Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

Minnesota disney fan

Just processing :)

Thanks for that video! I only saw one nice rest area with a double bench. Maybe I missed other ones? It seems like an awfully long walk with only one bench area? IDK, but I think my legs wouldn't hold up for the extra walking. But it is a nice addition for those who can physically use it, and a beautiful walkway.

surfsupdon

I commend Disney for this pathway, and hope they add more walking paths to connect more locations.
Universal is much more pedestrian and runner friendly. I understand that Universal has a smaller footprint, but their Garden Walk connects all Resorts with multiple offshoots that cross major roadways both above and below. It’s awesome.

ToTBellHop

1. See, there is a bench at MK!

2. But no trash cans...

3. The new walkway becomes a Disney blogger super spreader event.

4. We can see the docked electric flotilla! The magic is destroyed!!

5. Now do it in 360 degrees video!!

6. Now do it in a walk all the way from and to the TTC!!!
I need a video from the Garden Wing of Contemporary to the TTC lost and found and I need it now.

vikescaper

While this is great for GF, this is also great for Shades of Green guests. Before we would have to walk to Poly and take the monorail, but now we can just head straight to MK.
I know my family is excited for the pathway since we always walk from SoG to the Poly to catch the monorail. Can’t wait to try it out next month!

Disone

Good catch. Maybe they’re keeping all the Bay Lake resorts together, since the new dock will have space for Lakeside Lodge. Certainly makes returning to GF/Poly a bit less intuitive tho.
The signage did not look temporary. After looking at it today in person I think they moved the Grand Floridian in the Polynesian to the middle. My only guess on this is that the launch is Fort Wilderness Lodge and for the campground are typically larger and they have to maneuver within a tightly compact area. With the new Dock they don't have to come quite so deeply inside the Magic Kingdom Bay Area if you will. They stay on the outer portion making it easier to maneuver. Just a guess. Or they'll flip the signs later. :)

Disney Experience

Decades ago I was staying at the Grand Floridian for Christmas with my niece. It was real late, she wanted to watch a DVD (Nightmare before Christmas), so I started it in the room, but I decided to go to Magic Kingdom to ride a few rides and enjoy the night.

I took the monorail, but on the way back, I asked a cast member does the walkway go to the Grand Floridian from MK? She said yes, so I decided to walk the path. It was quiet, and no one else there [a great break from the crowds]. I walked and walked, then got the canal, and knew the castmember was wrong, I could see GF in the distance, but no , unless I swam with crocodiles, I had to walk the long walk back. Did so and went on the Monorail.

So glad that someday soon I will be able to complete that walk. Though when it was not completed it was one spot you could walk in peace. Another was the point at Polynesian, it is gone though in order to build the on water villas. When I was single I used to take girlfriends to those secluded (or at least uncrowded) locations.

I am glad they completed the path, even if it will likely remove a quiet place at Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom