ramping up and it’s those other people you need to worry about.
It’s a hard call. Good luck!

Upvote 0

xostarlene

Original Poster
First, congratulations!!
I haven’t been recently during covid, but have been while pregnant with both my kids. A friend said their OB told them that being pregnant wasn’t higher risk, but that the symptoms could be more severe if she did catch it while pregnant. So she’s not high-risk, per se.
If it was me, I would ask my Dr/midwife/health person. Then I would weigh what I really want and what makes sense and make a decision. While it seems like Disney is doing all the right things, crowds are ramping up and it’s those other people you need to worry about.
It’s a hard call. Good luck!

Thank you for your response! It's definitely something I completely planned on discussing with my midwife. It's completely not my intent to deliberately create a risk. I'm just trying to find a bit of an escape from the stress and covid blues I've been dealing with and Disney is totally my happy place. Thank you so much! ❤

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Thank you for your response! It's definitely something I completely planned on discussing with my midwife. It's completely not my intent to deliberately create a risk. I'm just trying to find a bit of an escape from the stress and covid blues I've been dealing with and Disney is totally my happy place. Thank you so much! ❤
I totally hear the need for an escape! Everything is hard right now. Sometimes you just have to make a call and go with it. If you choose to go, go and have a good time and enjoy yourself while taking precautions. If you choose to wait, that’s ok too. I wish you all the best for a safe, happy and healthy pregnancy!

Upvote 0

xostarlene

Original Poster
I totally hear the need for an escape! Everything is hard right now. Sometimes you just have to make a call and go with it. If you choose to go, go and have a good time and enjoy yourself while taking precautions. If you choose to wait, that’s ok too. I wish you all the best for a safe, happy and healthy pregnancy!

Thank you!! If there's any tips you have for the parks when pregnant than I'm all ears! I will be about 17 weeks by then.

Upvote 0

Wendy Pleakley

This is a question I you should ultimately be asking your doctor, not an internet discussion board.

If you're looking for "a little assurance" I'm sure you'll find it, Disney does appear to be safe right now. If you've made a decision and just want some strangers on the internet to tell you "it's okay", you'll get that. Do you think random comments on the internet are relevant as to whether or not you should go to Disney World right now?

Most of us want some sort of escape right now. I had two trips planned in 2020 that both had to be cancelled. Going to Walt Disney World sounds great right now.

Personally, I've debated it. Flying carries a 1 in 4300 chance of contracting COVID per a recent article (1 in 7000 if middle seats are blocked off). With temperature checks, social distancing, and mandatory masks Disney appears to be safer than visiting the mall. I could justify visiting WDW based on an assessment of my personal risk. Adding a pregnancy to the mix is a whole other can of worms of course.

I'm not judging anyone who has visited the theme parks or other places. I've been to public places during COVID, being as safe as possible. I've minimized social outings, but not stopped them completely.

Do I think an optional trip to Disney World is a good idea right now? Do I think visiting while pregnant is a good idea? My answers to those questions are irrelevant. This is something for you to decide, and I stand by my original statement. Ask medical professionals, not us.

Upvote 0

xostarlene

Original Poster
This is a question I you should ultimately be asking your doctor, not an internet discussion board.

If you're looking for "a little assurance" I'm sure you'll find it, Disney does appear to be safe right now. If you've made a decision and just want some strangers on the internet to tell you "it's okay", you'll get that. Do you think random comments on the internet are relevant as to whether or not you should go to Disney World right now?

Most of us want some sort of escape right now. I had two trips planned in 2020 that both had to be cancelled. Going to Walt Disney World sounds great right now.

Personally, I've debated it. Flying carries a 1 in 4300 chance of contracting COVID per a recent article (1 in 7000 if middle seats are blocked off). With temperature checks, social distancing, and mandatory masks Disney appears to be safer than visiting the mall. I could justify visiting WDW based on an assessment of my personal risk. Adding a pregnancy to the mix is a whole other can of worms of course.

I'm not judging anyone who has visited the theme parks or other places. I've been to public places during COVID, being as safe as possible. I've minimized social outings, but not stopped them completely.

Do I think an optional trip to Disney World is a good idea right now? Do I think visiting while pregnant is a good idea? My answers to those questions are irrelevant. This is something for you to decide, and I stand by my original statement. Ask medical professionals, not us.

I understand. Ultimately it's something to discuss with my doctor and that's the deciding factor.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

You should go for it. What's the worst that could happen . . .

803147-Mira-Grant-Quote-Never-tempt-fate-It-plays-for-keeps.jpg

Upvote 0

KeithVH

1598725950572.png

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We did DLP while DW was 6 mo along, and she tired pretty easily, so I would just caution you to expect to tire out early, build in plenty of breaks, stay mindful of your endurance, and keep hydrated. Also, November can be cool, but it can also be quite warm. If you're from a cool-to-temperate state, be prepared for hot weather or cool-to-cold.

Upvote 0

ELG13

While not pregnant we do have a newborn along with a 6 and 9 yo. I'm begging my husband to agree to a short 3 night trip in December for my bday with the older kids. He's not real keen on it because money close to Christmas but also because ive been so strict about where we go and what we do since March. Only a handful of people have met baby because so many others seem to have forgotten there's a pandemic. So he thinks it's a little hypocritical that I want to go on a trip to Disney. I had a 9 week hospitalization prior to the birth. We have been locked DOWN since March. Grocery store, target etc. No dining out or anything. I need an escape. I told him Disney is the safest place we could probably go right now. Hes still on the fence but he does think they've done a great job. He's been researching it and seems to be more wrapped up in the money aspect. The baby would be staying with my mom though. I totally get needing an escape.

Upvote 0

Brijenks

Hello,
Did you end up going?
I’m in a difficult situation where I’m ready to try to get pregnant but will be going to Disney in the spring. I’m stressed over Covid with being pregnant.

Upvote 0

macefamily

There are many "slow" rides at Disney that you can enjoy. Please don't do any roller coasters or bumpy rides. Also, if you plan on being on your feet for a long day, please rent a scooter. Be as comfortable as possible. Enjoy all of the great Disney food for you and your baby.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

There are many "slow" rides at Disney that you can enjoy. Please don't do any roller coasters or bumpy rides. Also, if you plan on being on your feet for a long day, please rent a scooter. Be as comfortable as possible. Enjoy all of the great Disney food for you and your baby.
It's not the rides but the Covid that is the issue. I would not take the chance of risking my baby just do go to WDW for a few days. WDW will still be there in a couple of years. You would never forgive yourself if you were pregnant and contracted Covid while on vacation that caused issues with your baby.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom