News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Jones14

Is this building being constructed for the WDW version? It’s hard to tell if the materials in that spot right now are for the canopy or the beginnings of this structure.
AFE10BC3-FC95-4E74-BD05-D7A72F0DC560.jpeg

Seanual757

Still a bunch of concrete work as well as hardscape work to be done nothing updated as far as timeline. The canopy work will continue until completed. After that it's all up in the air if Disney will move the time line up or continue with the pause in construction.

SilentWindODoom

Did anyone mention tearing down Caribbean Plaza? I am thinking ADD, not REMOVE...Add more of the Pirates Cove area to our existing Caribbean Plaza...EXPAND the area.. Caribbean Plaza was built in the 70s after the park was up and running... The theming was never amazing...it was nice. The added Marquee with Pirate Skeletons added a bit more, especially after the loss of the barker bird... That area could have always used more.

I figured you wanted to tear down Caribbean Plaza because I have no idea where a whole new Pirates Lagoon would happen unless you wanna wipe out the backstage area and have the train go over the lagoon... which sounds cool but is probably not feasible.

Wasn't me.

But I caught you on the camera.

The more I see of Tron with its ugly building the more I'm impressed with Velocicoaster. It amazes me how much the Dis defends Tron but puts down Velocicoaster. 🙄

I remember when John Hammond welcomed people to Jurassic Park and brought them to the iconic Welcome Center and there was a giant black steel roller coaster with people screaming wrapped around it.

View attachment 508390

*sigh*
It was so pretty

Nothing like the sight of a dingy grey monorail beam.

So you'd like them to completely replace all of DL's Tomorrowland.

I do think your'e on to something with "create the best Space Mountain." But it seems like what makes Space Mountain(s) great is the simplicity of the ride? I don't know. If they were to put a modern steel roller coaster inside of the existing Space Mountain building (assuming that's even possible), maybe what it would lose in charm would be offset by thrills?

I thought what made Space Mountain is not being able to see what's coming in front of you, making the experience more thrilling and unpredictable despite the actual structure being so simple.

Holy crap, did the people who adapted Dinosaur think they were creating an homage to Imagineering genius of the past?

SilentWindODoom

I didn’t have a picture from beyond the Monorail beams. But believe me, I saw it. And from the Monorail too.

I’m no photographer.

Heh. Just joking. A lot of overdramatic talk has gone on about how the box is the end of the world and the grey office roofs and AC units of Fantasyland was the ultimate in theming and magic. I'll be glad to have the canopy up so that at least some of the sightlines will be finalized after all this speculation.

Brer Oswald

Heh. Just joking. A lot of overdramatic talk has gone on about how the box is the end of the world and the grey office roofs and AC units of Fantasyland was the ultimate in theming and magic. I'll be glad to have the canopy up so that at least some of the sightlines will be finalized after all this speculation.
I don’t think it’s the end of the world. I just wish they had made a more creative looking building from all visible angles

corran horn

Yeah, maybe some of these people are too young for the 'views' from the skyway?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom