Waterpark in April??

ELG13

Last I heard we werent sure which one would be open (but its been a while since I looked). Covid aside, is a waterpark in April feesable? Or is it still a touch too cold? I know how much Florida weather can fluctuate since we live in the panhandle but south florida is a different animal even more so. We have an extra day and we normally would do a waterpark but that is for our sept/Oct trips.

JIMINYCR

WDW April will have temps usually in the low 80s. If water parks open, which has been targeted for March, by April you should find the water parks enjoyable. You can still possibly have some days where the air temps maybe cooler. My DS was in the resort pools in Feb., I stuck to the hot tubs.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
WDW April will have temps usually in the low 80s. If water parks open, which has been targeted for March, by April you should find the water parks enjoyable. You can still possibly have some days where the air temps maybe cooler. My DS was in the resort pools in Feb., I stuck to the hot tubs.
Resort pools are heated correct? is the water at the water park heated as well?

Upvote 0

Wendy Pleakley

It's really personal preference. I visited Volcano Bay last year, early Jan or late Feb. 62 degrees or so was the cutoff where they closed the water parks if temps were lower than that. Coming from the North, I found it adequately warm to go to a water park.

Attendance was next to nothing, so clearly a lot of people felt otherwise.

Upvote 0

macefamily

Another suggestion would be to try Discovery Cove. It's only about 10 minutes from Universal. They supply wet suits and all of the equipment for the day to snorkel. You also get a great breakfast and lunch along with all you can drink Budweiser products. We did it one time when the morning temps were in the 50's, but the wetsuits and water temps made it very comfortable. It's not cheap, but an absolute memorable experience.

Upvote 0

tommcp516

I realize that your original question was about the feasibility of going to a waterpark in April, but I noticed over on the Permits thread in the News & Rumor board that several permits for work over at Blizzard Beach were submitted on December 7--so if I were a betting man I'd say that was the one waterpark that they're aiming to open by March...

12/7/2020

ANIMAL KINGDOM
950 WERIKHE WY(GORILLA BLDG 20) - Electrical Work

BLIZZARD BEACH
1588 W BUENA VISTA DR(BLIZZARD BEACH SLUSH GUSHER) - General Construction
1582 W BUENA VISTA DR(BLIZZARD BEACH TOBOGGAN RACER SLIDES) - General Construction
1574 W BUENA VISTA DR(BLIZZARD BEACH SNOW STORMERS SLIDES) - General Construction
1570 W BUENA VISTA DR(BLIZZARD BEACH DOUBLE DIPPER WATER SLIDE) - General Construction
1558 W BUENA VISTA DR(BLIZZARD BEACH TIKES PEAK) - General Construction

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom