News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

Clamman73

I guess the people who roll out the bushes on wheels were laid off. Jeez, does anyone care about show anymore?
I guess not...maybe they’ll be a scrim around the base support structure or something...I’m back there friday for the big day.

UNCgolf

I feel kinda bad for anyone who is on their first trip (although that's probably not too many people under the current circumstances) and have that junking up the front of the castle.

Giss Neric

But if I watch that video, YouTube will keep suggesting those to me. o_O;)

Just kidding. I watched that moment, and on an overcast day, it’s still ugly. 🤣

***Frantically checks your profile pic to make sure it’s not your personal video. @Stevie Amsterdam ***
You can watch it then there is an option of "not interested" or "don't recommend channel" after you watch it. It's on the three dots.

Giss Neric

A picture is worth a 1000 words, but video usually does the trick. I suggest you mute the video, and pause at around 5m00s

Jojo (the vlogger) started in DCP. He works as a custodian in the parks then ventured into vlogging. A lot of his vlogs are just fillers but he is always first in line when it comes to new stuff park wise so I do watch him for that. I don't know why the need to mute it, just skip to the parts to you like.

Stevie Amsterdam

You can watch it then there is an option of "not interested" or "don't recommend channel" after you watch it. It's on the three dots.
pietro maximoff marvel GIF

Jojo (the vlogger) started in DCP. He works as a custodian in the parks then ventured into vlogging. A lot of his vlogs are just fillers but he is always first in line when it comes to new stuff park wise so I do watch him for that. I don't know why the need to mute it, just skip to the parts to you like.
guardians of the galaxy vol 2 do you need a hug GIF

tirian

Just think of it as a lite version of the 25th anniversary castle ;)

Nah ... I still contend that's the worst they've done to the castle. I mean just awful!
At least the Castle Cake fit into the aesthetic of the time (mid-90s) and wasn’t intended to be permanent. Also, social media didn’t exist, and Disney didn’t have lifestylers praising the ugly thing to keep their free cupcakes.

After the Castle Cake backlash, Disney returned to the classic castle paint job. Too bad today’s leadership doesn’t understand that you learn from past mistakes to avoid repeating them.

kevlightyear

The map has been updated with the new Castle design (showed up on the server last night, may not be live on the website/app yet). Besides the colors, a lot more detail has been added. In fact, much of the Magic Kingdom was updated in this latest map refresh.

New Castle.jpg

Full hi-res version here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdmbpi0vwgw3ddf/Castle Redesign.jpg?dl=0

Here's a quick comparison between the old and new versions:

Castle-Changes.gif

brihow

The map has been updated with the new Castle design (showed up on the server last night, may not be live on the website/app yet). Besides the colors, a lot more detail has been added. In fact, much of the Magic Kingdom was updated in this latest map refresh.

View attachment 515260
Full hi-res version here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdmbpi0vwgw3ddf/Castle Redesign.jpg?dl=0

View attachment 515261
If only the paint colors chosen were the shades that are depicted on the app.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

View attachment 515260

View attachment 515261
Interesting how they've reduced the show buildings behind Philharmagic and Fairytale hall... they must be feeling some heat over the BBB and the Behemoth of Tron.

JohnD

Interesting how they've reduced the show buildings behind Philharmagic and Fairytale hall... they must be feeling some heat over the BBB and the Behemoth of Tron.

I noticed that too. Guess they wanted the map to be more "magical". i.e. What you would actually see while walking around. The new version also adds security screening for busses.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom