News Liberty Square Riverboat and Tom Sawyer Island closing for lengthy refurbishment

DisneyTransport

So i wonder where all the gators went? A few years ago standing just south of the river boat, there was a crowd of people standing near the water when I went to see what the matter was someone said they had seen a gator. And every few minutes bubbles came up from down below... look out there!
If there was a gator, it would of been promptly removed. It most likely traveled there from a separate pond. Its not the best habitat for them and Disney does not want a gator attacking a bird in front of guests!

_caleb

I'm sorry that TSI won't be available during my trip next month. It's one of my favorite places at WDW! I hope it gets some TLC...
Shhh! Don't tell anyone how great TSI is! The last thing we need is the "I've never bothered to visit TSI but it's boring and should be replaced with a roller coaster" folks hearing you and crowding the island! Let's keep it for people with imaginations who don't need to be entertained or jostled about in order to have fun!

Nothing to see here, folks. Don't forget- TSI is a waste of space!

LastoneOn

I’ve always heard “no deeper than 9 feet,” and Wikipedia says it ranges from 4–8.
The boats are the boats, they ride on the track/in the track - in other words the keel of the boat is sitting very close to the bottom, so the track is the same depth below the water line all the way around. Maybe 4, 5 feet? Not sure what the boats draw. The deeper areas are "pools" in various spaces along side of the main river bed.

This is how I've seen it looking anyway, when pictures of it drained show up and on whatever documentary I've seen.

Goofyernmost

Maybe they should have put that money towards saving those acts and employees they just laid off.
Is that refurbishment doing it by itself? Aren't they paying people to do the cleanup and repair? Things that front liners cannot or do not know how to do? Should they let the park decay just because there is a temporary slow down on income and attendance? Isn't it better to get that "so called" eyesore done when it will affect fewer people then during normal times? It is sometimes amazing just how tunnel visioned so many people are. In any decision made by anyone for anything, current ideal needs need to be considered, but not without an attempt to see the future and how that will affect the big picture. I am concerned about the CM's as well, but how is that going to help by draining the company of working capital to pay people that are not needed at this time. It's like your local government forcing you to pay a tax because so many stores have closed because of no business and you should pay to support them anyway, because a lot of people lost their livelihoods because of this damn virus. Perhaps if about 50K people sent Disney a check for $100.00 every day they would have the cash flow to pay all those unneeded CM's so they could, I don't know, clean the pavement with a toothbrush or some other make work project.

dmw

In the Parks
No

Wow! I never knew there was a service marina... and so far away! So, I guess the Liberty Bell has both power and steering independent from the track on ROA? That would be cool to see her sailing across the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake.

DisneyTransport

Wow! I never knew there was a service marina... and so far away! So, I guess the Liberty Bell has both power and steering independent from the track on ROA? That would be cool to see her sailing across the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake.
That general area is AMAZING. That's where they can dry dock the various boats. You also have the monorails and steam train maintenance bays a couple hundred yards away :cool:

And yes, the Liberty Belle propels herself and is just guided by tracks when in use to prevent any unfortunate mishaps.

Lora Baines Bradley

2552D52F-FBE6-434B-A36D-D240B4DF86EF.jpeg
80B31C94-6ACC-424E-A6FF-32A3E0887B01.jpeg

From today, 11/14

JoeCamel

That general area is AMAZING. That's where they can dry dock the various boats. You also have the monorails and steam train maintenance bays a couple hundred yards away :cool:

And yes, the Liberty Belle propels herself and is just guided by tracks when in use to prevent any unfortunate mishaps.
They use tugs to help her through the channel and canal right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom