Best roller coaster in Walt Disney World?

Best ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Best ride that is a roller coaster in WDW? Explain why it's the best.
I didn't include TRON or Guardians as they both haven't opened yet but I imagine they'll become the best and be tied with a certain one in the lineup.
I also included Primeval Whirl even though it's not open currently, just wanted to include every coaster.

The Barnstormer
The Barnstormer Attraction at Magic Kingdom | Walt Disney World Resort

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad | Walt Disney World Resort

Expedition Everest
Expedition Everest | Animal Kingdom Attractions | Walt Disney World Resort

Primeval Whirl
84761769_10157996988979866_6404116651486216192_o-600x450.jpg

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith is a ride you won't want to miss!

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Facilities

Slinky Dog Dash
Slinky Dog Dash Roller Coaster at Toy Story Land | Walt Disney World Resort

Space Mountain
Space Mountain | Walt Disney World Resort

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
From a thrill seeker's view... RnRC.
Gives that tickle in your tummy feeling and has Aerosmith... What more could you want lol.

However 7DMT is the best when you have the whole family.
My mom hates roller coasters and skinned her knees while bracing on BTMRR before I was born and had never been on one again until 7DMT in 2017. I will never forget that once in a lifetime experience.

Sbk1234

Best and favorite may be two different things. But MY favorite is Big Thunder Mountain. For me, it's definitely the theming. I just feel transported to another time and place. Also, for me, I can't physically handle too rough of a ride for health reasons, so several roller coasters are totally off limits. For example, I can never ride Rock N Roller Coaster, due to its fast take off. That's one of the things I like about Big Thunder: it's not too rough. Fast enough that I can get a little thrill and adrenaline rush, but I don't have to worry about lethal results.

ppete1975

expedition everest, some of the best theming in any disney park (queue and ride). If you go on this ride blind not knowing anything, you are literally on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next, and the backwards section is great. I can ride it every day and never get tire.. or 5 times in a row... like i have done. Its also fairly long.
Second would be big thunder.

As far as disney parks. The only one that might beat both would be disney lands matterhorn, which due to covid i still havent ridden but from appearances and nostalgia.. it might win.

JIMINYCR

Expedition Everest has all others beat... even with a less than perfect Yeti. Fast, thrilling, lengthy ride, the backwards change, multiple twists that knock you about, and going from light to the dark cavernous chamber. A nice view from the top of the first summit overlooking the surrounding area. It has never failed to give me a moment of excitement and take my breath away.
Sure... we can continue to gripe eternally about the failed, disappointing, broken and probably never to be fixed Yeti AA, which was meant to add to the thrill, but that doesnt keep it from being a top notch coaster. EE rules.

Club Cooloholic

Usually I say Everest
expedition everest, some of the best theming in any disney park (queue and ride). If you go on this ride blind not knowing anything, you are literally on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next, and the backwards section is great. I can ride it every day and never get tire.. or 5 times in a row... like i have done. Its also fairly long.
Second would be big thunder.

As far as disney parks. The only one that might beat both would be disney lands matterhorn, which due to covid i still havent ridden but from appearances and nostalgia.. it might win.
Matterhorn would not win. It is a rough ride and not exactly thrilling. Like a macaron, it looks better than it actually is.

Last edited:

ppete1975

Expedition Everest has all others beat... even with a less than perfect Yeti. Fast, thrilling, lengthy ride, the backwards change, multiple twists that knock you about, and going from light to the dark cavernous chamber. A nice view from the top of the first summit overlooking the surrounding area. It has never failed to give me a moment of excitement and take my breath away.
Sure... we can continue to gripe eternally about the failed, disappointing, broken and probably never to be fixed Yeti AA, which was meant to add to the thrill, but that doesnt keep it from being a top notch coaster. EE rules.
i totally agree with you even if the yeti never existed it wins :) And at this point i think we just pretend that its working as it was supposed to, since most people prob view it that way.

JIMINYCR

i totally agree with you even if the yeti never existed it wins :) And at this point i think we just pretend that its working as it was supposed to, since most people prob view it that way.
I was fortunate to ride it shortly after it's opening, so got to experience a perfectly functioning Yeti. Since it broke, I've continued enjoying it. Theres so many elements to the attraction that gives pleasure. Thinking about it... the Yeti which was ... probably gave you 5 seconds of view anyway.

ppet

I definitely picked EE. A close second would be RnRRC. I have never understood the roughness arguments. I always feel that Space Mountain and BTRR are rougher. Maybe it has to do with body shape or size. 7DMT is smoothest in my opinion.

Sbk1234

I definitely picked EE. A close second would be RnRRC. I have never understood the roughness arguments. I always feel that Space Mountain and BTRR are rougher. Maybe it has to do with body shape or size. 7DMT is smoothest in my opinion.
My concerns about the roughness have to do with the way it starts off extremely fast (according to those who have ridden it, like my daughters.) Because of health issues, my heart can't take that kind of g-force. The ride itself may be relatively smooth on the track, but sadly, I'll never know.

ppet

My concerns about the roughness have to do with the way it starts off extremely fast (according to those who have ridden it, like my daughters.) Because of health issues, my heart can't take that kind of g-force. The ride itself may be relatively smooth on the track, but sadly, I'll never know.
Sorry to hear, My wife has some neck issues, but those can be countered by holding her head back against the seat for RnRRC. BTRR and SM both whip her neck around so that she can't ride.

Sbk1234

Sorry to hear, My wife has some neck issues, but those can be countered by holding her head back against the seat for RnRRC. BTRR and SM both whip her neck around so that she can't ride.
Thanks. That's kind of you. I'm pretty fine with it. I've never been a huge thrill ride guy, and Disney tends to have lots of tamer rides that I love, such as HM, POTC, and so on. The one I was really bummed about was Mission Space, since they took out my all time favorite attraction, and until they opened their slower version, I wouldn't have had any way to experience it. But even before my health issues, I've never been of the mindset that one has to be physically tortured to have a good time at an amusement park.

Club Cooloholic

I hope they try to jazz up the Tron coaster a little from what it is in Shanghai, it's a great ride but could use a little more something. Since Hagrids Moterbike Adventure opened, it really set a new bar in themed coasters, and Disney should try to step up to match it.

Goofyernmost

I went with 7DMT simply because it is a multi-tasker. Roller Coaster and dark ride. I have done RnRC a few times but I'm not overly fond of inversions. Everest is good, but I do not enjoy the back up. I've ridden BTM so many times that it is not all that impressive anymore. Space Mountain I rode once in Circa 1987, it was jerky even back then, I didn't really enjoy that now that I'm older and have had a few back problems I don't ride it anymore, but that is mostly because my joints (Knees mostly) makes it almost impossible to get up and out of the vehicle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom