News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Giss Neric

I’m not saying I have a solution, but visiting for multiple days with a park hopper, I knew if I didn’t get a reservation I could try the next day. To have only one possible shot on a 4 day 4 park ($$$) Disney vacation seems particularly cruel.
I mean you have 2 chances per day. Guest Experiences team are very generous (if you're pleasant to talk to) to give everyone in your party a group even if you mistakenly booked only yourself.

I have never failed to board a group. I just make sure to update the app beforehand, close/shutdown all apps in your phone and only the Disney app is opened. It works fine.

TrainsOfDisney

I mean you have 2 chances per day. Guest Experiences team are very generous (if you're pleasant to talk to) to give everyone in your party a group even if you mistakenly booked only yourself.

I have never failed to board a group. I just make sure to update the app beforehand, close/shutdown all apps in your phone and only the Disney app is opened. It works fine.
well obviously everyone who tries to get a BG isn’t getting one.

Giss Neric

well obviously everyone who tries to get a BG isn’t getting one.
I know the process is too stressful and there should be a better and fair way but we have to deal it's current state now. Also most people lack research too, as always. I have gotten tips by watching multiple theme park vloggers. Most if not all of them, small and huge followings, local APs and out of state folks from California etc. always books a group 100% whenever they go the parks to vlog it. It goes to show that they mastered their own booking strategies and I have applied these strategies which benefited me also. Maybe casual visitors/first time visitors should watch vlogs if they don't wanna research through websites or social media just saying.

TrainsOfDisney

I know the process is too stressful and there should be a better and fair way but we have to deal it's current state now. Also most people lack research too, as always. I have gotten tips by watching multiple theme park vloggers. Most if not all of them, small and huge followings, local APs and out of state folks from California etc. always books a group 100% whenever they go the parks to vlog it. It goes to show that they mastered their own booking strategies and I have applied these strategies which benefited me also. Maybe casual visitors/first time visitors should watch vlogs if they don't wanna research through websites or social media just saying.
I have no clue what point you are trying to make. No matter how much research people do, more people will try to get a BG in the first 5 minutes than will be able to get one.

Dapale

EDIT: Service unfortunately down completely right now

Not to put @DCBaker out of work, but I was inspired by his constant posts of VQ / BG distribution times.

I made an API site that is free to use w/o limitations (lets keep it that way by not slamming it with requests) that contains information about:
- Next BG distribution time
- Last BG distribution duration (how long it took groups to run out for the last distribution time)
- Current groups being boarded
- The "status" of the attraction (boarding, down, closed) [this is estimated: if no group is called for > 20 mins, the system considers Rise down]

This data is auto-updated every 30 seconds:

I also have data that is stored per-day of every "event" that occurs in relation to boarding groups:
- Boarding begins
- Downtime begins
- Group called
- VQ distribution closed (so you can see every day's VQ distribution times)

Replace the last part of the URL with the date you are searching (must contains 0s for non double-digit numbers [ex. 01-03-2021])

*Please note this is in the form of raw data so it may not be the easiest to read / understand. I might give it a bit of style if I have the time in the future
**I just got this up and running a day ago, so the data only begins from 12/03/2020.
***Boarding group distribution durations are usually with 0.1 - 0.3 seconds of their actual closing time
****At the end of the day, the system will always consider the ride going "down" until I get more information about park closing times implemented

Let me know what you guys think! :)

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I’m not saying that.

Multiply the HORC by park hours.
Hmm... I respect you a lot, I’m getting a weird vibe from your replies to me, hopefully I didn’t say something to annoy you.

I’m not exactly following the point you were trying to make regarding the VQ / BG situation but that’s ok. Maybe I need more coffee. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom