News Fit2Run making a return to Disney Springs

ppete1975

I never understood this store. I went there for the wine and dine marathon and assumed it would have those trinkets you can put on your shoe laces with mickeys face, or mickey mouse themed tshirts, or something disney or worst case florida. Instead if i was transported into this store magically, i would have no idea i was in disney springs, let alone florida.

mf1972

we used to go to that store during every trip we made to wdw & discovered ON sneakersz little pricey, but 1 of the best pairs we ever bought in our opinion. nice to see it’s coming back.

LastoneOn

I never understood this store. I went there for the wine and dine marathon and assumed it would have those trinkets you can put on your shoe laces with mickeys face, or mickey mouse themed tshirts, or something disney or worst case florida. Instead if i was transported into this store magically, i would have no idea i was in disney springs, let alone florida.
Simple: its a store that sells running gear. Its not a Disney store.

ppete1975

Simple: its a store that sells running gear. Its not a Disney store.
but why pay that rent in that location if you arent going to utilize why you are there. Yes it is in a good location during the running events, and there are people who are runners that might drop in while on vacation. And it might be as simple as they dont have an agreement with Disney to do it, but if they could thats leaving tons of money on the floor.
I know if i had any kind of store in disney springs i would be doing everything i could to leverage the mouse.

sfmichaelo1

I don't think Disney and Las Vegas has hit the mark yet on what type of retail stores they should have yet. I think they need more one of a kind stores not just all large name brand stores that you kind at every mall. They need unique stores that you can't find everywhere.

Rteetz

I don't think Disney and Las Vegas has hit the mark yet on what type of retail stores they should have yet. I think they need more one of a kind stores not just all large name brand stores that you kind at every mall. They need unique stores that you can't find everywhere.
My mall does not have a Fit2Run style store. They have shoe stores sure but not a running store. Two different things. As an avid runDisney person I was sort of disappointed when this left the first time.

Vegas Disney Fan

While I don’t disagree, the problem in tourist areas like the Strip and Disney Springs is most specialty stores simply can’t afford the sky high rent.

I live in Vegas and we have tons of unique stores, you just won’t find many of them near the Strip because they can’t afford it. I’d guess the same is true of Orlando, likely a lot of unique stores, just not in the tourist hotspots.

MrPromey

This is a great re-addition to Springs. I know several runners for rD weekends that either lost their shoes, forgot their shoes, socks, etc and needed something last minute.
That makes sense for about ten days out of the year. Just wondering about the other 355...

If they can afford the rent, I guess there must be a big enough market for this very specific niche store to exist year-round, though. 🤷‍♂️

ppete1975

This is a great re-addition to Springs. I know several runners for rD weekends that either lost their shoes, forgot their shoes, socks, etc and needed something last minute.
i didnt even think about lost luggage!! I cant imagine how bad running a marathon would be in brand new shoes that may or may not be right for your feet (hard to tell before you put miles in), especially if you are a serious runner.

Rteetz

That makes sense for about ten days out of the year. Just wondering about the other 355...

If they can afford the rent, I guess there must be a big enough market for this very specific niche store to exist year-round, though. 🤷‍♂️
People enjoy fitness and recreation. Running is part of that. Sure they have Under Armor but this offers more options especially for someone running focused. Under Armor is not the greatest running brand but rather a good general athletic brand. I see this less problematic than some of the other stores in Disney Springs...

LastoneOn

but why pay that rent in that location if you arent going to utilize why you are there. Yes it is in a good location during the running events, and there are people who are runners that might drop in while on vacation. And it might be as simple as they dont have an agreement with Disney to do it, but if they could thats leaving tons of money on the floor.
I know if i had any kind of store in disney springs i would be doing everything i could to leverage the mouse.

So should all the restaurants feature Disney food?? Look at all the money they're leaving on the floor by not selling Disney chicken fingers, cupcakes, etc.

LastoneOn

You know that Disney Springs is accessible to the locals right?
And yeah, its their business. I guess they like what they're doing there or they wouldn't do it.
But the last thing I'd want to see there is ANOTHER Disney merchandise store. How much overpriced crap do you want to buy?

LastoneOn

i didnt even think about lost luggage!! I cant imagine how bad running a marathon would be in brand new shoes that may or may not be right for your feet (hard to tell before you put miles in), especially if you are a serious runner.
You carry what you're racing with on the plane with you. shoes, socks, shorts whatever.

If the new shoes are a different brand that would be worse case. They all have different lasts/foot beds, builds, fit etc. If I could go in a buy the same model, or at least similar from the same brand, chances are the shoes wouldn't be a problem. There are shoe makers that change things all the time - looking at you Merrell! - and that's maddening. Others hold the most popular models steady for many years.

MrPromey

You know that Disney Springs is accessible to the locals right?
And yeah, its their business. I guess they like what they're doing there or they wouldn't do it.
But the last thing I'd want to see there is ANOTHER Disney merchandise store. How much overpriced crap do you want to buy?

Like I said, if they can afford the rent, there must be a big enough market... or were you just rehashing what I said to make some sort of point? 🙄

And as a local, I'm aware we are allowed in but thanks for the tip! 👍

LastoneOn

Like I said, if they can afford the rent, there must be a big enough market... or were you just rehashing what I said to make some sort of point? 🙄

And as a local, I'm aware we are allowed in but thanks for the tip! 👍
Oh good. Now I know who to ask about stuff outside of WDW.

MrPromey

Oh good. Now I know who to ask about stuff outside of WDW.

In any event, in my entirely anecdotal experience, locals aren't reliably good for a whole lot in Disney Springs besides alcohol and Disney merch (probably) headed for Ebay. Even here on these forums, you'll find that many of the locals that claim to frequent the shopping area, like to go there, have a few drinks and people watch and not a whole lot more.

We go for stuff that's exclusive to that area and not much more because dealing with the crowds and the setup just isn't worth it to us on a regular basis. It looks nice. it looks clean but I've got easier movie theaters to go to when the world isn't ending and a lot of that stuff isn't unique enough to make the hassle worth it.

I'd think if they were catering to locals as a decent part of their business, they'd be more likely to be somewhere else where the rent would be cheaper and more locals would be likely to shop with a popup store or booth during events either there or at Wide World of Sports.

That would lead me to assume (possibly falsely) that they do in fact get a good chunk of year-round tourist business. This surprises me but a lot of things surprise me.

... Like if you told me I'd be working from home full time eight months ago or that toilet paper would become an on-again-off-again aftermarket industry I'd have looked at you like you were crazy. 🤷‍♂️

LastoneOn

In any event, in my entirely anecdotal experience, locals aren't reliably good for a whole lot in Disney Springs besides alcohol and Disney merch (probably) headed for Ebay. Even here on these forums, you'll find that many of the locals that claim to frequent the shopping area, like to go there, have a few drinks and people watch and not a whole lot more.

We go for stuff that's exclusive to that area and not much more because dealing with the crowds and the setup just isn't worth it to us on a regular basis. It looks nice. it looks clean but I've got easier movie theaters to go to when the world isn't ending and a lot of that stuff isn't unique enough to make the hassle worth it.

I'd think if they were catering to locals as a decent part of their business, they'd be more likely to be somewhere else where the rent would be cheaper and more locals would be likely to shop with a popup store or booth during events either there or at Wide World of Sports.

That would lead me to assume (possibly falsely) that they do in fact get a good chunk of year-round tourist business. This surprises me but a lot of things surprise me.

... Like if you told me I'd be working from home full time eight months ago or that toilet paper would become an on-again-off-again aftermarket industry I'd have looked at you like you were crazy. 🤷‍♂️
We're cool. just yaking
Do you think permanent security will make it too much of a hassle, drive away the local "run in and get" sort of thing? Discourage the casual visit?

Toilet paper lol crazy
Told a guy I built a shed to store mine, he thought I was serious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom