New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

TrainsOfDisney

Cirque pull out of Canadian bankruptcy yet? 🤔

“
Cirque shareholders including TPG, China’s Fosun International Ltd. and Caisse de Depot et Placement du Quebec, the province’s pension fund, will see their investment wiped out when the deal closes. TPG bought a majority stake in 2015.

First-lien creditors, owed more than $900 million as of March 31, will wind up with virtually all of the equity. The group leading the bid has said it plans to inject $375 million of new capital into the Montreal-based company, which was forced shut down all of its 44 shows at the onset of the pandemic.”

Quote from - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...enders-takeover-plan-approved-by-quebec-judge

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Saw the VP of Disney Springs and some suits walking around Cirque today. Looked like they were planning social distancing markers and the like.

However, the tickets available for the current opening night (Feb 10th) were sold with ZERO social distancing inside the theatre :(

the.dreamfinder

People really thought that with how much Disney has invested in the show, they wouldn't be on board? From. Day. One.

Cirque ALWAYS had plans to reconfigure the theater.

The issue wasn't spacing, but how to appease the very intricate technical needs of the show (audio specifically).
Plexiglass messing with things?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
A socially distanced Cirque may be on the table.

this throws a huge monkey wrench into tickets that have already been sold. Don't get me wrong I'm ALL for it and can't wait to see the new show but I swear if they cancel my opening night tickets I'm not going to be thrilled.

halltd

I think a lot of you are just talking nonsense at this point. The theatre was renovated before Covid and was finished, ready for opening in March. Several people that have posted online already saw previews of the finished show. The show isn't open because of Covid...not audio issues. :rolleyes:

Benjamin_Nicholas

I think a lot of you are just talking nonsense at this point. The theatre was renovated before Covid and was finished, ready for opening in March. Several people that have posted online already saw previews of the finished show. The show isn't open because of Covid...not audio issues. :rolleyes:

Really? Well, I'll have to let Anthony and David know that when I see them next week.

It'll be a relief for them that it's just COVID and not the tech ramifications of moving guests around a custom theater.

I'm sure they'll be happy to be able to stop working on that fix.

Benjamin_Nicholas

If the show isn’t opening because of audio issues then Cirque is even more mid-managed than i thought!

Clearly, you don't understand how detail-oriented Cirque's people are. It's their calling card.

And then add Imagineers and Disney management on top of that. That's where the fun really begins.

The show isn't open for a variety of reasons at the moment. Audio is just one of the issues.

Benjamin_Nicholas

They got to convince someone to keep writing checks! :p

Ultimately, as much as the company values their team effort with Disney, it's Vegas that will bring CDS back from the brink.

If Disney needs to implement their own people to make DTL work, they will. CDS has never been good about putting bottom line above creating an incredible visual experience.

I have faith it'll all turn out swell :)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Ultimately, as much as the company values their team effort with Disney, it's Vegas that will bring CDS back from the brink.

If Disney needs to implement their own people to make DTL work, they will. CDS has never been good about putting bottom line above creating an incredible visual experience.

I have faith it'll all turn out swell :)

Speaking of Vegas...Zummanity got the axe this week :(

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
But on the plus side, they confirmed contract extensions for “O”, The Beatles LOVE, KÀ, Michael Jackson ONE, and Mystère. Definitely sad news about Zumanity, but good to hear the others are surviving and being extended.
oh i didn't see about the extensions - great news!!

TrainsOfDisney

After 17 years, Zumanity was the least performing production that the company had. It was time to drop the axe.

While sad, as I had several friends in the cast, CDS needs to move forward and cut the fat.
It wasn’t really my style so I never saw it but I heard good things. I’m surprised it’s closing over mystere, i figured it would be first to fall.

Good to hear about the other shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom