News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

The_Jobu

More importantly, that wall shows it's not nearly ready to open.
Oq0XDQ_I1_hr7QbQ03vd8fbBM3o0U-D9Ogjo5HhaezPFKG0fxTV6snnpk2UwjVUszGdH

LastoneOn

Are we sure the cinder blocks aren’t part of the theming?
Watched some Dolph Lundgren movies years ago. He's on a Soviet boomer, nuke missile sub. Chasing somebody, I dont' remember the plot. There's all this huge pipe, gate valves, steel beams and then he runs up a set of concrete stairs complete with steel handrails. Those Soviets...they sure knew how to build 'em back then!

So a few cinderblocks up in orbit? Think of it as radiation shielding.

(probably filmed at a power plant)

UNCgolf

Is it just me or do the tables under the windows look exceptionally tiny? They don't look big enough to hold two drinks and two plates of food. Maybe they are some sort of reserved seats just for people to have drinks with no food.

The window size is disappointing. I was hoping for massive views out into "space", although it's possible that there's more than one set of windows.

SplashJacket

Is it just me or do the tables under the windows look exceptionally tiny? They don't look big enough to hold two drinks and two plates of food. Maybe they are some sort of reserved seats just for people to have drinks with no food.

The window size is disappointing. I was hoping for massive views out into "space", although it's possible that there's more than one set of windows.
I honestly think it is just the angle that makes us think it is a lot smaller. The change in elevation isn't shown in the photo so our brain doesn't really have a reference for anything. Those windows look pretty big imho.

trainplane3

I honestly think it is just the angle that makes us think it is a lot smaller. The change in elevation isn't shown in the photo so our brain doesn't really have a reference for anything. Those windows look pretty big imho.
This^
Looking at the latest concept art, it lines up with 2 tables per window:
epcot-space-220-restaurant-render-16x9.jpg

It's probably just a trick of the perspective as well as people being so close to the camera.

maxairmike

This^
Looking at the latest concept art, it lines up with 2 tables per window:
epcot-space-220-restaurant-render-16x9.jpg

It's probably just a trick of the perspective as well as people being so close to the camera.

I agree with @UNCgolf, those tables look awfully tiny, smaller in depth/width than the booth seats. It looks like a standard size reusable water bottle in the middle of the table to the right. I suppose those could just be mounting plates for a bigger tabletop...hopefully.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom