Politics RUMOR: Lin Manuel Miranda and Weird Al to Redo Hall of Presidents

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

RSoxNo1

When the show was getting updates in the 70s and 80s all they did was add another robot and name to the roll call.

The desire to redo the script, music, narration etc with each new President was another trend started in 1993.

I don't mind if all they do going forward is the basic stuff and keep the current movie/script/narration.
That can work, but I also think it's probably time to eliminate the speaking role for the current president.

Sir_Cliff

They really should have announced before the election that, whoever wins, they were developing a new show in which the current president would go back to a non-speaking role. Now any discussion and reactions are going to be coloured by however people feel about the outcome.

Either way, I do think they should get rid of the speaking role for the current president. It's just unrealistic to elevate the current president, whoever they are, above politics.

doctornick

They really should have announced before the election that, whoever wins, they were developing a new show in which the current president would go back to a non-speaking role. Now any discussion and reactions are going to be coloured by however people feel about the outcome.

I think such a plan would have worked well prior to the 2016 election given that no matter who won they’d be “new”. If it were done 6 months ago it would have been taken poorly especially by Trump supporters and would have been an “unnecessary” and costly change for no reason from Disney’s prospective if Trump had won.

That said, now is a perfect time to return to the “no speaking role for the current president” setup. They have to change the attraction anyway. The winner is another old white man so they don’t have to deal with the backlash if it were a minority of some sort for under representing. They have featured two Democrats and two Republicans so that’s “even”. And honestly they can even tie it to Biden’s message of “unifying the nation “ that hopefully would help keep his supporters from being offended. I don’t think there’s a better time to consider it and it needs to be done to keep the attention more neutral and less of a lightening rod.

Archie123

William Henry Harrison was president for about a month... got a statue.

Pence may get a statue but he won't get an animatronic figure in the HoP especially if the only reason he becomes president is to pardon his former boss for any crimes he may have committed. And that would be the only reason he would become president in 2020.

Harrison was a war hero, congressman and senator who won the presidency but died after a month in office. Totally deserved an AA.

SteveAZee

Pence may get a statue but he won't get an animatronic figure in the HoP especially if the only reason he becomes president is to pardon his former boss for any crimes he may have committed. And that would be the only reason he would become president in 2020.
I guess I'm just pointing out that neither 'time on office' or whether or not they are 'elected' means much to whether or not they get into HOP. I would guess that anyone who takes the oath of office gets to be there.

Archie123

I guess I'm just pointing out that neither 'time on office' or whether or not they are 'elected' means much to whether or not they get into HOP. I would guess that anyone who takes the oath of office gets to be there.

I don't think we will ever find out because I don't think for a second that Trump will resign.

SteveAZee

I don't think we will ever find out because I don't think for a second that Trump will resign.
LOL, it's hard to predict, at least for me. I would guess he would first try to give himself a blanket pardon for all crimes past and present and hope the SC would back that up as a power of the office.

Archie123

LOL, it's hard to predict, at least for me. I would guess he would first try to give himself a blanket pardon for all crimes past and present and hope the SC would back that up as a power of the office.

Who knows with Trump as anything is possible but I would guess that trying a blanket pardon won't be legal. I did ask my Magic 8-ball whether Pence will be president and I got this:

1605029070234.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Harrison was a war hero, congressman and senator who won the presidency but died after a month in office. Totally deserved an AA.
So... Gerald Ford is in there...

Archie123

So... Gerald Ford is in there...

And Ford was president from August 1974 through January 1977. That is a lot longer than Pence's possible 70 days in office which would only occur if Trump quit today.

There are huge differences between when Nixon quit and Trump's possibly resigning only to be pardoned by Pence.

UNCgolf

And Ford was president from August 1974 through January 1977. That is a lot longer than Pence's possible 70 days in office which would only occur if Trump quit today.

There are huge differences between when Nixon quit and Trump's possibly resigning only to be pardoned by Pence.

Pence would (or at least should) get an AA if that happened -- otherwise it defeats the purpose of the Hall of Presidents. He would still be an official President of the United States regardless of how long his term lasted.

I definitely don't see it happening, though.

Archie123

Pence would (or at least should) get an AA if that happened -- otherwise it defeats the purpose of the Hall of Presidents. He would still be an official President of the United States regardless of how long his term lasted.

I definitely don't see it happening, though.

I don't think it will happen either. If it does maybe they can add an asterisk to his head to represent the controversy instead of the fly that landed on him in the debate.

Goofyernmost

Wouldn't that be too similar to the American Adventure?
Not sure where you see the similarity except in parts of the film. As far as the presentation of Presidents, they have a completely different show. American Adventure does not focus on Presidents its focus is on historical happening of the nation. HoP is strictly about (now 46 Presidents of the nation. The only similarity is that they both have something to do with the United States and that is basically where it ends.

That is what we have been saying. Of course, he isn't going to get a speaking part, there isn't time if they wanted too, but he will be in the show and that is what I, at least, have been saying. I do think he would be a limited movement animatronic because that is a simple process. Just like the others he would be looking around desperately trying to find "mother" or shifting his weight.

UNCgolf

Not sure where you see the similarity except in parts of the film. As far as the presentation of Presidents, they have a completely different show. American Adventure does not focus on Presidents its focus is on historical happening of the nation. HoP is strictly about (now 46 Presidents of the nation. The only similarity is that they both have something to do with the United States and that is basically where it ends.

I wasn't saying HoP and American Adventure are currently similar. He suggested changing HoP to a different type of show, and what he was describing was very similar to American Adventure. I was pointing out that American Adventure already exists, so it wouldn't make sense to change HoP to be like it.

Last edited:

Archie123

That is what we have been saying. Of course, he isn't going to get a speaking part, there isn't time if they wanted too, but he will be in the show and that is what I, at least, have been saying. I do think he would be a limited movement animatronic because that is a simple process. Just like the others he would be looking around desperately trying to find "mother" or shifting his weight.

He won't get an AA either. Not for the reason he became president. Anyways, time to move on with this as playing a hypothetical game of "Will Trump resign" is boring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom