News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

EricsBiscuit

There is nothing about the context of the expansion that required its placement or the insistence on reusing such a lousy facade.
I’m sorry. I’m critical when I need to be but I am usually an optimist. It seems like some will continuously find fault in everything Disney does. If they added no details and ornamentation, they would cry “it’s too bland!” When they do add it “they’re just covering their poor design choices.” You just can’t win with these people. As someone who has experience building out successful hospitality enterprises, I can appreciate all the hard work that goes into designing and building these projects (and then maintaining and operating them). It’s one of the reasons I love going to the parks so much. Disney gets a lot of flack from the keyboard warriors at home but in the end it’s Disney who’s making billions every normal year.

lazyboy97o

I’m sorry. I’m critical when I need to be but I am usually an optimist. It seems like some will continuously find fault in everything Disney does. If they added no details and ornamentation, they would cry “it’s too bland!” When they do add it “they’re just covering their poor design choices.” You just can’t win with these people. As someone who has experience building out successful hospitality enterprises, I can appreciate all the hard work that goes into designing and building these projects (and then maintaining and operating them). It’s one of the reasons I love going to the parks so much. Disney gets a lot of flack from the keyboard warriors at home but in the end it’s Disney who’s making billions every normal year.
I’m well aware of what goes into a project. I’ve explained in detail why projects like this and TRON cannot just be dropped into place. Whether or not ornament is appropriate is entirely dependent on the story being told. Forcing people to walk around the pavilion was not a necessity. Keeping an old, poorly designed facade that is not integral to the theater’s building envelope was not a necessity with hundreds of millions of dollars.

Disney Analyst

Here here!

UNCgolf

But it wasn't too bland before; it looked okay the way it was (certainly not perfect, but better than it does now).

Plus, this is supposed to look like Paris, at least to an extent. The wall painting doesn't fit just like it wouldn't fit if they painted a bunch of stuff on the American Adventure brickwork, because it would actually detract from what the building is supposed to be rather than enhancing it.

brihow

Not sure why adding detail is a problem. Imagine if people said about Main Street “yeah, too nice. It distracts everybody and slows us down as we run towards the castle and the rides!!1!” I hope they add more detail, not less. I’d prefer to have a sensory overload than be underwhelmed. Ideally, there’s a balance. But, I’d posit that the balance leans towards more detail.
Don't even THINK about comparing this expansion to the absolute perfection of Main St. USA.

NateD1226

Sneak peek of the ride will air during ABC's “The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration” on Thanksgiving Night

nickys

Premium Member
Sneak peek of the ride will air during ABC's “The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration” on Thanksgiving Night

A “sneak peek”? 😂😂

It’s a clone of the ride at DLP, there are full ride videos available. But sure Disney, you promote it as a sneak peek. 🤦🏽‍♀️

jaxonp

IMG_1829.jpeg

l'entrée du métro est magnifique!

180º

The Imagineering Story said that it took longer for them to animate the videos for this ride than the actual movie, so I'd imagine they'd keep it bilingual to avoid having to redo it all or to have to awkwardly dub over the French parts
I don’t think so. It’s worth noting that it’s mostly due to the huge pixel count of the video that takes up massive render time on servers vs rendering the FAR less pixel dense (2K?) original film. They said a similar thing about the Flight of Passage film, for the same reason.

To re-animate the character’s lip sync is relatively simple and quick. They’ll have to re-render all of the scenes, but that’s all up to the servers. Very doable, and my guess is the ride will debut tout en Anglais.

mickey33

The Imagineering Story said that it took longer for them to animate the videos for this ride than the actual movie, so I'd imagine they'd keep it bilingual to avoid having to redo it all or to have to awkwardly dub over the French parts
Disney is capable of dubbing animated films! they have known how to do it for a long time!
I think that Imagineering is creating the story in English and the French translates it afterwards for the ride in Paris.

Disney Analyst

Just watched the video:

They are indeed bringing the original show form to Epcot from Paris. Script was always written to explain everything in both languages. Tom F says this is the first bilingual show in Epcot. And how wonderful it will be to hear the French language as part of your experience

Youtube timestamp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom