Keister Coaster waterslide at Disney's BoardWalk Inn closing for refurbishment in October

Club Cooloholic

It has been delayed through to the end of the year, still behind the scrim so looks the same.
This stinks! Headed there next week. I really wish they would let stormaloung bay be an option.
Post Edit:. Just off the phone and according to guest services work should be done by the 15th or 16th. But now I wonder if she meant the 16th of November or December!

Last edited:

Dr.GrantSeeker

Question about the BW pools. I know the Luna Park Pool is fenced in and requires a magic band for entrance, but is the BWV quiet pool and BWI quiet pool also both fenced in?

Club Cooloholic

The Luna Park Keister Coaster slide is being rethemed to the Fantastic Four. Makes me wonder a few things. Will the whole pool area be themed to Marvel...could the whole hotel be redone Marvel? I know they can't be in the WDW parks, but is there anything keeping Marvel IP from being part of a hotel.

TrainsOfDisney

The Luna Park Keister Coaster slide is being rethemed to the Fantastic Four. Makes me wonder a few things. Will the whole pool area be themed to Marvel...could the whole hotel be redone Marvel? I know they can't be in the WDW parks, but is there anything keeping Marvel IP from being part of a hotel.
Seriously? Is this true?

Disneyson

Is this possible? I was under the impression that because Doctor Doom was being used for FearFall, and because of the (presumably) dead shadows of the characters as if they plummeted from the skyshot and smacked into the pavement meant Universal had dibs.

doctornick

So, if true, will Boardwalk be getting an overall Marvel makeover like Hotel New York in Paris?

(It's completely out of place but a Mr. Fantastic water slide is actually kind of a cool idea)

doctornick

Is this possible? I was under the impression that because Doctor Doom was being used for FearFall, and because of the (presumably) dead shadows of the characters as if they plummeted from the skyshot and smacked into the pavement meant Universal had dibs.
I'm sure that the Fantastic Four cannot be used within an theme park east of the Mississippi... but Boardwalk Inn is not a theme park. No reason this wouldn't be fair game, just like they can do a monorail wrap as long as the monorail doesn't enter a theme park.

I've always thought that setting up Marvel in a resort on WDW would be a good way to showcase otherwise unusable characters. They could easily have a M&G buffet for Marvel in a hotel.

Club Cooloholic

Begs the question, couldn't they retheme the whole Boardwalk? I mean. ESPN or one of the others could be turned into a Marvel restaurant, other than Jelly Rolls the area has never lived up to its hype as an entertainment and fun place to visit.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Drunk Amy Schumer GIF

artvandelay

So, if true, will Boardwalk be getting an overall Marvel makeover like Hotel New York in Paris?

(It's completely out of place but a Mr. Fantastic water slide is actually kind of a cool idea)
“Mr. Fantastic? What an ego on this guy!” Great punchline to a Norm MacDonald joke.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom