News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Piebald

So I hate to not read back but its so hard to follow. Help me understand (we've ridden and done the groups)

We are going Sunday to DHS. Can we wake up and hit the app from bed and drive over or has it been determined you need to be "close" to the resort?

DCBaker

Premium Member
So I hate to not read back but its so hard to follow. Help me understand (we've ridden and done the groups)

We are going Sunday to DHS. Can we wake up and hit the app from bed and drive over or has it been determined you need to be "close" to the resort?
You can get a group from anywhere, as long as you have park admission + park pass.

disneygeek90

Hey y’all. Sorry I’ve been a bit MIA. I just completed my 30th total run on ROTR and it was the worst run I’ve ever had. Interesting, to say the least though.
No pre shows at all, we went straight into the hangar. First time I’ve ever actually witnessed that in person. As for the ride itself, the cannons were not working. The TRUE phenomenon was that final Kylo was down. Instead of getting a B mode window shot we went through the normal motions like Kylo was there but the piece of ship or whatever in front of him remained there and there was no audio or effects. Really odd. No further audio on the run until Finn finally says “you guys cutting it close” or whatever. Honestly would have complained if it wasn’t my 30th time on this thing. Still always surprising!

jaxonp

Hey y’all. Sorry I’ve been a bit MIA. I just completed my 30th total run on ROTR and it was the worst run I’ve ever had. Interesting, to say the least though.
No pre shows at all, we went straight into the hangar. First time I’ve ever actually witnessed that in person. As for the ride itself, the cannons were not working. The TRUE phenomenon was that final Kylo was down. Instead of getting a B mode window shot we went through the normal motions like Kylo was there but the piece of ship or whatever in front of him remained there and there was no audio or effects. Really odd. No further audio on the run until Finn finally says “you guys cutting it close” or whatever. Honestly would have complained if it wasn’t my 30th time on this thing. Still always surprising!
Yikes. I know they’re trying to make everything work but man that’s rough.

RichKermitFan

I’m taking my family for the first time tomorrow and my niece is a diehard Star Wars fan. I’ve been so excited to take them. I’ll be super bummed if this is the state of the attraction tomorrow. If anyone knows if preshow continues to be down, please let me know. I maintain that this ride AND Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway should not operate without a preshow.

jaxonp

I’m taking my family for the first time tomorrow and my niece is a diehard Star Wars fan. I’ve been so excited to take them. I’ll be super bummed if this is the state of the attraction tomorrow. If anyone knows if preshow continues to be down, please let me know. I maintain that this ride AND Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway should not operate without a preshow.
I’ve been on ROtR about 10 times now. Only seen it operating at 100% 2 times. I’ve seen Kylo 2 in B mode half the time and I’ve seen guns not working 3 times. I’ve only missed the transport ship once where they take you through the hallway to the ship.

I’ve now ridden MMRR 5 times.. sadly none of those times have had the preshow thanks to COVID.

RichKermitFan

I’ve been on ROtR about 10 times now. Only seen it operating at 100% 2 times. I’ve seen Kylo 2 in B mode half the time and I’ve seen guns not working 3 times. I’ve only missed the transport ship once where they take you through the hallway to the ship.

I’ve now ridden MMRR 5 times.. sadly none of those times have had the preshow thanks to COVID.
I can understand certain elements operating in B-mode. Things happen, I get it. Not having those pre-shows is like removing an entire scene and thats really not right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom