Trip Report The (second) ONE with enhanced cleaning and (a little less) Physical Distancing. Sept 2020

How is everyone doing out there???

A little background on this trip. This trip was origionally booked as a Food and Wine/Birthday girls getaway with two of my friends. We booked The Poly at 7 months Thursday through Sunday. (One friend’s bday was Thurs, the other was Sunday! Sooooo perfect!!!)
Buuuuut, they are both teachers and were not allowed to go. (Read that again. Not Allowed☹️)
I had the reservation and I wanted to go. My friend, R and I had a trip in April we had canceled. We had rescheduled for October to do a Halloween party (Nope!) and a DVC moonlight madness (Nope again). Then, she lost her job😞 so she came back to work with me. Her Mom, Gpa and Uncle own the business.
“Hey R, want to go to Disney in September instead?”
“Yeah!”
“Should we add a night? I still have 18 points I can use.”
“Yeah”
“Do you think we can get the extra day off?”
She looks at me. I look at her. 😂😂😂
I mean, her Mom makes the schedule.

She booked her flight, bought her park tickets, made her park reservations and we were set.

Tuesday night, September 15th I caught the sunset and headed to bed for an early start the next morning.
0BA1156A-7A84-4688-9F0D-B1776EB0203D.jpeg

Wednesday, September 16 came early. R’s Gma was flying back to Ft Lauderdale an hour before our flight. So we all went together to help her out.

31465BB3-A810-47F5-9B2B-18869C01FCB2.jpeg

C2184A11-9C53-4234-BC1B-024AA92F5AD8.jpeg

We were not sitting together because our flights were booked seperately. I asked to move us together but I asked on the late side and it was a no go. It was fine. We watched movies. I love Jet Blue TV’s!
854A582D-036B-414E-87E3-C5A310C080A9.jpeg

2262DED4-42E8-4DDC-B7CC-C649DE8943D3.jpeg

Yay! The sign said 45 minute wait. The woman who checked us in pointed out the sign and said it “could” take 45 minutes.
EA7403DA-8F58-4B46-912D-ED39F571F321.jpeg

Overheard on the ME: “Mom, I dont want to go to the Magic Kingdom!”
“Where do you want to go?”
“Legoland!!”
Haha😂
Lets check the weather...
F4FB6121-A09D-4A53-88B9-5948D0D1A4A7.png

Notice my phone is only at 44%🤦🏼‍♀️
DECEBFC3-39D3-42ED-9FDF-13A3A9C21B1E.jpeg

Back of the bus. Not a 45 minute wait but about 20.
D633874A-1BD9-4877-93E2-1CE9628007CF.jpeg

Too far in the back of the bus to get THE SIGN. How about the side of the road? Almost as good???

For the record, we went to Wilderness Lodge, BLT, the Contemporary and then The Polynesian.

We finally made it and were ready to let the fun begin!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I knew there was a story behind your husband not answering ... and the boys covering up for him 😉

Sad that your TR is over ... are we lucky enough to have another “One” in the near future?
The poor boys, basically parentless all weekend. That is a joke of course. Good thing I taught them how to cook because my husband was in bed from Friday afternoon until an hour before he picked us up (and for two days after).

As usual the end of your TR has made me sad that it’s over. Hope to see another one sooner rather than later. Stay well my friend!
Zach Galifianakis Thank You GIF
giphy.gif

Thank you for following along. Sometimes it felt like you were there with me in wdw😂And I have your dates in my calendar. Here’s hoping!!🤞

Another enjoyable and humorous report! Thanks for sharing another adventure. can't believe how much it rained that last day.

And, no - I don't want the State tracking my every move via cell phone either.

👍
In my notes I wrote that I wasn’t too upset to be leaving because of all the rain but in hindsight I know it was just the sleep deprivation talking/writing.

giphy.gif

I wouldn’t want any State tracking my every move—especially this fine one we live in!!🤣

giphy.gif

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
@Darstarr—first, did you/do you use the fuel rods & if so did it work?

Second—thank you for being you. What I’m trying to say is— For always providing us with your awesome TR’s!!(& of course for coming to my rescue with the mashed potatoes!!)😘
No I do not use the fuel rods. My phone....it’s not the greatest. I would be swapping every few hours.

And your welcome😘

giphy.gif

lindawdw

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at Kona Cafe this time! The last time we ate dinner there was a disaster! The kid at the table next to us was spitting water at us through his straw, along with screaming and whining throughout a good part of the meal, until they finally left! Also, our meal was subpar so we decided that it would be a while before we return there again. :rolleyes: Glad your hubby is feeling better now! My daughter lives in Brooklyn, flew into LGA a couple weeks ago, filled out that form but checked off they could text her to check in on her. They literally texted her every hour on the hour for the first five days which said was very annoyed at! Thanks again for providing us with so many great stories and lots of laughter!🥰 I was hoping you had another trip planned soon to keep us entertained!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at Kona Cafe this time! The last time we ate dinner there was a disaster! The kid at the table next to us was spitting water at us through his straw, along with screaming and whining throughout a good part of the meal, until they finally left! Also, our meal was subpar so we decided that it would be a while before we return there again. :rolleyes: Glad your hubby is feeling better now! My daughter lives in Brooklyn, flew into LGA a couple weeks ago, filled out that form but checked off they could text her to check in on her. They literally texted her every hour on the hour for the first five days which said was very annoyed at! Thanks again for providing us with so many great stories and lots of laughter!🥰 I was hoping you had another trip planned soon to keep us entertained!

Yikes - I would have politely - but firmly - asked the parents to stop their child from spitting water on me!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The kid at the table next to us was spitting water at us through his straw, along with screaming and whining throughout a good part of the meal,
See what @Swissmiss said below? I would have done the opposite! I would have been very NON polite!!!
My daughter lives in Brooklyn, flew into LGA a couple weeks ago, filled out that form but checked off they could text her to check in on her. They literally texted her every hour on the hour for the first five days which said was very annoyed at!
I put my home phone number the first time (August) and no one ever called. So the second time I also put my home phone and the tracer called non stop.
Did I mention we NEVER answer the home phone? Ooops.

Yikes - I would have politely - but firmly - asked the parents to stop their child from spitting water on me!
See above. ☔

cgersic

Oh my goodness am I sad to see this over! Your smile (even behind the mask) and attitude are so infectious. That, paired with your love of Disney and beer, make me feel like a best friend would do! I hope our paths cross at some future date 🤩

PacNWTigger

200.gif

For such an entertaining TR and helping up improve my gif game! I'll be curious how X's trip goes with the GF without you around doing all of the planning. I know my boys would be beside themselves if they realized the amount of planning I do for these silly trips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom