News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Movielover

Will any of those ice cubes be plastic and light up?
No, that's for the Spaceship Earth drink.

Served in a large circular bowl. Combine 1 shot of Greek brandy, 1 shot Medieval Mead, 1 shot of Italian Wine of choice. Mix with Sweet and Sour Bitters for that nostalgic taste and top with Bacardi 151 rum. Add in 1 very bright LED ice cube made by Apple and use a lighter to ignite the 151 Rum for a "fiery-smoky" flavor (this step is optional). Coat the rim of the bowl in a fine layer of dust then serve in a pitch black room which the LED ice cube will negate the intended effects.

This is fun! :happy:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is so stupid. They should be opening up more and brining more stuff back. They basically have chosen to lose billions next year when they could open up and so many people would come. People want to come, open up 100%!
Open up more than they are now? The parks were already at their reduced capacity. If they open up more, it will be an (more) unsafe environment.

SplashJacket

Open up more than they are now? The parks were already at their reduced capacity. If they open up more, it will be an (more) unsafe environment.
I believe he is referring to Rat's opening getting delayed and a lot of entertainment offerings being put on hold, not the actual capacity for the park.

This is so stupid. They should be opening up more and brining more stuff back. They basically have chosen to lose billions next year when they could open up and so many people would come. People want to come, open up 100%!
They will be opening attractions up next year. Currently, the parks are generally reaching their capacity thresholds with ease, so opening-up an attraction that is meant to draw additional guests into the park doesn't accomplish much.

DCBaker

Premium Member
france-pavilion-instagram-walls-1.jpg
france-pavilion-instagram-walls-2.jpg

UNCgolf

View attachment 513993View attachment 513994

I'm really not a fan of that. Partially because I don't think it fits the aesthetic of the area (especially the second), but moreso because that area isn't very big to begin with and it's going to create serious traffic flow issues if a bunch of people are stopping in the middle to take pictures with a wall.

aladdin2007

I'm really not a fan of that. Partially because I don't think it fits the aesthetic of the area (especially the second), but moreso because that area isn't very big to begin with and it's going to create serious traffic flow issues if a bunch of people are stopping in the middle to take pictures with a wall.

agree, its gaudy and unnecessary when things were just starting to look really nice.

UNCgolf

I would have preferred to see some wheat-pasted street art / advertisemtns, since that seems more fitting.
http://driehausmuseum.org/images/uploads/blog/_big/blog-poster-maniac.jpg

They do have some of that on the post in the main part of the pavilion (at least if I'm remembering correctly).

But that does more or less sum up why I don't think it fits. Generally speaking you're not going to have one small brightly painted area on the side of a building. They would either keep the buildings clean of that type of artwork (and based on my experience in Paris, the type of building/area they're attempting to portray would be clean) or it should be completely covered with a variety of things. With that said, if the entire lower part of the building was covered with that type of bright colorful artwork it would still look out of place.

EricsBiscuit

Not sure why adding detail is a problem. Imagine if people said about Main Street ā€œyeah, too nice. It distracts everybody and slows us down as we run towards the castle and the rides!!1!ā€ I hope they add more detail, not less. Iā€™d prefer to have a sensory overload than be underwhelmed. Ideally, thereā€™s a balance. But, Iā€™d posit that the balance leans towards more detail.

lazyboy97o

Not sure why adding detail is a problem. Imagine if people said about Main Street ā€œyeah, too nice. It distracts everybody and slows us down as we run towards the castle and the rides!!1!ā€ I hope they add more detail, not less. Iā€™d prefer to have a sensory overload than be underwhelmed. Ideally, thereā€™s a balance. But, Iā€™d posit that the balance leans towards more detail.
Ornament is not inherently a detail.

EricsBiscuit

Even in Classicism ornament has a place. It isnā€™t just slathered on to hide a bad design decisions.
I agree to that but I think re Rat we have to understand the context of the expansion. Itā€™s not exactly shoehorned but there are still constraints. I have a soft spot for murals and mosaics so maybe Iā€™m biased but I like seeing Disney do more murals. Itā€™s one thing Disney used to excel at and something Iā€™m glad theyā€™re reviving. From the Fantasia mural at the Welch Grape Juice stand at DL to ECā€™s glorious murals to this new generation of murals, I love them all.

lazyboy97o

I agree to that but I think re Rat we have to understand the context of the expansion. Itā€™s not exactly shoehorned but there are still constraints. I have a soft spot for murals and mosaics so maybe Iā€™m biased but I like seeing Disney do more murals. Itā€™s one thing Disney used to excel at and something Iā€™m glad theyā€™re reviving. From the Fantasia mural at the Welch Grape Juice stand at DL to ECā€™s glorious murals to this new generation of murals, I love them all.
There is nothing about the context of the expansion that required its placement or the insistence on reusing such a lousy facade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom