News Liberty Square Riverboat and Tom Sawyer Island closing for lengthy refurbishment

tirian

LOL! No offense taken here!
Just curious, at it seems reads differently (in my head) than the signage on Tom Sawyer Island or what's used in Splash. Maybe more like BTMM?
LOL, no worries! I knew you didn’t mean it that way.

I’m joking about Twitter, but I’m not joking about the not-so-subtle toonification of everything. I can hear people saying, “But it’s for kids!” My response is, “Yeah, and so is the entire well-themed land!”

All jokes aside, the purple cartoon sign was a surprise.

Here’s hoping we get some more traffic on the river after this refurb!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’ve always heard “no deeper than 9 feet,” and Wikipedia says it ranges from 4–8.
Is the boat also on wheels? If not to provide a stable journey with no rocking that would cause guests to fall, but to avoid scraping against the bottom.

DisneyTransport

Is the boat also on wheels? If not to provide a stable journey with no rocking that would cause guests to fall, but to avoid scraping against the bottom.
Yes, thats what the track is for. Same with the JC boats. All on tracks. Not really to prevent rocking, just to keep it from hitting the banks

If you mean are they like a car on the bottom, then no.

_caleb

LOL, no worries! I knew you didn’t mean it that way.

I’m joking about Twitter, but I’m not joking about the not-so-subtle toonification of everything. I can hear people saying, “But it’s for kids!” My response is, “Yeah, and so is the entire well-themed land!”

All jokes aside, the purple cartoon sign was a surprise.

Here’s hoping we get some more traffic on the river after this refurb!
I hadn't seen the "outrage" on Twitter. I really do dislike the signage at the parks over the last few years. So cheaply done and, yes, the cartoony look doesn't seem appropriate for the area theming.

[Insert grumpy old man mumble about the good old days of Disney construction signage: http://www.disneyhistoryinstitute.com/2014/09/pardon-our-pixie-dust.html]

JoeCamel

cookiee_munster

So keeping part of Rivers of America and keeping that bit of canal so boats can have access in/out of the park, all the red i've highlighted, is that all that's available for expansion in that area?

Attachments

• wdw expansion.jpg
    wdw expansion.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 127

Walt d

So i wonder where all the gators went? A few years ago standing just south of the river boat, there was a crowd of people standing near the water when I went to see what the matter was someone said they had seen a gator. And every few minutes bubbles came up from down below... look out there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom